What would you do with Herbie?

What would you do with Herbie now that he signed for Dolphins next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of ramblings on here over this and since we got something new to talk about other then how Kev is shit and Billy is only here because of nepotism,
well since you brought it up… probably could’ve had more cash for Herbie if we didn’t extend Billy and kept him if we had a coach worth sticking around for

I would release him immediately if it means we free up 500k, give Carrigan an upgrade on the proviso he extends with the money saved, promote Mariner to the top 30.

If he's staying (which I'd be happy with), I'd want to see him moved to wing, I reckon his game is great for it and Cobbo moved to centre.
- I dont think Herbie is on $500k... Staggs is reportedly on $500k-$600k and Herbie is suggested to be on well unders
- Mariner is already in the top 30
- We should already be looking to upgrade and extend our best forward in Patty, especially since the cap has gone up by like $2m since covid

- I dont think Herbie is on $500k... Staggs is reportedly on $500k-$600k and Herbie is suggested to be on well unders
- We should already be looking to upgrade and extend our best forward in Patty, especially since the cap has gone up by like $2m since covid

If Haas’s contract is anything to go by, I imagine Latty has probably already received some upgrades.

If Haas’s contract is anything to go by, I imagine Latty has probably already received some upgrades.
Not sure what that has to do with us bro...

Reveal Bunnies GIF by FoxSportsAus

Weren't there reports that he was after a moderate upgrade in and around the world cup?

Didn't hear anything after that... but Ikin should've been looking to upgrade and extend him at that point anyway

Weren't there reports that he was after a moderate upgrade in and around the world cup?

Didn't hear anything after that... but Ikin should've been looking to upgrade and extend him at that point anyway

He was off contract at the end of the year, and we were negotiating with him.

he took a better offer. (not to mention given the players at the Phins, he could pretty much take his pick of positions in the backline)

He was off contract at the end of the year, and we were negotiating with him.

he took a better offer. (not to mention given the players at the Phins, he could pretty much take his pick of positions in the backline)
I was responding to talk about a Patty upgrade

The only 2 options are the first 2. Releasing him or dropping him are idiotic suggestions.

Staggs is reportedly on 700-800k

What do you do with Herbie? Whatever is best for the club.

I don't blame Herbie for leaving and I don't want him dropped out of spite, but this has to be about what best serves the club.

You don't just blindly play him because he is the best option in 2023, unless you think what's best for the club is winning as many games in 2023 as possible without a care in the world about 2024 until November.

This approach is justifiable if you are genuine premiership threat in 2023, but we clearly are not. As such, what is best for the club is a balance between 2023 performances and looking to the future.

That probably means playing Herbie in more games than he doesn't, but craftily choosing some games to give him a rest while giving Mariner some NRL games.

As much as I have love Kevvie sadly I think this is a little too strategic for him, and he'll just roll out whatever he had 'planned' before the announcement.

Yeah I can’t fault his professionalism. I wonder how he’ll feel if we end up playing finals and dolphins are wooden spooners.
He'll still have a healthier bank account regardless of what happens. Money is of the utmost importance to all of us.

Redcliffe will be a pretty good side in a couple of years. Their coaching and management team are second to none. Expansion teams don't become successful overnight.

The Broncos are still a number of years away before they taste any meaningful success. It generally takes a decade to climb out of "rock bottom" and as we seen in the last six weeks of 2022, there is still a mountain of work to be done.

I am sure Herbie will have no regrets with his decision.

Might as well put him on the wing, let Cobbo develop at centre. No point in releasing a quality player early because he's signed elsewhere especially if there isn't massive discontent at the core of it.

What do you do with Herbie? Whatever is best for the club.

I don't blame Herbie for leaving and I don't want him dropped out of spite, but this has to be about what best serves the club.

You don't just blindly play him because he is the best option in 2023, unless you think what's best for the club is winning as many games in 2023 as possible without a care in the world about 2024 until November.

This approach is justifiable if you are genuine premiership threat in 2023, but we clearly are not. As such, what is best for the club is a balance between 2023 performances and looking to the future.

That probably means playing Herbie in more games than he doesn't, but craftily choosing some games to give him a rest while giving Mariner some NRL games.

As much as I have love Kevvie sadly I think this is a little too strategic for him, and he'll just roll out whatever he had 'planned' before the announcement.

if it is best to let Mariner, continue his development in the QLD Cup for 2023 ... playing in as the first drop when we lose an outside back. you keep Herbie in the side ... although moving Cobbo to centre (with Herbie taking wing, isn't a bad idea.)

Giving Mariner a bit more baking time in the QLD cup isn't the worst idea either. we just need to reassure him that he'll get first chance to replace Herbie in 2024.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • The Don
  • BroncoFan94
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.