Webcke in Action

I've heard credible first hand accounts of heaps of players being regular users. Inclding a very big name from a certain Qld club people on this forum might support.

If AJ made it his whole career playing high yet never recording a positive reading then he's a genius mastermind, which we all know he isn't.

Immortal all day.

I just dont see how somebody who admitted to taking a drug to help his performance in games can be classed an immortal of the game, even though it was more for him to cope mentally. By definition, its a performance enhancing drug because he needed it to be at his best at times. That should be more than enough to rule him out of the equation. If he didnt admit he needed to take them at times to help him cope with footy, then i wouldnt have as big an issue with it. Other players using is irrelevant really to the argument unless they come out and confess like he did. I another player of his stature did it, then i'd be saying exactly the same about them

I'd say he more got lucky in his day with the testing not being as good or stringent as it is today, and that would go for a lot of players as well. I dont doubt plenty of others would have been taking something in his day and before that as well.

Last edited:
eh, i don't give a shit if someone took recreational drugs, doesn't detract from their onfield performance imo.

performance enhancing is another story altogether.

I've heard credible first hand accounts of heaps of players being regular users. Inclding a very big name from a certain Qld club people on this forum might support.

If AJ made it his whole career playing high yet never recording a positive reading then he's a genius mastermind, which we all know he isn't.

Immortal all day.
Every man and his dog has heard the rumours about Darryl.

Should be a Steve Renouf highlights video coming up shortly :happy::happy:

Last edited:
eh, i don't give a shit if someone took recreational drugs, doesn't detract from their onfield performance imo.

performance enhancing is another story altogether.

Wouldnt any drug that helps you perform, even if it only helps you cope mentally be classed as performance enhancing?

Wouldnt any drug that helps you perform, even if it only helps you cope mentally be classed as performance enhancing?

Then is taking a panadol when you have a headache before a game also performance enhancing?

Then is taking a panadol when you have a headache before a game also performance enhancing?

Technically, it would be I guess, but just a headache wouldn't really stop you performing at a decent level ( unless it was a migraine, then you probably wouldn't be playing anyway ). It's a bit different from one that physically enhances you or one that can help you focus and deal with pressures than may effect you mentally. You could get a pretty good player who crumbles when put under pressure ( Pearce in Origin springs to mind ). If he could have taken something to help him handle that kind of pressure, you would have a different outcome.

Technically, it would be I guess, but just a headache wouldn't really stop you performing at a decent level ( unless it was a migraine, then you probably wouldn't be playing anyway ). It's a bit different from one that physically enhances you or one that can help you focus and deal with pressures than may effect you mentally. You could get a pretty good player who crumbles when put under pressure ( Pearce in Origin springs to mind ). If he could have taken something to help him handle that kind of pressure, you would have a different outcome.
anti-depressants?

anti-depressants?

I think this is getting stretched out a bit now. Panadol, Booze and anti depressants aren't illegal and aren't prohibited by anti doping agencies ( as far as I'm aware ) for sportsmen. Recreational drugs ( amongst other things ) are, so it's an issue then. Probably should have made it clear I was talking about prohibited substances in the first place, because there can be no argument if somebody is taking something that's on the banned list they are breaking the rules.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • barker
  • Brocko
  • heartly87
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.