3. Dearden
4. Farnworth
5. Staggs
6. Niu
7. Coates
8. TPJ
9. Carrigan

The rest, cya.

I'd be keeping TPJ. He made the most mistakes - often because he was pushing the ball in slippery conditions - but he was also our best. He looks like he wants to win, and that's the kind of player I want. Actually, I want 17 of him, plus Fifita and Haas.
I love TPJ. I love his aggression and his ball skills and the fact that he is passionate. But he is becoming a liability as he is unable to control that aggression to the point of being over the top. One wonders what is going on that head of his sometimes. It's only a matter of time before he gets in serious trouble again. Not having Bennett in his ear has severely affected his career prospects.

Carrigan and Fifita. Get rid of anyone from south of the border and build us back up with Queenslanders.
Absolutely. Been saying this for years. Predomonantly Qlders and be very selective on any NSW recruit.

I'd give TPJ a little time to see if we can turn him from a liability to a weapon

and i'd really like to see Bird given an extended run a fullback. hopefully we can keepp him on the field

1. Bird
2. Coates
3. Niu
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
6. ???
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. ???
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. ???
15. ???
16. ???
17. ???

Carrigan and Fifita. Get rid of anyone from south of the border and build us back up with Queenslanders.
Let's all drink to that!

Screen Shot 2020 04 22 at 120446 pm

There might be something in that. I've never cared about a player's origins just as long as they did their job. But when Trent Robinson was commenting on Lindsay Collin's massive game against the Broncos , he said "He's a Queenslander so he's got that bit extra about him, he works incredibly hard on his game". You need "a bit extra" to win competitions in the NRL. You can't add that if you are not even playing at the level required to be any sniff of contending.

There are a handful of must keeps only:

In order:
Fifita
Haas
Staggs
Coates
Farnsworth

The rest can go. I love Bird as a player, but you can’t have an injury prone player taking up that much of your salary cap. If he was on less money and less injury prone he’d be a must keep.

I love TPJ. I love his aggression and his ball skills and the fact that he is passionate. But he is becoming a liability as he is unable to control that aggression to the point of being over the top. One wonders what is going on that head of his sometimes. It's only a matter of time before he gets in serious trouble again. Not having Bennett in his ear has severely affected his career prospects.

Very little, I suspect...

Last edited:
Haas can stay. We have history (Lazarus) with having the best Prop in NSW on our books.

In Chris Johns and De Vere we also have a proud history of NSW born Centres too, so Staggs can maybe have a lifeline as well.

No. Dirty NSW mongrels can bugger off as well.

Haas, Fifita, Carrigan & Staggs are the only ones I'd consider must-keeps. Literally couldn't care less if we released the other 26 players and started fresh next year.

I'd add Coates, Farnworth, Dearden to the list and I still haven't given up on TPJ or Flegler.

Honestly, this is who are must keeps.

Haas
Fifita
Carrigan

The rest? I wouldn't mind if they all departed the club. We can build an entirely new team and culture around those 3.

I don't see the hype in Carrigan. Bit of a work horse but none of our forwards run hard consistently. We always get the ball flat and seem to slow down for impact at the line.

I'd give TPJ a little time to see if we can turn him from a liability to a weapon

and i'd really like to see Bird given an extended run a fullback. hopefully we can keepp him on the field

Insert my edits to your side ...

1. Bird
2. Coates
3.Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Niu
6. ???
7. Dearden
8. Lodge - he has a lot to prove to be a must have.
9. ???
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ - see Lodge
13. Carrigan

14. ???
15. ???
16. ???
17. ???

Farnworth and Staggs would make an absolutely killer centre pairing. We should aim for that although I still reckon Herbie at the back is a great option.

As for Bird at FB, definitely however his body doesn't look suited for NRL based on the injuries he has had. A must have for sure at this stage

Last edited:
Arguably one of Queensland’s most villainous examples.

He's in there with Hanson, Roberts, Dutton and Palmer, and that is just the A-grade cuntwobblers.

I'll have a go

Keepers:
Haas (obvious)
Fifita (long term strike weapon in the back row)
Carrigan (our solid hardworking middle... he also does have a handy pass on him (go watch rounds 1 & 2 again), but the lack of momentum in the middle is currently hindering that)
Staggs (long term strike weapon in the centers... also our halves fill in if injury occurs)
Herbie (long term backline player... decision needs to be made where they want to play him though wing, center or fullback all look possible though)

Decisions to be made:
- TPJ (where are they intending to play him? I don't think his defence is good enough on the edge at this stage to counteract his attacking game... looks more suited to the middle in defence, but we might be starting to get a log jam in there)
- Isaako (what's the long term plan for him with Herbie, Coates, Staggs & Niu... can he still fit on the wing or can he be a long term center moving forward?)
- Oates (he is not and never has been a winger... total lack of agility. So the club need to make a decision on how he will fit in the forward pack in the long run)

Cull as soon as possible:
- Boyd (just **** him off already)
- Bird (is still an asset for those down in Sydney and looks like he would only be fitting into this team at left center, which is not value for money... youth coming through may have those spots locked up by the end of the year though. If he can find a contract for next year let him move on)
- Macca (has been replaced in the team by Turpin in the short term, and Issac Luke on a significantly lower contract has replaced him as depth. Everyone needs to pray that he finds a new contract for next year
- Offa (just doesn't look like he will be able to reach the heights expected when he came through NYC... if an offer comes let him take it otherwise we're starter salary on a bench forward (at best) until 2022
- Milf (I think a change of teams is what's best for both parties at this stage... club seems set on Dearden in the halves, and I think Croft is more serviceable moving forward. If he can find a new deal elsewhere let him move on)

Too early at this stage
- Coates (huge talent, but what is the long term plan (looks like a young Folau)... Staggs and Coates look to be the long term centers, but one of them will have to be moved to left center and both will need to improve their defence immensely)... he's the kind of guy that the club will invest heavily in to retain him, but they don't really know what the plan is with him.
- Dearden (is he our long term halfback?? then get him in)
- Niu (is he our long term fullback or center?? if so get him in to see if he's NRL ready)
- Croft (I think he is adapting well, but need to see how he goes in a consistent 17 week to week to know if he is long term half)
- Lodge (I think he is suffering from fitness… was playing big minutes last year, but the knee injury will take some time to resolve his fitness issues. Forced to play at the moment, because of failings with Offa and Flegler... he looks the kind of guy that can lead the forward pack for the time being though)
- Turps (Looks promising as a hooker, but is he the future. Can be held for the time being)
- Flegler (Needs a rest and may need a revised training regime to fit into the new style of play... another guy that needs an overhaul on his defence)
- Cory Paix (Needs time before a decision can be made)
- Ethan Bullemore (Needs time before a decision can be made, but looks promising for either middle rotation or edge… I'd be tempted to have him on the bench this year and look to send Offa packing)
- Jordan Riki (Needs time before a decision can be made)

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.