What happened to O'Meley?

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Just a quick one -

Whatever happened to Shrek? In the 'Monster pack' Dogs days he used to be this nut who wanted to get out there and just kill people - he's the biggest pussy now - did he have some sort of injury? Or is he just past his prime and just one of those players who never reach that same level again? (i.e. Wesser)

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
I think him moving to the chooks and playing alongside Mason may have contributed...

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
^
Not sure, doesn't seem like the old Shrek. Ah well, who cares really I suppose, just something I noticed at the chooks vs Broncs game.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
He's never been good. He just LOOKS like a tough guy...he's always been a soft spanner.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxyz said:
He's never been good. He just LOOKS like a tough guy...he's always been a soft spanner.

I think we're a bit harsh on Shrek. All he needs is a good hair dresser, like say, Anasta.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Agreed that he isn't that good, he doesn't seem to adapt to the changing nature of the game. Look at the last 5-10 years great props, they all had the ability to change with the way the game itself was changing. O'Meley still has that 1-out bash and barge dominant in his game; defences these days will hammer you. Look at the successful props these days, most can offload, have good (light) footwork, aren't too heavy, can play more minutes, can pass both before and at the line etc.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
To me he has become a chq book player. He turns up does what he has to but looks like he couldn't care less if the team loses.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.