WCS - St Helens vs Sydney Roosters

Nikorima looked like he was running on the treadmill there.. Didn't think he was that slow.

After a scratchy start, the Roosters have simply over-powered the Saints, racing out to a comfortable 22-0 lead.

When young Nikorima went off the field for a concussion test, it looked like it was going to be a long night for the Roosters. However, a couple of inspirational plays from their big men like Kane Evans and Taukeiaho got the Roosters on the front foot. I thought the build up painted a perfect illustration of the gap between NRL and ESL. The Saints had done very well to hold the Roosters out for four consecutive sets, but they undid that in a moment of madness from Walsh and were thwarted by a good Roosters kick and chase.

After that Nikorima returned and it's been all the Roosters.

If I had one concern for the Roosters so far, it's been the performance of Ferguson at the back. Some very anxious moments from Blake and he appears to be struggling with the intricacies.

Looks like the Roosters are going to Wallop them. Mitchell is looking extremely dangerous, I wonder why they left Burgess out.

Having to wrangle a small child simultaneously to watching so not able to watch as much as I'd like.

Roosters seem to have the class to capitalise on whatever opening they're presented with. Not sure how they're going for direction from the halves and game management though?

Bennett must be rethinking his decision to coach the English side if this is one of their best sides
roosters have way too much class up the middle
nikorima is looking really good too

Bennett must be rethinking his decision to coach the English side if this is one of their best sides
roosters have way too much class up the middle
nikorima is looking really good too

He'll have the Burgii, Widdop, Graham plus others. ESL overall have far worse club sides but can still produce players of our level. Just not as many.

Don't know if Roosters are playing really well or St Helens are atrocious. Vea best on field for Saints. oop and there is a try for St Helens.

Tell me about it.......... my boy is up to all sorts of mischief.
Wife has gone to the gym so that makes things easier. As long as he's relatively presentable upon her return...

St Helens just have no direction at the end of their sets. Feel for them a bit, hope they can bag a few tries for the sake of respectability.

I know these English teams aren't up to the standard of the NRL, but Nikorima looks the goods, doesn't he?

Also, I note the commentators are not very excitable when the Aussie team scores haha.

Nikorima is looking very nice, 3 try assists, 3 line break assists, 1 line break and a repeat set with 0 errors by my count so far.

Napa the big lump. Struggles to even dent a Super League defensive line. Martin Kennedy-esque

You can see the English commentators are really trying hard to find something positive for Saint Helens
but they are just really really shit
roosters gonna put 50 on them here

Excellent work from the commentary team. Correctly pronouncing Daniel TwoPoo.

**** the poms are soft
10 in the bin for that?

Wow. Penalty for sure, but ten in the bin? Is that par for the course in Super League?

Yep, its pretty normal for the Super league to punish players like that instead of leaving it for the judiciary. Gets it over and done with and players dont have silly little things and carry over points hanging over their heads. I think its a better system than our personally.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.