What would have been awesome to see...

The most famous moment was off a scrum, Queensland had the feed in good field position and Tate got snapped by his opposite and New South Wales went the length of the field to score.

Then again, I do recall a pretty crappy pass so I maybe a little premature in my commentary, that and Tate had played little to no football before his selection, and at that time he hadn't earnt Nate Myles status.

The only reason Tate is still playing first grade is because of his performances in rep. football.

The dude was always good.

Big Pete said:
The only reason Tate is still playing first grade is because of his performances in rep. football.

The dude was always good.

He's no Mogg.

No, but who is?

Tate would be before Hodges though who really hasn't been that good in the Origin arena.

Big Pete said:
No, but who is?

Tate would be before Hodges though who really hasn't been that good in the Origin arena.

except for his almost god-like try last year.

That play summed Hodges' Origin career up really well.

I believe it was game 2, 2008 when Tate had his best ever performance in a rep jersey. One of the best defensive displays from a center I have ever seen, he was so fired up it was scary! You could say Tate>Hodges in origin, despite Tates occasional poor performances. Hodges has shown occasional brilliance but nothing consistent.

Agree Scotty, the fact that Tate didn't get MOTM that night is a joke. One of the best performances by a QLD centre in Origin history IMO.

Who did get it?

Inglis?

I think that's fair enough...

Bannermania said:
phew. that would be fkn huuuuge. I couldn't pick a winner.

Yeah, even Matt Elliot would have trouble picking that one

It seems that the real nature of this thread is discussing how awesome it would be to see Tatey in a maroon jersey this year - because Brenty is a HERO and one of the most exciting players to be involved in the glorious soon to be fivepeat!

The last time Queensland picked a bloke after 2 knee reconstructions we got pumped in the series. Fucking Ikin.

Never again. Tate, your career in maroon is done.

No, the nature of this thread is to discuss how fantastic Adam Mogg is.

Coxy said:
The last time Queensland picked a bloke after 2 knee reconstructions we got pumped in the series. **** Ikin.

Never again. Tate, your career in maroon is done.

Harsh there sir - very harsh!!!

I understand and probably agree with his non-selection for game 1.

However I just can't help feel loyal to the bloke for what he's done... that 06 game 3 try was SO critical... in context arguably the most important try of the last four years...

anyhow... QLD can't fall into the trap of loyalty as well... we went down there and it didn't work.

Professor47 said:
that 06 game 3 try was SO critical... in context arguably the most important try of the last four years...

I reckon Lockyers try in that game was more important. Tate's try means nothing if Lockyer doesn't score. Vice versa I guess, but Lockyers try was the one that actually gave QLD the lead, and ultimately the game and series, and stopping NSW from winning 4 series in a row themselves.

OXY-351 said:
Professor47 said:
that 06 game 3 try was SO critical... in context arguably the most important try of the last four years...

I reckon Lockyers try in that game was more important. Tate's try means nothing if Lockyer doesn't score. Vice versa I guess, but Lockyers try was the one that actually gave QLD the lead, and ultimately the game and series, and stopping NSW from winning 4 series in a row themselves.

Plus the way in which Lockyer scored also absolutely shattered the Blewsers mentally.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.