NEWS Wests Tigers set to pounce on Broncos star Anthony Milford: Report

+1 again for me. I believe that Milford fades out of games far too much for a player of his class, in the position that he plays. When he is completely on, he is electric, unfortunately that just does not happen enough.

I don't know why you two are making out that this is an unpopular opinion.. Does literally anyone on here disagree with the fact that Milford fades out of games too much and isn't playing to his contract value?

I don't know why you two are making out that this is an unpopular opinion.. Does literally anyone on here disagree with the fact that Milford fades out of games too much and isn't playing to his contract value?
Sorry, I didn't think I was. I was just expressing my view, which I thought we could do in a discussion forum? I don't get where you get out of what I said that I thought that this was an unpopular opinion?

Milf is fine and will be worth his contract as long as the coach gets his shit together. They looked confused in attack and defence.
Seibold needs to get his message across, no excuses this year. This is moving day for our squad and our coach over the next year.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't think I was. I was just expressing my view, which I thought we could do in a discussion forum? I don't get where you get out of what I said that I thought that this was an unpopular opinion?

Cult was, that's his entire point, that Milford doesn't get enough criticism given his price tag / experience. You said +1, so I just assumed you agreed with that. Milford gets plenty of criticism, everyone on here agrees that he needs to be better and more consistent.

actually made perfect sense

Darren Lockyer is the football god ... all he needed in the halves was someone serviceable.

IMO, the problem with Wallace started in 2012. when we needed him to be the main guy, that's not something he was capable of.

I had no problem with Lockyer... I was saying we needed some more zip to complement him. We also had Macca at 9 so we weren’t the most dangerous side.

Lockyer was always amazing

Cult was, that's his entire point, that Milford doesn't get enough criticism given his price tag / experience. You said +1, so I just assumed you agreed with that. Milford gets plenty of criticism, everyone on here agrees that he needs to be better and more consistent.
Ahhh I see, I guess I should have been more specific with my +1, I was more agreeing with his last point re Milf having an obligation to lead even if he does not have the C against his name. I agree that there has been much more outrage against Boyd, but much of it is arguably justified.

Why is there no reaction to the example of Milford not trying though? This is my entire point. There’s more outrage at the thought of Boyd not trying than the thought of Milford not trying even though both of the situations are made up. Million dollar players still need to lead, even without the c next to their name.

Probably for two reasons.

1. As a captain, more is expected of you. If you don't deliver, you will cop more criticism. It's the same in any profession. That's just the way it is.
2. Milford tries harder than Boyd. A lot more than what people are making out.

Besides, Milford has copped PLENTY on here over the years about his attitude and effort level.

Probably for two reasons.

1. As a captain, more is expected of you. If you don't deliver, you will cop more criticism. It's the same in any profession. That's just the way it is.
2. Milford tries harder than Boyd. A lot more than what people are making out.

Besides, Milford has copped PLENTY on here over the years about his attitude and effort level.
But neither were real situations. Boyd has over a decade of trying behind him. Milford has 4 years or so of trying sometimes. Also he's wasting his peak physical years by eating terribly. They both try, one of them just went the extra mile throughout his career and is winding down. What was Boyd doing at 25?

But neither were real situations. Boyd has over a decade of trying behind him. Milford has 4 years or so of trying sometimes. Also he's wasting his peak physical years by eating terribly. They both try, one of them just went the extra mile throughout his career and is winding down. What was Boyd doing at 25?

Well, that's 2012 where he was really disappointing in his first season at Newcastle. In fact it's easy to write off his entire tenure at the Knights as a disappointment given how it ended up.

I think you make a valid point but Darius has always had his critics dating back to his junior days and sport is very much a 'what have you done for me lately' occupation. Unfortunately for Darius, despite having the odd good performance here and there, ever since he played his last Origin game he's clearly at the end of his rope.

With Milford, it's dawning on fans that hes struggling to live up to his pay cheque, but he's still capable of coming up with big plays like he showed against the Roosters, Sea Eagles, Warriors and the like.

There's a lot of hyperbole on this forum, but it's par the course of any sporting forum. There's people on here who will try to convince you Darius played awful the entire season when I reckon he had at least half a dozen good performances to go along with his solid efforts. The issue is that in order to be a premiership contender, you need players capable of delivering 'excellent' performances and Darbs just doesn't have that in him anymore.

Well, that's 2012 where he was really disappointing in his first season at Newcastle. In fact it's easy to write off his entire tenure at the Knights as a disappointment given how it ended up.

I think you make a valid point but Darius has always had his critics dating back to his junior days and sport is very much a 'what have you done for me lately' occupation. Unfortunately for Darius, despite having the odd good performance here and there, ever since he played his last Origin game he's clearly at the end of his rope.

With Milford, it's dawning on fans that hes struggling to live up to his pay cheque, but he's still capable of coming up with big plays like he showed against the Roosters, Sea Eagles, Warriors and the like.

There's a lot of hyperbole on this forum, but it's par the course of any sporting forum. There's people on here who will try to convince you Darius played awful the entire season when I reckon he had at least half a dozen good performances to go along with his solid efforts. The issue is that in order to be a premiership contender, you need players capable of delivering 'excellent' performances and Darbs just doesn't have that in him anymore.

I think Boyd at Newcastle was probably at his worst in terms of his mental state which wouldn't have helped him on the field.

Yeah that's my take as well. You need your captain really being amongst the 3 best players in your team and unfortunately that's not him, but worse than that it's not Milford either. Generally it's been Haas and daylight, followed by glenn and lodge.
Haas is too, young (suspensions and a few other things have shown that), lodge is too polarising for the public, which leaves Glenn.
In a year or two, it will be someone else but for now, it has to be Glenn. He is everything you need in a captain buy one thing, he's approaching his twilight years.
It may mean he goes like Boyd (it could happen in round 1), but like it or not there is really no one as qualified. After all he has been the broncos youngest captain.

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • Scorchie
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • DrGee
  • Astro
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • mrtij
  • Aldo
  • Redfern_1980
  • Alec
  • RodF
  • Purple Pills
  • bazza
  • UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • OnToSomething
  • Battler
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.