Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

Bennett never went two years in a row without making the finals. Let's see what he does first before we jump on.

He missed the finals in our first 2 years of existance

Oh ok, so we have signed him for $700,000 have we? wow that's a lot of money. Can you post a link please?

Stop being sarcastic, we all know that an Australian player would not be signed for less than $500 000, especially Boyd. Anyway we all know the rumours, that to fit Boyd in we would have shed a player or two.

Stop being sarcastic, we all know that an Australian player would not be signed for less than $500 000, especially Boyd. Anyway we all know the rumours, that to fit Boyd in we would have shed a player or two.

You have no idea what he would be signed for if he does sign. In either case $700,000 is a lot different than $500,000

I'll stop being sarcastic when you stop pulling figures out of your arse trying to pass them off as fact. Deal?

Chris Garry believes Boyd will sign with us and play on the wing.

Chris Garry believes Boyd will sign with us and play on the wing.

as i have said ... i can live with it, if he is on the wing and only on the wing ... if he take a spine position full time i will be majorly pissed off...

i'm not sure what figures he is asking for but i think even 500k may be too high, but who cares what they pay him ... on the proviso that is does not cost us either Hunt or Moose

Last edited:
Is this the same Chris Garry who believes our best backline features Josh Hoffman at fullback?

He's having a punt like any other member really.

Darius Boyd will play five eighth for a million dollars and will be handed the captaincy. Ooga Booga Booga.

All out wingers have major flaws in one area or another.

Besides Hoffman, but it's never going to happen.

as i have said ... i can live with it, if he is on the wing and only on the wing ... if he take a spine position full time i will be majorly pissed off...

i'm not sure what figures he is asking for but i think even 500k may be too high, but who cares what they pay him ... on the proviso that is does not cost us either Hunt or Moose

Completely agree

I think that if Boyd wants the stable environment of WB by joining a club that is already flush with players in his preferred position then the onus should be on him to accept a discount to sign on. Given his issues I can see this being a reasonable decision for him to make, just as our fullback stocks makes it more than reasonable for us to offer him less than he might otherwise get.

Boyd is a better winger than Hoffman, Maranta and Vidot.

Is a better centre than Jack Reed.

Is a better fullback than Hoffman or Barba.

You have no idea what he would be signed for if he does sign. In either case $700,000 is a lot different than $500,000

I'll stop being sarcastic when you stop pulling figures out of your arse trying to pass them off as fact. Deal?

I am not pulling these figures out of my arse, how much is on at Newcastle and how much is he rumoured (by most of the media) to be coming to the Broncos?

I think it would be $500 000 or more.

I am not pulling these figures out of my arse, how much is on at Newcastle and how much is he rumoured (by most of the media) to be coming to the Broncos?

I think it would be $500 000 or more.

Thing is you don't know what he will sign for if he does, because you won't be part of the negotiations. We could most likely negotiate a good deal as his recent form is nowhere near what it was when he signed his last contract, he wants to come to us and is desperate to get back here so he can look after his Grandmother.

You imply that negotations are simply "what were you on? ok we will match that and give you a bit more just for shits and giggles"

Boyd is a better winger than Hoffman, Maranta and Vidot.

Is a better centre than Jack Reed.

Is a better fullback than Hoffman or Barba.

I agree with point 2 but thats about it ... for a second lets assume that we sign Boyd and lose Hoffman, then by far our best option for the backline is:

1. Milford.
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Boyd
6. Barba
7. Hunt

now looking at that backline, Boyd is not better than:

Milford at fullback
Copley at center
Hodges at center
Barba at 5/8
Hunt at halfback.

therefore at full strength the only position he should play is wing ... and he is a good finisher, so wing should be his only spot. and if he wants to follow daddy again, then he should realize this (or at least be informed by Bennett that it will happen)

FTR ... that is a killer backline (but i would also be happy with Hoffman on the wing in place of Boyd (at another club))

I'd rather have Boyd and Hoffman than Hoffman and Vidot (wages aside).

I'd rather have Boyd and Hoffman than Hoffman and Vidot (wages aside).

Who wouldn't? I don't think anyone has said they'd rather Vidot over Boyd, Vidot can't finish a try to save his life.

Wayne has a lot of work to do next season. First and foremost he needs to get the best out of our players. Kennedy should have been a good signing because we needed a big prop. He should be able to dominate like the Burgess twins imo.

I'm hoping Bennett will do to Kennedy what he did to Weyman. Pre-Wayne: shit. Post-Wayne: shit. Wayne tenure: World beating test prop.

Anyone read the article on Boyd?

Guarantee you he will be back to playing his best footy next year after taking the rest of the year off to actually deal with all the issues in his life.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ethanjoker9
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Swordfish
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Browny
  • The True King
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.