MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
That’s not fair, he is pissed off because Wayne is fucking everyone around and making his life pretty fucking shit. He currently can’t coach the club he is at because Wayne has told Souths repeatedly he is coming so Seibold has been removed from all discussions and decisions. He has told his family twice that they are moving and then that they are not. These are kids, they have school and friendships, this isn’t fair and it is nothing to do coaching.

Let’s not forget, WB had been led to believe initially that the swap was on and then unexpectedly was told he was staying.

One week later, after a week of innuendo from all corners, he called a press conference to maintain he was staying.

That’s not fair, he is pissed off because Wayne is fucking everyone around and making his life pretty fucking shit. He currently can’t coach the club he is at because Wayne has told Souths repeatedly he is coming so Seibold has been removed from all discussions and decisions. He has told his family twice that they are moving and then that they are not. These are kids, they have school and friendships, this isn’t fair and it is nothing to do coaching.

Yeah I feel like Wayne is doing everything he can to make life miserable for all parties involved. He wants to be the man and stay the man forever. Because of his stature in the game he knows better than everyone. Wouldn’t even surprise me if he ***** both clubs pre season preparations and then just retires before 2019 season begins.

Yeah I feel like Wayne is doing everything he can to make life miserable for all parties involved. He wants to be the man and stay the man forever. Because of his stature in the game he knows better than everyone. Wouldn’t even surprise me if he ***** both clubs pre season preparations and then just retires before 2019 season begins.

Honestly, he’s fucking Souths for 19 (good) and all of our players are happy he’s staying (from JD) which is good for us next year.

I would have no issue with Bennett being fired, people were well against me when I said that a lot of this was Bennett mind games and not the media spinning shit, I think what Seibold is saying pretty much backs that up. Everything is about Bennett, always has been, always will be, I don't think he gives two ***** about the club to be honest.

I reckon he’ll **** the broncos soon enough if he stays on for 2019. He’s just trying to pull all the strings now

That’s of no benefit to Bennett. Nothing would solidify his legacy more than winning a premiership.

That’s of no benefit to Bennett. Nothing would solidify his legacy more than winning a premiership.

Of course there's no arbitrary value for Bennett to screw us over, that doesn't mean he won't. It's all about his ego, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he's already planning on taking TPJ & Oates with him, hence the 1 year deals. Further proof would be in the Seibold article this morning, with Bennett instructing the Rabbitohs not to register the Robert Jennings contract.

Nothing would stroke his ego more than if he was able to steal our best 2 young players from us, one final **** you to the club who "doesn't need him" anymore.

Last edited:
Anyone still think Bennett isn't playing games and shouldn't be sacked after reading that?

My respect for Wayne is no more.

Same. If he actually is the coach next year I think I’ll cancel my membership.

Let’s not forget, WB had been led to believe initially that the swap was on and then unexpectedly was told he was staying.

One week later, after a week of innuendo from all corners, he called a press conference to maintain he was staying.

Even a shitty club like the 2 dollar, Reject Shop Wests Tigers handled their coaching dramas with Ivan better than we have.

There is literally no end in sight to all this.

It won’t even end when it ends. This will be the persistent Lodge story of next season.

Last edited:
Haven't posted for a while ... not sure whether to laugh or cry over this mess, chose the former ..

Last edited:

Exactly right, Bennett has always been about success. All this bullshit about fucking clubs and everyone over is just crap. He wants a premiership hence him staying put because he thinks we have a good chance, obviously though he had thoughts of leaving because of all the pressure (media).

Exactly right, Bennett has always been about success. All this bullshit about fucking clubs and everyone over is just crap. He wants a premiership hence him staying put because he thinks we have a good chance, obviously though he had thoughts of leaving because of all the pressure (media).

If everyone involved can just admit what happened, we can move on. If The Broncos discussed swapping Wayne, they should admit it and say they changed their minds and are happy with the current arrangement. If Wayne let Souths know he was coming, and changed his mind, admit it and have done with it. The situation reeks of shit because someone seems to be lying.

Which email was that? One from WB? I didn't see that one. Can you post it. To be clear, an email from WB please. Not saying it isn't out there, I just didn't see it if it was published.
So you want seibold to produce an email from wayne bennett to the souths ceo? Because Im not sure seibold will be able to produce that. Because of you read my original message (“this is the best move SEIBOLD could have done”) you would realise thats what I said.

You are going to great lengths to try to find bennett innocent in all this, short of him coming out and confirming all of this to you in person with a handwritten apology for lying i doubt anyone could convince you. I have seen DIRECT statements denied by the pro bennett crew. I get the media lie, and they are lying often and frequently in this story, but emails and direct quotes. Really? You are actually infering that seibold is sendinv fake emails to his ceo to go along with the lie. He sent the emails to the ceo with this information in it!

If everyone involved can just admit what happened, we can move on. If The Broncos discussed swapping Wayne, they should admit it and say they changed their minds and are happy with the current arrangement. If Wayne let Souths know he was coming, and changed his mind, admit it and have done with it. The situation reeks of shit because someone seems to be lying.

Absolutely spot on assessment as far as I'm concerned.

The fucking lot of them are behaving like teenage schoolgirls catfighting in the playground.

Last edited:
I am starting to think Bennett has other motives here. Either he wants certain players to have bad thoughts of the club and Seibold or he wants those players only to be under his wing so they come with him in 20. Somethings starting to really smell off here.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.