Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The club will try to sign anyone Bennett wants ... subject to cap room.

Why do we think Bennett wants Packer?

Because some 10 year old on LU/Twitter started a rumour?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Why do we think Bennett wants Packer?

Because some 10 year old on LU/Twitter started a rumour?

I'm not saying he does want Packer. or that we are even interested in him, but if we are looking at him, you would think it would be on Bennetts orders, as i can't imagine the club would chase him otherwise (given what he did)

and i'm not totally against coaches getting the players they want ... especially as they live or die by the results.

just a rumour thats popped up and thought i'd share.

Last edited:
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not saying he does want Packer. or that we are even interested in him, but if we are looking at him, you would think it would be on Bennetts orders, as i can't imagine the club would chase him otherwise (given what he did)

and i'm not totally against coaches getting the players they want ... especially as they live or die by the results.

just a rumour thats popped up and thought i'd share.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to come across as if I was having a go!

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
The only way we'd be looking at Packer is if Bennett decided he's not interested in Hannant anymore.

He wants Kennedy and McGuire, and we've already signed Garbutt .....

.... how many props do we need ??

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The only way we'd be looking at Packer is if Bennett decided he's not interested in Hannant anymore.

He wants Kennedy and McGuire, and we've already signed Garbutt .....

.... how many props do we need ??

how do you know he wants McGuire ... we want McGuire, doesn't mean Bennett wants him.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
how do you know he wants McGuire ... we want McGuire, doesn't mean Bennett wants him.

Because it would be silly to not want him. There wouldn't be many teams who wouldn't take him.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I am as big a Broncs fan as anyone but if we sign Packer, I'm quitting my membership and will not support the team. Yes it's an overreaction but this guy is a grub of the lowest order and should never play league again. Some will say this is over the top and it probably is but I don't feel I'll be alone in walking.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It'll be a cold cold day in hell before I remove my support for the Broncos.....the only thing that could sway me would be a team from Ipswich

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Tonight has warmed me on Boyd

As of right now, we could slot Boyd into the right wing for Maranta and that edge would be infinitely better. Maranta might be good under the high ball 50% of the time, but that's all he knows how to do. Put open space in front of him and he runs for 10 metres then falls over himself.

Boyd might have a bad attitude but he knows how to run and he knows how to ground the fucking ball.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Tonight has warmed me on Boyd

As of right now, we could slot Boyd into the right wing for Maranta and that edge would be infinitely better. Maranta might be good under the high ball 50% of the time, but that's all he knows how to do. Put open space in front of him and he runs for 10 metres then falls over himself.

Boyd might have a bad attitude but he knows how to run and he knows how to ground the fucking ball.

The problem is Boyd won't be wing when he comes back ... as much as you may want him to be.

we all know he will get a spine position ... and that would be disastrous for us

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Meh, at this point in time we could probably put Boyd anywhere in the backline except fullback and we'd improve (Fullback has to be Milford)

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Meh, at this point in time we could probably put Boyd anywhere in the backline except fullback and we'd improve (Fullback has to be Milford)

not 6 ...

full back HAS to be Milford

5/8 HAS to be Barba

if Boyd takes either of those spots it will prove what I (and some other) have been saying and thats that Bennett does indeed play favourites. I could live with Boyd on the wing, because he is a decent finisher .. BUT THATS IT.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

not 6 ...

full back HAS to be Milford

5/8 HAS to be Barba

if Boyd takes either of those spots it will prove what I (and some other) have been saying and thats that Bennett does indeed play favourites. I could live with Boyd on the wing, because he is a decent finisher .. BUT THATS IT.

I meant back line as in like.. on either wing or in the centres, my mistake, but I agree, I wouldn't have him at Five-Eighth.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

and my greatest fear, if the safe assumption eventuates and Boyd signs with us, is that Boyd takes a spine position.

I don't even think he should play in the centers, when we are at full strength, because that means moving either Hodges or Copley, who are both better in that position than what Boyd would be.

Put him on the end of the back line to finish off the work from Hodges or Copley would be alright but otherwise .....

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

and my greatest fear, if the safe assumption eventuates and Boyd signs with us, is that Boyd takes a spine position.

I don't even think he should play in the centers, when we are at full strength, because that means moving either Hodges or Copley, who are both better in that position than what Boyd would be.

Put him on the end of the back line to finish off the work from Hodges or Copley would be alright but otherwise .....

I'm gonna be honest, Hodges hasn't really impressed me this year, in any way.. he still does the odd brilliant play, but in terms of consistently leading by example and playing well, he hasn't done so.

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012

I'm gonna be honest, Hodges hasn't really impressed me this year, in any way.. he still does the odd brilliant play, but in terms of consistently leading by example and playing well, he hasn't done so.

What games do you watch?

Without Hodges and Parker we would be close to the wooden spoon.

Hodges has done more good things than bad things year in year out for us, he is one player who will pull something out of nothing, granted his dummy half runs have become predictable but he has been brutal in defence and sets up more trys than any other Brisbane player.

Do you remember the try where he passed it between his legs recently, or the one tonight where Vidot blew it?

Seriously, get a new tv your old one does not show the same games I watch.

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014

Boyd can fill the same role as Chris Johns once did, plus provide backup at fullback. No brainer signing, in my mind. Hope his health is ok, first priority.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • BRC088
  • MasterWright
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.