Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Surely McCullough can handle the full 80 next year?!?

Why would you have hunt starting over McCullough?

More importantly why on earth would you move hunt from halfback where he has shone back to hooker which he isn't cut out for?

Ashley Taylor (even though I think will have a big future) has not played a minute of first grade, yet you want him to displace the best half we have had since locky?

I'm sorry mate but I do not understand this at all.

I don't expect you to....

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing this team next year...yes I can here everyone say why move Hunt. Taylors kicking game is superb and I believe is way better then hunt's. Just a opinion

1 Milford
2 Vidot
3 Copley
4 Hodges
5 Hoffman
6 Barba
7 A Taylor
8 Hannant
9 B Hunt
10 Parker
11 Gillett
12 Thaiday
13 McGuire

14 McCullough
15 Oates
16 Garbutt
17 Kennedy

18 Glenn
My head hurts... Some very interesting selections you've made there. Why would Hunt be moved to Hooker?? Seems silly to me. McCullough has done a decent job in the 9 this year.

I can see the reasoning behind it I guess, I'm pretty keen on Ash Taylor as well, but yeah, Hunt is obviously the better player at this stage.

I wouldn't be against maybe giving Ash some games off the bench next year, similar to what Raiders have done with Cornish.

I can see the reasoning behind it I guess, I'm pretty keen on Ash Taylor as well, but yeah, Hunt is obviously the better player at this stage.

I wouldn't be against maybe giving Ash some games off the bench next year, similar to what Raiders have done with Cornish.

Absolutely, would love to see Ash get some time off the bench next year. I just don't understand why we would move around our entire spine, in particular 2 of our best players to throw an unproven kid into the deep end.

Absolutely, would love to see Ash get some time off the bench next year. I just don't understand why we would move around our entire spine, in particular 2 of our best players to throw an unproven kid into the deep end.

As I said I don't expect anyone to like the idea but I think it is the best option for team dynamic. I believe putting a young half into a game when say 12 points down is a bad idea. (Off the bench) They chance there arm to often to make the big play to get the points. Often resulting in failure. I think Ash is ready he is now 90kg and has a reasonable frame, he isn't a little kid now. His NYC team got like 10 dropouts last week in a game his kicking is superb. Hunt is great but he is more a dangerous runner of the footy they a playmaker. Would much rather hunt score them then set them up. I know ben has been great for us this yeah, But I think ash could be superb for us next year.

I would like to see something like the team I posted at the start of season. Doesn't mean I am going to get it or get anyone to agree with me but it my opinion.

As I said I don't expect anyone to like the idea but I think it is the best option for team dynamic. I believe putting a young half into a game when say 12 points down is a bad idea. (Off the bench) They chance there arm to often to make the big play to get the points. Often resulting in failure. I think Ash is ready he is now 90kg and has a reasonable frame, he isn't a little kid now. His NYC team got like 10 dropouts last week in a game his kicking is superb. Hunt is great but he is more a dangerous runner of the footy they a playmaker. Would much rather hunt score them then set them up. I know ben has been great for us this yeah, But I think ash could be superb for us next year.

I would like to see something like the team I posted at the start of season. Doesn't mean I am going to get it or get anyone to agree with me but it my opinion.

I understand it's your opinion and that is great, it also doesn't mean we can't politely disagree.

You say Ben's best attribute is as a runner of the ball, on that we completely agree (although I also think he has great vision and a great passing game). Yet you want to diminish his best attribute by making him starting hooker.

You want to move our current, essentially 80 minute hooker into a impact role off the bench.

You want to do all this so we can harness ash's kicking game.

I would argue this would completely destroy the team dynamic.

Why is this in this thread? I like thinking outside the box and that is what rhino has done but I also think Glenn has done well enough in the middle and back end of the season to warrant a spot in the starting 17. I believe a lot of his woes, like Reed, came from the idiotic selection of the six at the start of the year.

Why is this in this thread? I like thinking outside the box and that is what rhino has done but I also think Glenn has done well enough in the middle and back end of the season to warrant a spot in the starting 17. I believe a lot of his woes, like Reed, came from the idiotic selection of the six at the start of the year.

Exactly. Look at the massive improvement in both reeds and Glenn's games since barba moved to 6

mid way through 2015/16
1. Milford
2. Hoffman
3. hodges
4. copley
5. vidot/reed
6. Ben hunt
7. Taylor
8. Kennedy
9. Macca
10. Moose
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Barba
15. Gillett
16. Hannant/Dodds/Garbutt/Wallace
17. Oates

7* Taylor is not the type of player suited to a bench 'Impact' role. Seems like the player to manage a game not have impact off the bench. that's why I have him starting. Needs to spend time in ISC prior to NRL. I'd prefer him coming on in 2016 maybe part way through the year. But it all depends on Form/injuries.

14* Barba has already been proven as a bench utility at the Bulldogs and was successful. would most likely swap for Taylor with hunt moving to 1/2.

Forwards:
Lots of combinations and not what my post is about so don't bother arguing about it.

Why did we have no half option 4 games ago and now ash is about to displace a reaching form dally m ?

This board is so bipolar.

Last edited:
Nature of a message board.

Especially when members hold such differences of opinion.

Why did we have no half option 4 games ago and now ash is about to displace a reaching form dally m ?

This board is so bipolar.
I held this opinion of Taylor before Hunt reached the current lofty heights. Taylor was injured for most of the season too...

I can't see Taylor being anywhere near the top side for at least a couple of years ... Barring major injuries or Wayne punting Barba.

Ash wasn't a half option this year. Next year at a stretch. May get a game for injury. year after he may displace Barba IMO.

Which is good, since Barba's salary apparently skyrockets in 2016.

I don't know why admin continually moves posts to larger posts that are so general you have to sift through 1000 responses to find out what you want to talk about? I mean if you wanted to discuss wayne bennet related player movements you could post in there but if you want to read about a particular player why cant that post be left open - unless as a newbie im not understanding the system?

I don't know why admin continually moves posts to larger posts that are so general you have to sift through 1000 responses to find out what you want to talk about? I mean if you wanted to discuss wayne bennet related player movements you could post in there but if you want to read about a particular player why cant that post be left open - unless as a newbie im not understanding the system?

Because we'd just clog the forum and have 20 threads about each player Bennett may or may not sign so when you open the Broncos forum all you'd see is X player might play for us, that hardly contributes to a good varied discussion. We don't do it to be annoying but we genuinely do what we can to make this place as great as it can be for all of us who use this forum. There's always going to be unpopular decisions when you're trying to cater for a majority, I appreciate that, but at the end of the day we can only try to do our best for everyone that uses this site.

I won't get into a lengthy public discussion though mate, so if you want to clarify anything at all you can always start a thread in staff chat which is private between you and all the admins or just PM any one us directly.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • broncs30
  • Socnorb
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maroon4life
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.