What Is Your Favourite Corey Parker Memory?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
With 299 games to pick from, Corey Parker has definitely enjoyed a wonderful career in the code.

So to celebrate this magnificent milestone, I thought I'd turn it to you guys and discuss some of our favourite memories of 'Cozza'.

As far as his career goes making the Queensland side, well deserved for a player who keeps getting better like a fine wine. On the field, it's every game he goes out there, you know his going to be there week in and week out. Individual brilliance his inside flick pass to Hayne going in to score playing for Australia. Lockyer is our greatest Bronco by far, but Parker well deserves his name up there in the exclusive 300 club as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
When he milked a chicken wing and winked at his team-mates.

As great as he's been for Broncos, his performances for QLD have been even better. His offloads got us out of trouble or a rut multiple times.

For the Broncos...we'll we know what he's known for, so how about what he isn't known for. Anyone remember "Corey El Parker"?

As great as he's been for Broncos, his performances for QLD have been even better. His offloads got us out of trouble or a rut multiple times.

For the Broncos...we'll we know what he's known for, so how about what he isn't known for. Anyone remember "Corey El Parker"?

"Took the stuffing out of the Bulldogs fans". Oh Vossy, never change.

Some of my favourite memories

- The flick pass against the USA

- Just him playing each week giving his all for the team he dies for

- His 2013 season was unbelievable in a team that finished 12th

- His return to representative football. He showed great dedication and years of good form to make it now he is a permanent member of Australia/QLD.

- Playing in the 2006 Grand Final

When I met him and got to bask in the glow. It was glorious

617900.jpg

It's difficult to pick one game isn't it? I'm struggling because forwards don't tend to be too flashy so I'm going to go with Round 1 2008.

Didn't know what to expect going into that game with Lockyer coming back from a knee reco and a make-shift halves pairing of Stagg/Wallace but the boys really stood up. However, I'd dare say the best player on the park was Corey. In true Cozza fashion he got through a bunch of work, made some nice runs through the middle and didn't miss a single goal despite taking 10 attempts.

Really thought he was going to have a mammoth season that year but unfortunately he got injured in the same game and never replicated that sort of form again that season.

Fortunately he would a few years later.

Think it's a testament to his run that he's the only player in the modern side to push into the GOAT starting XIII.

When he missed a tackle off the scrum on Matty Bowen and Mango scored under the posts. Cheers for that one Corey.

Some of my favourite memories

- The flick pass against the USA

- Just him playing each week giving his all for the team he dies for

- His 2013 season was unbelievable in a team that finished 12th

- His return to representative football. He showed great dedication and years of good form to make it now he is a permanent member of Australia/QLD.

- Playing in the 2006 Grand Final

Forgot that one. The comment after the game was just as good. "I think I'll just put that one back in the kit bag".

Captaining the boys to a big win over manly last year.

Last edited:
When he landed on his bald head against the Raiders in about 2002. Hard to believe he got up from that one.

When he landed on his bald head against the Raiders in about 2002. Hard to believe he got up from that one.

I've asked several friends about that but no one's ever remembered it and thought my memory was screwed up..I recall him going in for a tackle and somehow getting flipped over the guy's back and landing square on the top of his head.

That flick pass and the dumbfounded stare at the camera with the charged down penalty are the 2 that come to mind.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • bert_lifts
  • MrMoore
  • lynx000
  • Muros
  • GCBRONCO
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncorob
  • Battler
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.