MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
No mention of Jason Demetriou being considerd then? They must be mad in the front office. JD has shown h is capable of coaching young men with his winning track record before coming to the Broncs. teh fact he will have completed a further year under bennett and know our full squad already inside out is just an opportunity not to be missed. We maybe a chance of snaeking a GF this year, but we are pretty much odds on for 2019 and 2020 with the squad we have emerging. Even if Benny wins one between now and the end of 2019 I still say we give JD first crack at it when Benny leaves. A two year deal with an option would not harm the club as the squad we will have then would win a GF even if Brian Smith was coach.

I'm at a loss as to why there has been so little noise on here in support of Jason Demetriou. I'm sure if you ask any of the playing staff they'd confirm he's an awesome guy and a fantastic coach.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I think there is a good chance Madge is an interim coach for 2019 and Seibold gets the gig after his contract runs out. Personally I can't see that happening but the contract situation does line that up.

Untested rookies/assistants are interim coaches

No way Madge moves to Brisbane to be a 1 year stop gap solution

Also, just a quick point @Rellum your post is self-contradictory

First you say there is a 'good chance' and then you say 'you can't see it happening'

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Rookie error from Siebold really.

Every coach knows you can't be completely open to the media. They will take advantage of it.
That's what I mean though... Seibold was open with the media and although I don't think they quoted him a whole lot they clearly ignored the direct quotes he was providing them and went along with their own agenda.

He'll have learnt from this and I doubt he'll be so open moving forward.

Last edited:
Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
What more can he say? Media said Bennett sacked, we're getting one of the Souths coaches as a done deal. He addressed the bullshit.
It would clear the air if WB confirmed that he will honor the last year of his contract. Doubt that he will bcus he wants 2020 as well. So its more than likely he will move on. So who coaches us in 2019??.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
You still wouldn't be right even if you didn't count Brisbane Comp. You not knowing something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

He’s 7 out of 8 as head coach.

Fact

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
You'd make a great journo. You're literally reading into nothing, and coming up with a story.
Maybe I am Nashy. But do u honestly think that what PW said will stop the media frenzy.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Maybe I am Nashy. But do u honestly think that what PW said will stop the media frenzy.

No I don't. But I doubt it's anything to do with White, it's more likely the fact that these pissant "journos" can see the fans banging on with their own theories based on nothing, so know if they release the same bullshit, they're going to get some clicks.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Good decision. Hopefully it means we keep TPJ and the rest of the players we want to keep!

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Wrong he was head coach of Souths in 79, 84 and 85 and Raiders 87.

To say it's a fact he didn't coach Souths and the Raiders is just ignorant.

theres one person who cares about the BRL and its you.

He was co-coach of the raiders.

effectively an assistant.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.