What Do You Make of it?

• Thread starter Raw Boned Youngster
  • Start date
Flutterby said:
I think his theory being that we as Australian's don't like to see people too successful, we like to tear them down when they get to the top. People have kind of let him do his own thing at the Dragons thus far - IMO in part cause they want to see if he will indeed fail outside of the one-team-town - but now he is proving to be very successful and they can't throw the usual "it's easy when you're coaching a team full of rep stars " (conveniently forgetting most of them weren't rep players before he coached them) or "it's easy in Brisbane, when there's no other RL competition" blah blah blah. So they will try and create a situation that makes things harder for him. Of course RBY likely has some more specifics from his tea leaves [icon_razz1
The Dragons have been the biggest under-performing team for the last 5-6 years. With their line-up, they should've had at least 2-3 premierships. The problem was that they couldn't keep the same team for more than a week or 2 due to injuries/suspensions. It was just a matter of time before they did though, and that time has been this season. Wayne Bennett didn't just step in and make them a premiership contender - the groundwork was there before he even signed a contract with them. People just tend to forget that though, as they want to herald Bennett as their saviour.

You can't deny that Bennett brings an aura with him that makes players believe in what they're told and so they band together and play with solidarity.

That's been where Brown has failed with the Dragons in the past.

wow, anyone else feel like hanging themselves after reading this? Hold on tight guys, we might be in for a rough few months.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
Wait and see Flutter.
Hey Ning, have you heard the rumours sweeping Newie and the Hunter Valley about the Johns Boys coaching the Knights next year, with Chef ( he owns a restaurant ) Harragon involved as well?

Hadn't heard that mate, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I reckon it would be a decent move for the Knights, both the brothers do know a fair bit about the game.

ningnangnong said:
I reckon it would be a decent move for the Knights, both the brothers do know a fair bit about the game.
Can you imagine their team bonding days!? Crack and sluts for everyone!

Anonymous person said:
ningnangnong said:
Can you imagine their team bonding days!? Crack and sluts for everyone!

Lol.

ningnangnong said:
Raw Boned Youngster said:
Wait and see Flutter.
Hey Ning, have you heard the rumours sweeping Newie and the Hunter Valley about the Johns Boys coaching the Knights next year, with Chef ( he owns a restaurant ) Harragon involved as well?

Hadn't heard that mate, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

And they're all well respected by the young blokes there. As long as they allow the team to grow and continue to guide it on the path Smith has put it on, they'd do well.

Webcke said:
wow, anyone else feel like hanging themselves after reading this? Hold on tight guys, we might be in for a rough few months.

Actually no - it's just footy.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Dash
  • RolledOates
  • BroncsNBundy
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.