NEWS Wests Tigers set to pounce on Broncos star Anthony Milford: Report

Point of trivia: Haas' last three games include the Broncos biggest loss of all time and the first time Australia has been beaten by a second tier international team.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
And for Toms sake (When are we going to bring back the block feature @Nashy)

Those players all had no other option. Rabbitohs players were hyping Furner as their attacking coach throughout the year. Burgess saying how much they've changed since he left. He was a guest at Cook's wedding in 2018 but he pissed off a lot of the Rabbitohs players with his comments this year. They were also pissed about him leaving. Even with such a tight friendship he couldn't sign Cook, despite Cook admitting they had spoken about it in the off season he signed (Surely he knew about our cap at this point?)

"I had a really good relationship with Seibs while he was here and we did some really good things. When you move footy teams as well you lose connection with a lot of the guys you were mates with as well. You don't have time to get back to that sometimes." They aren't even friends anymore by the way. His mates were quick to jump on the Bennett wagon when it was Seibold VS Bennett throughout the year. As for the Manly and Storm connections, how is it benefiting us? We get a few discarded players who don't have any options at other clubs? Yay
All conjecture based on media articles. You are only guessing about his relationships with players. The players he has moved on were all good decisions. The players he has brought in have done the job. He is still hamstrung by the cap mess of the administration and Bennetts doing.

Good cheap signings or average, basically worthless signings who had no other options?
Good cheap signings who have done their job. Who cares about what options they had at the time. All good value. All the players we have moved on have been good decisions too. When you inherit a cap mess this is about as much as you can do.

No doubt having a stronger spine would help Milf tremendously. Completely agree with that. Unfortunately that could never excuse his complete lack of urgency in his play or just general lack of effort. These things seem to be ingrained in Milfs approach to his footy and we have had a reasonable sample size to confirm it.

As I have said before, he could be the best player in the game he seems determined to never actually fulfil his potential.
Honestly that's bullshit. When he was in the halves it was often him running back to pick up grubbers, it's him trying to make a last ditch tackle attempt etc. He showed a lot more urgency than most of our team i think.

I actually don't get the lack or urgency and effort stuff at all. Like genuinely so many times he was the one diving on a loose ball or whatever.

Milford isn’t the problem. He’s amazingly talented. He just needs a better spine around him and a more simplified and defined role.

if Milf played 5/8th for storm, roosters, rabbits or Canberra he’d be as good or better than any if their 5/8ths.

we need an experienced dame controlling halfback and an X factor fullback.
Exactly this. If he was at any of those teams, he is the Qld and Australian 5/8 and probably a top 5 player in the comp.

100% we can have the conversation next year
I don't think we need many / anyone really moving forward. At the moment we are clearly a bit stuffed with our cap. But next year could be different.

Assuming we are able to get Boyd / Macca off the cap at the end of 2020, most of that money will likely go to renewing Fifita / Staggs etc. If Bird is gone, that will give us some money to play with.

But really, by 2021, an Isaako, Milford, Dearden and Turpin spine could look really good. We obviously have a top tier forward pack, and people like Staggs, and younger players Coates, Farnsworth, Arthars etc could all develop well over the next 12 months.

At the moment, there aren't many players that I'd throw money at, even less players that would realistically come here. I don't see any value in Ponga. 2020 will show keary's true talent, we won't get Tom turbo. Potentially the only player that could potentially be interested in a move might be RTS if he wants to go back to Australia.

So it don't think we can judge on who he brings in too much. But so far, he's done a good job of retaining people. I mean, if we had Tedesco at fullback, or DCE at halfback in 2020, we'd have a shot at winning the comp. We could have one of those players if Boyd and Macca fucked off (money wise). We are only missing a piece or two. Just very important pieces.

Here's my shitty two cents worth. Milford is okay, nothing special. Top dollar for me is 400k, honestly. Yes he has potential but he hasn't delivered. When we had Langer, Walters, Lockyer, and some lesser lights who could match those three on the odd occasion we were in virtually every match. I've witnessed matches over the last few years where we simply were never in the game. Milford doesn't seem to possess the metal. That's what you pay a million dollars to obtain. Bird has more metal and desire in his finger than Millionford has in his entirety. I would not even start Millionford next year, he'd be in ISC until he was earning man of the match every damn game. I'd encourage him to look elsewhere for 2020 just so he's aware how much he's really worth. It just might make the bludger wake up.

