What year?

Votes: 5 20.8%

Votes: 4 16.7%

Votes: 5 20.8%

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Beyond 2015

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Yeah, but that's just lucky, Brizz. Nothing to do with QLD spirit or more importantly, Mal's motivation....

Yep totally I also remember Mick Crocker really early in the streak when we were up by 2 or 4 very late making a tackle he had no right to make on an outside back, he doesn't make the legs tackle he is 2 on 1 with the fullback and we lose. The only two guys I reckon in recent NSW forward packs I would back to make that play or at least be in the vicinity are Gallen and Bird. Not only is it instinct but he made a lot of ground and made a desperate lunge, I have never seen Creagh, Hoffman, Watmough or Scott do anything like that at club level let alone for their state.

I'm backing QLD to win this year.

IF QLD win this year, I'd say 2014 will be their best chance. If they want to win in 2013... they have to win game 1. History has shown NSW are best when they win game 1 in QLD and bring game 2 back to Sydney... one day they will get the chocs by winning game 1 then having game 2 in Sydney. It COULD be this year.

NSW are IMO unlikely to win whilst Slater, Cronk, Thurston and Smith are all available and close to their peak. Injury permitting, all have another 3 years left in them, and given guys like Hannant, Scott, McGuire, Thaiday et al will be around to lead the pack, I don't see why QLD can't keep winning til our spine reaches their age 32 year (I think all are currently in their age 29 year).

Once that decline happens, it honestly wouldn't surprise me to see NSW dominate for 5 years or so. Not to a QLD extent, but dominate all the same. Only DCE really impresses me as a young spine player, and we still got dominated by NSW even when we had Lockyer, so it's not like he's going to be enough. Plus NSW always have the bigger talent pool to select from. That our pool of talent is of such higher quality in this 10 year span (2005-14ish) is IMO, an exceptionally rare anomaly we are unlikey to see in many decades.

1. Inglis/Barba
6. Norman
7. DCE
9.Macca/Friend

That spine looks pretty good to me.

The current team has the potential to do it. I wound'nt be suprised if NSW won game 1.

Plus NSW always have the bigger talent pool to select from. That our pool of talent is of such higher quality in this 10 year span (2005-14ish) is IMO, an exceptionally rare anomaly we are unlikey to see in many decades.

Agreed. Once this era ends... the numbers will sort themselves out and percentage wise NSW will have the better odds at producing greater players. Once they grab about 4 or 5 of these players... they will probably build a team around them and string a few series together.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.