MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
I agree, been to all of them and they are even though there are great places in all of them Paris and London especially are holes.

I hated paris the first time but after a few visits i really got to appreciate what it had to offer . And i lived in London and that to had plenty to offer . I really don't see how they can be described as holes ? Is it because ther old , cold , over populated ?

I hated paris the first time but after a few visits i really got to appreciate what it had to offer . And i lived in London and that to had plenty to offer . I really don't see how they can be described as holes ? Is it because ther old , cold , over populated ?

London really isn't a great place once you get outside the center. Kensington, Chelsea or Knightsbridge are good to visit, but the cost of living is through the roof. Look at places like Brixton, Peckham or Hackney for example, dog holes. It's where I'm from, and I can tell you for a fact the majority of London isn't that great. It's bloody expensive on top of everything else.

Paris is filthy, there is a good reason not that many people reside in it. A lot of those places are great tourist destinations, dig a little deeper into them and they just aren't livable cities. I've been to probably over 40 countries, and I'd say Brisbane is a great city to live in, not sure its a great tourist city, but places like London, Venice and Paris are.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have the captain on the panel as well to act as the players representative.

Surprised we don't have someone who acts as head of the footballing department either.

Chairman, CEO and board member, but who's representing the interests of the actual football component.

Maybe the head of football is the current coach and it would be a conflict of interest for him to sit in on his own replacement.

Really ?? San Francisco , NYC , London & Paris shit holes...

Yep, I'd rather live in central QLD than any of those (and I have). Hell, I'd borderline rather live in ADELAIDE. In NYC especially you're surrounded by some of the worst, on average, wankers on the planet and there's like 10 million of them. London is OK if you're exceedingly wealthy and can live in certain suburbs, same with San Francisco. Paris is just a dump.

EDIT: in terms of livability we're really lucky in Aus and NZ in general.

Last edited:
Maybe the head of football is the current coach and it would be a conflict of interest for him to sit in on his own replacement.
But who will the new coach answer to?? I doubt of the candidates named they will also act as the head of the footballing department... and if they are then that's a ridiculous structure for a team as big as ours

I just find it odd that Bennett had no one to answer to other than the board.

Also if he was acting as the head of the footballing department then we're not only hiring a new coach we're looking to restructure a department.

White is also good mates with Siebold and Darren played alongside Kevvie, which could be conceived as conflicts of interests.

It just seems a very small panel that will make the decision... it's like it's an after thought at the moment rather than really knuckling down and figuring out where the broncos are heading and who's the best coach to get us there.

Last edited:
But who will the new coach answer to?? I doubt of the candidates named they will also act as the head of the footballing department... and if they are then that's a ridiculous structure for a team as big as ours

I just find it odd that Bennett had no one to answer to other than the board.

Also if he was acting as the head of the footballing department then we're not only hiring a new coach we're looking to restructure a department.

White is also good mates with Siebold and Darren played alongside Kevvie, which could be conceived as conflicts of interests.

It just seems a very small panel that will make the decision... it's like it's an after thought at the moment rather than really knuckling down and figuring out where the broncos are heading and who's the best coach to get us there.

you don't need a big panel to find a new coach both Paul White and Darren Lockyer are very experienced in all things rugby league. Paul White is one of the most highly regarded sports administrators in the country. and Darren Lockyer is one of the most (if not the most) credentialed players this sport has ever seen. I am sure between them they know exactly what they are looking for in a coach

and why do we need a head of footballing department ... what exactly do they do that the head coach can't do ... they are a waste of money. it should be the coach that decides what resources (staff or otherwise) he needs to do his job. Having people forced on him by a "head of football" is only going to cause tension within the team environement

If he accepted it was time to move on perhaps he would be doing just that.

London really isn't a great place once you get outside the center. Kensington, Chelsea or Knightsbridge are good to visit, but the cost of living is through the roof. Look at places like Brixton, Peckham or Hackney for example, dog holes. It's where I'm from, and I can tell you for a fact the majority of London isn't that great. It's bloody expensive on top of everything else.

Paris is filthy, there is a good reason not that many people reside in it. A lot of those places are great tourist destinations, dig a little deeper into them and they just aren't livable cities. I've been to probably over 40 countries, and I'd say Brisbane is a great city to live in, not sure its a great tourist city, but places like London, Venice and Paris are.

