What would you do with Herbie?

What would you do with Herbie now that he signed for Dolphins next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Lots of ramblings on here over this and since we got something new to talk about other then how Kev is shit and Billy is only here because of nepotism, what is your View on this, atleast with a poll we can see what a general consensus looks like.

My vote is option 2 or option 1, I don't see a reason to give The a good player any earlier without a solid reason.

I would release him immediately if it means we free up 500k, give Carrigan an upgrade on the proviso he extends with the money saved, promote Mariner to the top 30.

If he's staying (which I'd be happy with), I'd want to see him moved to wing, I reckon his game is great for it and Cobbo moved to centre.

I would have paid for the ticket to Sydney if the Roosters had signed Haas.. this one hurts though.. Still, in the spirit of copying what better run clubs than ours do… no early release unless a quality player swap and play him just as we were planning to play him for the entire year, as form permits.

Yeah I might just be in bitch mode but I say release him early and use the money wisely. I am super gutted and Can't Even right now.

I mean if you're thinking short term you keep him right where he is, although there is merit in the swap him and Cobbo option. that way Cobbo gets a head start on a full time switch to the centres.

Longer term thinking says you do what Bennett did with Hodges all those years ago and dump him ... but in that case you offer him an early release (because of his previous loyalty, sticking by us when he really should have cut and run.

so as not to sit on the fence, let's say release him and lock up Mariner longer term

I would release him immediately if it means we free up 500k, give Carrigan an upgrade on the proviso he extends with the money saved, promote Mariner to the top 30.

If he's staying (which I'd be happy with), I'd want to see him moved to wing, I reckon his game is great for it and Cobbo moved to centre.
the upgrade would only be this year on what we can do now though, we can upgrade him for next year onwards even if Herbie stays.

the upgrade would only be this year on what we can do now though, we can upgrade him for next year onwards even if Herbie stays.
If Carrigan is going up from 500 to say 900k, you can front load 400k over 2 years this year if Herbie leaves, so he ends up costing 700k for the next 2 years with some smart accounting.

We did the same thing last year letting go of whoever it was after round 1.

If Carrigan is going up from 500 to say 900k, you can front load 400k over 2 years this year if Herbie leaves, so he ends up costing 700k for the next 2 years with some smart accounting.

We did the same thing last year letting go of whoever it was after round 1.

We do need to get Pat locked down. He's our best forward, if not our best player and if we can use Herbies money ( if he is even willing to leave early ) then we should look at it. He's not on huge money really considering what he's achieving, we dont want him going to market.

Is there a option to backflip on the dolphins deal?

Is there a option to backflip on the dolphins deal?

not assuming the 10 day cooling off period is still a thing.

because clubs were not allowed to announce the deal before then. and the Phins made an official announcement

We do need to get Pat locked down. He's our best forward, if not our best player and if we can use Herbies money ( if he is even willing to leave early ) then we should look at it. He's not on huge money really considering what he's achieving, we dont want him going to market.
Agree on all counts, although I think Reece will give him a go as the best player in our team. However Carrigan is probably underpaid so I would say he's due an extension/upgrade asap.

I would keep him on and see how his attitude is for the first month or so. If we aren’t going so well and he starts dropping off in effort then that’s when I’d drop him

I would keep him on and see how his attitude is for the first month or so. If we aren’t going so well and he starts dropping off in effort then that’s when I’d drop him
Herbie is all effort and I have no doubt he'll give his all everytime he plays for us.

No salt from me, I'm disappointed we couldn't hold onto him but I always respect players who give it their all when they play.

I hope he has a long successful career even after he leaves.

Herbie is all effort and I have no doubt he'll give his all everytime he plays for us.

No salt from me, I'm disappointed we couldn't hold onto him but I always respect players who give it their all when they play.

I hope he has a long successful career even after he leaves.
Yeah I can’t fault his professionalism. I wonder how he’ll feel if we end up playing finals and dolphins are wooden spooners.

You have to play him. No reason to lose our minds. You use this to bring in other options throughout the season. Look at rotations in the team. Don't need to play him every week, but definitely worth keeping him if we are paying him. The Dolphins will not be a good choice for him anyway.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.