Where now for PJ Marsh?

S

Slide

BRL Player
Apr 10, 2008
Ennis is a 80mins player like Cameron Smith. Where does this leave Pj Marsh?

Ennis *can* play eighty minutes, but doesn't have to.

IMO there'd be nothing wrong with injecting Marsh, who is a great impact player, into the game for 40 mins each weekend at hooker, or even playing a roving role. Ennis too is versatile, having experience in the back row and halves.

Ennis in the halves doesn't work. Not once did he touch the ball in the pivot position last night. And it was no coincidence he played his best game. The Broncos need Ennis to play 80mins.

Ennis has had a fantastic last couple of weeks but lets see how the next 2 months go before we all start staining the sheets over 3 games.

I don't get this at all. Ennis has one great month of football in his career and suddenly we should ditch all other options at the club despite the fact he is injury prone and hasn't exactly proven himself for the long term or that he is a safe bet in terms of injuries. PJ Marsh is a great impact player and we would be retarded to let him go because Ennis is in a purple patch, Marsh has played Origin and I severely doubt Ennis ever will, Marsh is incredibly tough, can play 6, 7 or 9 and should be bought on late each half with Ennis shifting to lock 2 or 3 off the ruck and coming in to dummy half occasionally. The best side's have great benches that change the game and create momentum for their team when injected and that is exactly how I would describe what PJ brings to a footy team.

Slide said:
Ennis in the halves doesn't work. Not once did he touch the ball in the pivot position last night. And it was no coincidence he played his best game. The Broncos need Ennis to play 80mins.

I didn't say "play him in the halves". I just said they were both versatile. Nothing wrong with sending on Marsh for 15-20 each half and saying, "Go and find the gaps".

Dexter said:
Ennis has had a fantastic last couple of weeks but lets see how the next 2 months go before we all start staining the sheets over 3 games.

Exactly what I keep saying, lets see if he can play consistent footy for a decent time period and then lets talk about placing all our hopes and dreams on him.

You have to admit. Having Lockyer, Wallace, Ennis and Marsh on the field all at the same time would be pretty good.

Clintos said:
You have to admit. Having Lockyer, Wallace, Ennis and Marsh on the field all at the same time would be pretty good.

Lockyer, Wallace, Ennis, Marsh, Hodges, Hunt and Folau next year.

[icon_ee

As posted before - PJ is IMO the perfect bench utility.

Dexter said:

haha.

ennis has been great, but the thread title of "where now for pj marsh?" is waaaaay over the top.

pennywisealfie said:
Dexter said:

haha.

ennis has been great, but the thread title of "where now for pj marsh?" is waaaaay over the top.

Agreed fully. Ennis has been awesome for us and it is great to see him peak after a horrid run with injury.

As for PJ - he will and has already proved to be a great impact player for us. Super-sub or complement to Ennis - I love having both these boys on the squad icon_thumbs_u

Ennis has shown some great form since returning from injury, but it has only been a month. Marsh will return, and come off the bench, and he will take ennis's spot if he drops off in form. It's a good thing, and if Ennis keeps going gangbustesr then great Marsh can come on and have free reign and inject himself as he sees fit, so either way it's a plus for us.

Well PJ is expected back against the Tigers next week. Assuming Hodges, Boyd, Thaiday, Parker and Carroll are passed fit, the team I'd have is:

Boyd
Kemp
Moon
Hodges
Robinson
Lockyer
Wallace
Hannant
Ennis
Thaiday
Stagg
Sims
Carroll

Marsh
Eastwood
Taylor
Parker

Marsh has to be our interchange utility, and I don't have a problem with him subbing with Ennis.

666 said:
Ennis has shown some great form since returning from injury, but it has only been a month. Marsh will return, and come off the bench, and he will take ennis's spot if he drops off in form. It's a good thing, and if Ennis keeps going gangbustesr then great Marsh can come on and have free reign and inject himself as he sees fit, so either way it's a plus for us.

The healthy competition for the starting hooking spot will also ensure both will give it their best each week - yay for the team!

Wouldn't the test players be stood down during the Tigers game? The Test is the following week.

You'd have to say Lockyer and Hodges are certs with Thaiday and Eastwood (for NZ) probables.

No they are playing.
Don't know about the ones if any who get chosen for City Country though.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • Reds2011
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • mrslong
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • upthebroncs
  • RolledOates
  • KevieBurnerAccount
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.