No, I haven't forgotten his best efforts but for a million bucks I expect them every 1 to 2 weeks not twice a fucking year.

10000% agree with this statement
You want to earn a mill a year you give 8 out of 10 performances week in week out
And those saying he needs better players around him, uh hello, he is paid to be the best player in the team. Great players elevate the talent around them. Look at locky, Johns, Thurston, smith etc. They all turned complete numpties into stars and carried them. He doesn’t elevate talent around him what so ever. He has zero leadership qualities. If he was serious about his footy he would be captain of the team already but he isn’t cause he still hasn’t grown up. It’s time to move on from him and get a player who is serious about the game every week. Give a mill a year to a person that actually shows true leadership skills and gives you 100% every week and not once a month

You want to earn a mill a year you give 8 out of 10 performances week in week out
And those saying he needs better players around him, uh hello, he is paid to be the best player in the team. Great players elevate the talent around them. Look at locky, Johns, Thurston, smith etc. They all turned complete numpties into stars and carried them. He doesn’t elevate talent around him what so ever. He has zero leadership qualities. If he was serious about his footy he would be captain of the team already but he isn’t cause he still hasn’t grown up. It’s time to move on from him and get a player who is serious about the game every week. Give a mill a year to a person that actually shows true leadership skills and gives you 100% every week and not once a month

Bird at his best isn’t worth a mill, punt him before Milf.

I acknowledge there are others in the process, but I'll always give the lion's share of the blame\credit to the headcoach. Every other club does, apart from Roosters who can thank Politis. And yeah as I said earlier today Payne's contract worries me if the reported figure is true, he needs an upgrade asap.
He doesn’t need an upgrade ASAP, he signed a multi million dollar contract after 5 minutes of NRL football then got a season ending injury, it was a risk by the Broncos at the time.

He’ll get his payday when it’s due.

Bird at his best isn’t worth a mill, punt him before Milf.
Tenor

Milford has been a huge case of What could be but never happens.

Plus his head is elsewhere, bet he comes back to training a chubby mess in the pre season as well, save our selves years of headaches and give him to the tigers with a fat bow attached with don't return to sender.

Last edited:
What ever career Milford will or won't have we are wasting it here. Milford has the potential to be a very good player, not an immortal or anything but very good. If he goes to another team he will do very well and will be one of those players that we lament losing.

If he goes he will be top 3 in his position and the reason for that is no other team will set him up to fail like we have. He will go somewhere else and play either 6 or 1 in an adequate spine, it doesn't even need to be great and he will thrive there. I'm sick of hearing about how he isn't worth this or that and he owes the club, this shit stain of an administration owe him. They have set him up to fail and in turn lead to the vitriol he cops and most likely cost him rep jerseys etc.

I don't know what it will take for the greater public to realise what a shambles the White/Morris era has been but maybe Milford going to a decent club and playing to his potential will shine some light on it.

How does one elevate Boyd and Macca with the shitty game plan they force on the team, a game plan based on nothing but forwards carting it up, again mostly because the spine is spaghetti?

The amount of money you are paid doesn't have any impact on potential or ability, players are paid that money because the market dictates it. If the club were stupid or desperate enough to give him that money is on them not Milford. A club with half a brain wouldn't have given him any more money than would allow them to put an at least adequate, complimentary halves partner with him so he at least had the opportunity to live up to the price tag.

As to your examples of Thurston, Johns and Locky these are exceptional, elite of the elite players. Players with ingrained talent that may never be seen again. Even given how good they were they still needed and were given adequate, complimentary halves partners. I don't care what your thoughts are on Milford but you cannot say that he has had that. The one time he did in Hunt (prior to his complete meltdown) we made the grand final and Milford was one of the best players in the game.

Last edited:
Honestly that's bullshit. When he was in the halves it was often him running back to pick up grubbers, it's him trying to make a last ditch tackle attempt etc. He showed a lot more urgency than most of our team i think.

I actually don't get the lack or urgency and effort stuff at all. Like genuinely so many times he was the one diving on a loose ball or whatever.

Actually on the defensive end I would tend to agree with you. He is small but he is definitely putting in. It's mainly in attack that I am talking about.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • jd87
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncoFan94
  • Financeguy
  • Mister Wright
  • Dash
  • Lurker
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.