What can we say at the moment?

Coxy said:
SSS said:
Coxy said:
Time for the Broncos players to harden the **** up.

Time for the Broncos Fans to harden the **** up.

:roll:

I forgot, because we're fans we're not allowed to criticise....

No not at all, As a fan i subscribe to the fact that we pay for the right to cheer when we are winning and whinge when we are not.

What you really meant was that your allowed to criticise but I'm not allowed to criticize YOU?

Seriously if we had a great squad and we only had two wins, bag the shyte out of them but we have a young squad, that was tipped by many to win the spoon, and on top of that we have been smashed in the injury stakes. Young players assures that there will be inconsistent performances, injuries that force weekly team changes produces inconsistent performances. Well bugger me dead "WE HAVE BEEN INCONSISTENT" It's a real shame that players and coaches are being bagged out by their fans especially when their desire and pride to play is being questioned...without a scrap of evidence...all under the charade of your right to criticise. In two years time when we are reaping the benefits of this mass blooding of young talent...I hope you remember your unwarranted criticism that served only to put extra pressure on young kids that certainly could do without it.

The evidence to criticise is right there on the playing field each week.

Have you seen us defend this year? Of course questions need to be asked about the desire of some players. I don't care how young they are, they need to get their attitude sorted.

Huge. said:
I agree wholeheartedly with your post. Without exception. icon_thumbs_u My observation is not about blame but about the telltales ,the signs that the harmony, the joy at being a Bronco are missing. Bennett leaving was blow from which we have not recovered. It's like the very spirit of the joint has been whisked away. When I see St George it looks, feels and bristles with bronco like camaraderie and enthusiasm. St George look like they've been infused with spirit. It comes through on TV, in interviews and on footy show appearances, everywhere St George and it's fans are pumping. They look like they've been given purpose.

Henjak must persist and players owe their best effort.

That post is absolutely spot on, well written and explains everything about the current state of things.
This is what I've been feeling all year so far, and even last year. There is no joy being a Bronco, no spirit and no enthusiasm in our club. It feels like the players are there JUST for the money, where as in the past, I felt they were there for the money, but also they just LOVED being in and around the club, loved training, and loved getting coached by Bennett and playing for him and the rest of their team mates.

Henjak is not solely to blame, and neither are the players. They both should take the blame respectfully. The players need to take their fingers out their ass and start playing to their potential, and Mr. Henjak really needs to get these young boys motivated and enthusiastic about playing each game.

ningnangnong said:

Have you seen us defend this year? Of course questions need to be asked about the desire of some players. I don't care how young they are, they need to get their attitude sorted.

I've seen every game yes, our ability to wrap up the ball is not new for this year nor is it only been around from the start of Henjak coaching us....it actually was evident in 2006 when we won the title?

If you can't understand that youth will always be inconsistent...then i understand how your simple mind automatically see's our inconsistencies as a lack of desire.

Fair go the kids are busting their guts, we started behind the 8-ball due to Bruno's recruitment blunders, we have done nothing but watched our players get busted and broken in each game so far this year...and now we have our so called supporters bagging out the players and coach coz we don't like to lose. Maybe you should check your attitude? the attitude that has you demanding great results from a bunch of rookies.

SSS said:
Coxy said:
SSS said:
Coxy said:

No not at all, As a fan i subscribe to the fact that we pay for the right to cheer when we are winning and whinge when we are not.

What you really meant was that your allowed to criticise but I'm not allowed to criticize YOU?

Seriously if we had a great squad and we only had two wins, bag the shyte out of them but we have a young squad, that was tipped by many to win the spoon, and on top of that we have been smashed in the injury stakes. Young players assures that there will be inconsistent performances, injuries that force weekly team changes produces inconsistent performances. Well bugger me dead "WE HAVE BEEN INCONSISTENT" It's a real shame that players and coaches are being bagged out by their fans especially when their desire and pride to play is being questioned...without a scrap of evidence...all under the charade of your right to criticise. In two years time when we are reaping the benefits of this mass blooding of young talent...I hope you remember your unwarranted criticism that served only to put extra pressure on young kids that certainly could do without it.

Evidence:
1. Total capitulation in the second half against the Warriors
2. Utter garbage we served up against Canberra
3. Complete lack of energy shown against Newcastle despite leading 22-12 at half time
4. Complete inability to maintain pressure on a team to get out of their own end

None of the above is ability related. It's entirely attitude. There is a distinct lack of effort being shown in most games (the only exception, IMO, is the Dragons game where they were completely and totally outclassed on paper but yet were competitive for the full 80 minutes).

The Storm and Titans games coming up will be absolute carnage unless they flick the switch and start putting their bodies on the line. At the moment, apart from the back row, nobody is doing that.

