MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Great game by the kiwis ran it down their throat all night... completion rate was great, great intensity in defence and quick play the balls.

Lacking a little to finish the sets off but for that kiwi side to beat that Australian side is massive.

Madge just added some extra dollars to his next contract me thinks

Last edited:
Great game by the kiwis ran it down their throat all night... completion rate was great, great intensity in defence and quick play the balls.

Lacking a little to finish the sets off but for that kiwi side to beat that Australian side is massive.

Madge just added some extra dollars to his next contract me thinks

You mean that untested Aus team ?

You mean that untested Aus team ?
Yeah the same aus team that was chock full of the NSW origin team that beat qld reasonably easily.

And not to mention a kiwi team with an untested spine of DWZ, SJ, Kodi and Brandon Smith.

Stop trying to pretend that kiwi team was meant to represent any sort of challenge to that aus team.

I think it says more about Mal's poor coaching ability than anything, but the kiwis totally dominated Australia straight through the middle and that's where it was won

Yeah the same aus team that was chock full of the NSW origin team that beat qld reasonably easily.

And not to mention a kiwi team with an untested spine of DWZ, SJ, Kodi and Brandon Smith.

Stop trying to pretend that kiwi team was meant to represent any sort of challenge to that aus team.

I think it says more about Mal's poor coaching ability than anything, but the kiwis totally dominated Australia straight through the middle and that's where it was won

I'm not sure nsw did beat us reasonably easy. I reckon with just the addition of SMith for us we would have won this series.

I'm not sure nsw did beat us reasonably easy. I reckon with just the addition of SMith for us we would have won this series.
I agree but the qld team always appeared inferior to that NSW team.

What does it say for the Australian team that if you basically take away Cam and Billy they suddenly can't beat a NZ team that this time last year was tumbling out of the world cup... despite replacing them with the Dally M hooker of the year and player of the year from the premiership team.

They turned up like they were entitled to the win and were completely outclassed.

I agree but the qld team always appeared inferior to that NSW team.

What does it say for the Australian team that if you basically take away Cam and Billy they suddenly can't beat a NZ team that this time last year was tumbling out of the world cup... despite replacing them with the Dally M hooker of the year and player of the year from the premiership team.

They turned up like they were entitled to the win and were completely outclassed.

Probably says NSW arent as good as they think they are. Tbf, it was always going to be difficult to replace so many players that can dictate games as QLD have found out.

Don’t know if I agree with all of that. Great players as they were wouldn’t have made much difference.
We really had a shit hot team and so did they. Playing in front of their home crowd would have given them some advantage. Close game and a good game. Well done to the Kiwis. Mal has always been a coach that relies on his support team. Worked well in SOO and will do so internationally. But not all the time..

Probably says NSW arent as good as they think they are. Tbf, it was always going to be difficult to replace so many players that can dictate games as QLD have found out.
To me it appeared they just went through the motions and hoped it would come off until it came to the last 10mins when it was time to throw it around.

I think DCE did well in attack given the little amount of possession we had and he was basically a lone hand because Hunt looked a total passenger when he came on.

There were sets where Jake T would touch it 3 times as first receiver whilst Hunt sat on the blind side before Cherry would kick it on last.

I just don't understand the continued tactic by coaches to stick with split halves and the middles used as first receivers

The kiwis were guilty at times for having split halves, but I can't really recall the kiwi middle forwards acting as halfbacks in the same way that Jurbo and Moose were used.

But it's getting off track compared to my original point which was about the attitude and tactics incorporated by the kiwis who are currently being coached by one of the contenders for the broncos role.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the continued tactic by coaches to stick with split halves with the middles used as first receivers

It could be because there are so few genuine halfbacks left. There's Cronk, there's Pearce, there's Cleary (in the future), there's....uh...
Hmm...

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.