Like most places there is good and bad , live ability and cost doesnt mean a place is a hole.
Not to make this a dick measuring but I've been to over 70 countries and each and everyone has it's good and bad points. Maybe it me focusing on the positives of these places , which is why im a avid traveler.

There’s over 190 mate and you’ve seen less then half - you better get on your bike and do the rest. Not a bad effort though.

Ha ha , like i said not trying to big note myself.
I know a few people into the hundreds but they devote themselves to to seeing as many as possible , imo almost imposible to see them all.

Like most places there is good and bad , live ability and cost doesnt mean a place is a hole.
Not to make this a dick measuring but I've been to over 70 countries and each and everyone has it's good and bad points. Maybe it me focusing on the positives of these places , which is why im a avid traveler.

Being a traveler, and living in a place though are two totally different things. I dont see people traveling to London and visiting Brixton, same as i dont see people travelling to South Africa and visiting Nyanga.

Just out of curiosity, where did you live in London? Its where i grew up.

There’s over 190 mate and you’ve seen less then half - you better get on your bike and do the rest. Not a bad effort though.

Its so easy to travel around Europe compared to here and its cheap to travel, which makes it very accessible and the flights generally arent long. It probably works out cheaper and quicker than driving to Bundy or somewhere similar. We regularly used to finish work on a friday and hop on a flight to Sweden or Iceland or Greece and fly back on Sunday ready for work on Monday.

Being a traveler, and living in a place though are two totally different things. I dont see people traveling to London and visiting Brixton, same as i dont see people travelling to South Africa and visiting Nyanga.

Just out of curiosity, where did you live in London? Its where i grew up.

Agree that it's completely different but even parts of Brisbane arent great and it's not cheap either.
Bayswater for a little over a year and then lived in wally range in Manchester for 2 and a half years.

Agree that it's completely different but even parts of Brisbane arent great and it's not cheap either.
Bayswater for a little over a year and then lived in wally range in Manchester for 2 and a half years.

You must have been cashed up living in Bayswater :lol:

Dont really think Brisbane is comparable to living in London tbf. London is ridiculous in terms of expense, probably why most people who work in London commute in every day. Rental prices in Leyton, where i'm from are on average about a third of the cost in Bayswater, and its only a 20 min drive away.

You must have been cashed up living in Bayswater :lol:

Dont really think Brisbane is comparable to living in London tbf. London is ridiculous in terms of expense, probably why most people who work in London commute in every day. Rental prices in Leyton, where i'm from are on average about a third of the cost in Bayswater, and its only a 20 min drive away.

Yeah not cheap hence the move to Manchester . Bayswater is a great spot though , although you can't beat our weather .

Australia's cities are going the same way as London (mainly Sydney and Melbourne). Ridiculously high immigration. Australia will probably be a pretty big hole in the future.

I’ve lived in and travelled to so many cities for most of my life and I cannot understand ho people think Melbourne is a hole unless live only lived on the west side. The east/south-east has some of the best places to live in the world in my opinion. The west/North though are indeed rubbish.

I even lived in Gellong for a few months and loved it, but I am a cyclist and riding to, on and from the Great Ocean Road is cycling heaven.

I love Brisbane but it is totally different to Melbourne. Not as many work opportunities but it is very beautiful and sill maintains that glorified country town feel.

Sydney is Sydney. The Barbour is great, Wollongong is again great for cycling and the northern beaches are nice but it doesn’t even come close to Melbourne or Brisbane. If not for the weather, Melbourne would probably be my favorite city in the world.

Incidentally, my favorite area is Florence, just stunning but I only visited, didn’t live there. Madrid and Barcelona are both those really cool and have a great vibe.

The UK is nice to visit, not to live.

I loved Vietnam but that country has a lot of issues. Ha Long Bay is one of the most beautiful places on Earth but it isn’t maintained, the water is DISGUSTING. The country is way too crowded.

Dubai is cool surprisingly but it is a desert after all.

Pyeongyang, there’s an amazingly cool city that is just pretend and messed up.

South Korea is very cool and a great place to live. Japan is amazing to visit but too expensive to live.

I loved living in the US in NYC but never felt safe.

China has some surprisingly cool cities to live in too, their scale is just unimaginable compared to Brust’s or Melbs, not even Sydney comes close. If you don’t understand the language, it can suck but if you do, it is actually a cool place to live...as long as you have a VPN. I love Shanghai, one of my favorite cities on Earth.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • MrMoore
  • whykickamoocow
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manlyman
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ettybay
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.