Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

So Hannant and Hoffman are as good as gone.

I think that's the obvious thing to come out of it, if he's looking to recruit a winger and a prop, I'd say we're losing one of each.

He can express his desire to bring Packer as much as he likes but surely the NRL won't register a contract for him.

So I just listened to the segment, he said that 2 players didn't receive texts, one was off-contract next year, one was contracted next year.

He pretty much alluded to one of them being Josh Hoffman, but he said the one that's off-contract was NOT Hannant

Who does that even leave?

Ajuma Adams
Cameron Cullen (Leaving)
Mitchell Dodds
Jordan Drew
Jon Green
Francis Molo
Darren Nicholls
Kodi Nikorima
Joe Ofahengaue
Duncan Paia'Aua (Leaving)

It wouldn't be any of the NYC players.. Green and Nicholls haven't even played a game for us.. so I guess that leaves Dodds

Haven't seen anything on here but Ivan Cleary has also expressed interest in Packer. Obviously he's made an impact on these guys for some reason.

Zero tackle are reporting that Boyd turned up at the knights awards night and told teammates his heart is in Newcastle and wants to stay

Zero tackle are reporting that Boyd turned up at the knights awards night and told teammates his heart is in Newcastle and wants to stay

Yeah, but the source of the information is unreliable.

It's Danny Weidler.

I do hope it's true, but I have my doubts.

his heart is in newcastle? lol whatever. from what ive heard he hates it there. he said that he wont be there next year already iirc.

He could've you know, changed his mind. Let's just wait and see.

Wasn't there a post about his wife buying a house in Sydney and Boyd living there?

Good Boyd can stay there, I'm not ready to give up on Barba.

Barba is a confidence player and this year he had no confidence in his ankle or playing weight. And that affected him on the field.

In 2012 Hasler had his confidence sky high, and I certainly don't think he is the only coach capable of doing that.

For all my negativity about Bennett returning, if there is one thing he has always been able to do better than most, it getting his players believing they are world beaters. If he can do that with Barba during the pre-season then he should be able to get back to something that resembles his 2012 form ... and it will be beautiful to watch, especially in a Broncos jersey

Last edited:
Newy fans will be absolutely livid.

Lose all the Mata'utia brothers, keep Boyd on 600k :laugh:

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Stix
  • Clintos
  • Mighty Bronx
  • mitch222
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • jd87
  • Midean
  • The Strapper
  • Swordfish
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Big Del
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.