Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
St Helens vs Sydney Roosters
Langtree Park, Saturday 20 February 2016
Kick Off 6:00am (Queensland Time)

STH-16teamlist.png

2. Tom Makinson 3. Jordan Turner 5. Adam Swift 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Alex Walmsley 10. Kyle Amor 11. Atelea Vea 12. Jon Wilkin 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook 14. Lama Tasi 15. Greg Richards 16. Andre Savelio
Interchange: 17. Luke Thompson 18. Dominique Peyroux 19. Theo Fages 20. Joe Greenwood 22. Jack Owens 28. Morgan Knowles

SYD-16teamlist.png

Mitchell Aubusson, Joe Burgess, Dale Copley, Kane Evans, Blake Ferguson, Mitchell Frei, Jake Friend, Aidan Guerra, Jackson Hastings, Ian Henderson, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Vincent Leuluai, Isaac Liu, Latrell Mitchell, Sam Moa, Dylan Napa, Jayden Nikorima, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Daniel Tupou

I have no idea what to expect from St Helens.

They were absolutely smashed last week by the Salford Reds and they're missing a lot of familiar faces from last season. No Lomax, Roby & Percival makes it difficult to come up with a starting 13 and I wouldn't be surprised to see major reshuffles across the park.

Meanwhile, I'm really interested to see how the Roosters fair in 2016. While there is this feeling that they're on a downhill slope after losing Tuivasa-Sheck, Jennings and Maloney, I believe they've recruited well and have plenty of players I enjoy watching.

Here's a stab at their 17

1. Blake Ferguson
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Dale Copley
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Joe Burgess
6. Jayden Nikorima
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Sam Moa
9. Jake Friend (c)
10. Dylan Napa
11. Mitchell Aubusson
12. Aidan Guerra
13. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

14. Ian Henderson
15. Isaac Liu
16. Mitchell Frei
17. Kane Evans

2. Tom Makinson 3. Jordan Turner 5. Adam Swift 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Alex Walmsley 10. Kyle Amor 11. Atelea Vea 12. Jon Wilkin 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook 14. Lama Tasi 15. Greg Richards 16. Andre Savelio Interchange: 17. Luke Thompson 18. Dominique Peyroux 19. Theo Fages 20. Joe Greenwood 22. Jack Owens 28. Morgan Knowles

They're playing 16 a side with no Fullback? :o

The English Super League have a completely different numbering position where players are given a number at the start of the season and they retain it for the rest of the year.

The English Super League have a completely different numbering position where players are given a number at the start of the season and they retain it for the rest of the year.

Sooooo, Travis Burns is playing centre?

Sooooo, Travis Burns is playing centre?

Nah, they're just playing funny buggers.

That's their starting 13, but they've ordered it based on official squad numbers, not actual positions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Burns is playing 9 with Wilkin at 6.

Keep in mind that Burns has been on the outer and has been overlooked for Turner in recent weeks.

Sydney Roosters
1. Blake Ferguson
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Dale Copley
4. Latrell Mitchell
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Jayden Nikorima
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Kane Evans
9. Jake Friend (c)
10. Dylan Napa
11. Aidan Guerra
12. Mitchell Aubusson
24. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

13. Sam Moa
14. Isaac Liu
15. Vincent Leuluai
16. Ian Henderson

Last edited:
St. Helens
22. Jack Owens
2. Tom Makinson
3. Jordan Turner
18. Dominique Peyroux
5. Adam Swift
12. Jon Wilin
7. Luke Walsh
8. Alex Walmsley
6. Travis Burns
16. Andre Savelio
11. Atelea Vea
20. Jon Greenwood
13. Louie McCarthy-Scarbrook

10. Kyle Amor
14. Lama Tasi
17. Luke Thompson
28. Morgan Knowles

I think...

Nikorima off the field for a concussion test.

Didn't look flash.

Last edited:
Sydney couldn't convert four consecutive sets on the Saints line.

10 gone

0 all.

Evans score.

Fantastic run by Mitchell in the lead up. He bamboozled the Saints defence with his power and foot-work.

Evans followed it up with a good run that was strong enough to draw first blood.

4-0 Roosters after 16.

Can't believe I woke up this early to see how Nikorima, Copley and Frei went.. Nikorima off the field after 60 seconds with concussion, Copley hasn't touched the ball and Frei isn't even playing.

:(

Nikorima's back on the field.

A trademark Nikorima chip sets up a try for Guerra.

Jayden looking very good since coming back on.

10-0 Roosters

22 gone.

Last edited:
He looks dangerous every time he touches the ball, I wanna see the Nikorima and Mitchell combination in space.

Ferguson completes a long distance movement, initiated by Nikorima with a great ball before the line.

16-0 Roosters

27 gone.

Last edited:
Ferguson completes a long distance movement, initiated by Nikorima with a great ball before the line.

16-0 Roosters

27 gone.
Roosters romping it in. Couple of questionable passes in the lead up to that one though.

Good anticipation there from Nikorima. I'm surprised he was chased down so comfortably, but good support from Copley on the inside made it a sure thing.

22-0 Sydney

38 gone.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Socnorb
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • The True King
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Matheos
  • Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • the_next
  • GCBRONCO
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.