Coxy said:
SSS said:
Coxy said:
SSS said:
Coxy said:

Evidence:
1. Total capitulation in the second half against the Warriors
2. Utter garbage we served up against Canberra
3. Complete lack of energy shown against Newcastle despite leading 22-12 at half time
4. Complete inability to maintain pressure on a team to get out of their own end

None of the above is ability related. It's entirely attitude. There is a distinct lack of effort being shown in most games (the only exception, IMO, is the Dragons game where they were completely and totally outclassed on paper but yet were competitive for the full 80 minutes).

The Storm and Titans games coming up will be absolute carnage unless they flick the switch and start putting their bodies on the line. At the moment, apart from the back row, nobody is doing that.

I hear what you are saying, and I do not disregard how painful it is to watch your team getting beaten so often, throwing away good leads and simply being off the pace. I'm just not willing to subscribe to your theory that it is an attitude or desire problem...I see a young side simply outclassed being led by a couple of genuine superstars that are trying to hard.

SSS said:
ningnangnong said:

I've seen every game yes, our ability to wrap up the ball is not new for this year nor is it only been around from the start of Henjak coaching us....it actually was evident in 2006 when we won the title?

If you can't understand that youth will always be inconsistent...then i understand how your simple mind automatically see's our inconsistencies as a lack of desire.

Fair go the kids are busting their guts, we started behind the 8-ball due to Bruno's recruitment blunders, we have done nothing but watched our players get busted and broken in each game so far this year...and now we have our so called supporters bagging out the players and coach coz we don't like to lose. Maybe you should check your attitude? the attitude that has you demanding great results from a bunch of rookies.

Haha, my simple mind?

Sorry, but you are hilarious.

The problems we have runs a bit deeper than having 'youngsters' in the team. We are failing with the fundamentals of the game. I'm not going to pretend everything is all hunky dory, these guys need to get their arse into gear.

But I guess I am not a true supporter because I am being critical. :roll:

Young this, young that. That's not an excuse, and I doubt that's the problem. Coxy is right, something more is going on than just a young team. You can see the lack of desire in the guys when they are on the field.

C'mon boys, we all want what's best for the Broncos, we are all in this together, and we all have an opinion on what is wrong and what isn't wrong.

We are all frustrated and upset with what's happening in season 2010, but we can't lose faith, these boys will come good soon, we have got to believe that.

Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:
iirc there have been talks about divisions in the team since at LEAST 2008, while bennett was the coach. there was the whole Hunt and Hodges and the other darker skinned guys being one little posse thing.

we won the premiership in 2006. there were 2 more seasons with Bennett after that, remember?

That posse existed long before 2008. The Hunt and Hodges duo in particular was causing constenation with management as early as 2005.

Out of curiosity - can you shed a bit more light on this one?

I just thought they were best mates? Why would management worry about two players being good mates?

Surely the divisions wouldn't be based on that?

They were best mates and a disruptive influence on others. They basically used to separate them at training - kind of like what you do with kindergarten children who when they are together just play up and don't follow instruction.

Flutterby said:
They were best mates and a disruptive influence on others. They basically used to separate them at training - kind of like what you do with kindergarten children who when they are together just play up and don't follow instruction.

ohhhhhh right - that makes sense.

Time and place I suppose - they probably should have picked the time and place.

TBH I'm surprised this was the case under WB... surely he would have been able to keep those 2 in order... I'm sure they both have huge respect for the man.

if you go to the nrl site and expand the ladder you can change the order to decending its really cool because we are now coming second. This has been the hightlight of my year so far

rod78 said:
if you go to the nrl site and expand the ladder you can change the order to decending its really cool because we are now coming second. This has been the hightlight of my year so far
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Let's hope we can hold on to Norman, Hunt, McCullough & Wallace for a few years, those blokes really could be the nucleus for lots and lots of points. Nor sure how they'll fit into the line up over the coming years, but with three of them on the field and one on the bench it really is mouth watering. If we can build a solid backline and forwards around that quartet it could be promising.

Well guys, what is there to say after THAT performance, today?!

We belted the Storm, gave them a real good hiding.
I wonder what our completion rate was? It has to be somewhere above 85%?
Our defense was rock solid, we stood firm and played as a TEAM.

Very happy about this win, but can we be consistent and play like that for the remainder of season 2010?

Dee said:
Well guys, what is there to say after THAT performance, today?!

We belted the Storm, gave them a real good hiding.
I wonder what our completion rate was? It has to be somewhere above 85%?
Our defense was rock solid, we stood firm and played as a TEAM.

Very happy about this win, but can we be consistent and play like that for the remainder of season 2010?

our completion rate was 30/36 thats around the 83% mark which is really good.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • LittleDavey
  • Pablo
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.