Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021...er...2025

I agree with you to a point. But as a professional he has a lot to answer for his lack of conditioning.

That's very true. At the same time, our fitness staff should have some responsibility for ensuring hs fitness, and if he isn't properly conditioned so to speak, then he doesn't play.

i know this is weird to say but dearden should have a 6 on his back, as a QLDer 6 is the most important position historically **** the NSWRL logic on what a 7 should be.

The way I see it Dearden has a very similar style play to lockyer(he clearly doesn't play like langer) in his 6 days and Lockyer was the dominant half the entire time he played in the halves, it's the Qld way to have the dominant 6.

Even when lockyer retired Thurstan replaced him as 6 and regradless he was was clearly the dominant half over Cronk.

Go earlier and our best half was Lewis, it's just our way 6 is the QLD way.

Last edited:
i know this is weird to say but dearden should have a 6 on his back, as a QLDer 6 is the most important position historically **** the NSWRL logic on what a 7 should be.

The way I see it Dearden has a very similar style play to lockyer(he clearly doesn't play like langer) in his 6 days and Lockyer was the dominant half the entire time he played in the halves, it's the Qld way to have the dominant 6.

Even when lockyer retired Thurstan replaced him as 6 and regradless he was was clearly the dominant half over Cronk.

What about Alfie?

If management don’t jump on this, they are more incompetent than we thought.

Onya Gilly. Maybe have a word in the forwards' ears about tackling technique. Not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog that matters.

Imagine big Haas with Gilly's sting in a tackle! Riki would be a standout pupil in that regard. A little work with Gilly and he'd be an absolute weapon.

Absolutely spot on...SoS is a 7, always have been, always will be....a organising one at that...

Dearden takes on the line, runs the ball, sets up his egde runners.....theres a term for that...A FIVE EIGHT.!

Really would like to see them run out like this on the weekend...

also, can we PLEASE see Dearden, Fifita and Staggs on the same edge please..?

Bewildering to think ths isnt happening now....guess Uncle Gentle isnt a full time coaching candidate after all...

That's very true. At the same time, our fitness staff should have some responsibility for ensuring hs fitness, and if he isn't properly conditioned so to speak, then he doesn't play.
My problem is this has been an ongoing issue for the last 3-4 years that he has been here. It is not just one coach or fitness staff. See how the blame gets placed on others with a player like Milf. Such a talented bloke that it has to be every ones fault but his. If he knuckled down he would be a complete package, he is that good of a natural player. Over the last 3 years at least he has been average to poor and this is year I would say he has been woeful.

My problem is this has been an ongoing issue for the last 3-4 years that he has been here. It is not just one coach or fitness staff. See how the blame gets placed on others with a player like Milf. Such a talented bloke that it has to be every ones fault but his. If he knuckled down he would be a complete package, he is that good of a natural player. Over the last 3 years at least he has been average to poor and this is year I would say he has been woeful.

No disagreement with you here except I am not shifting blame at all. My point was about shared responsibility, not to take the onus off Milford. He has a clear responsibility to be at optimal fitness, to knuckle down and just do it, as does every player. However again, I have some misgivings about the club's fitness and conditioning standards, for example, playing Lodge when he hasn't fully recovered - unfit as well as not fully healed, and the same for playing Milford before his hamstring was fully healed. Also, many in here have commented on the overall lack of fitness in the entire squad, again, for mine, a shared responsibility. As for your point about Milford's talent deflecting responsibility onto others, that was certainly not my intention.

I still remain steadfast in my belief that it is on the coaching staff not to play anyone who is not 100% fit and in top condition, or you end up with predictable consequences as we have seen.

I however disagree with you about Milford being poor for the last 3 years. In '18 he was good. The decline began under Seibold which affected almost every player. I remain convinced that Milford's issues are the same as those of the squad - a lack of belief, in the coach, and the club, and that reflects in the drop in self belief which for mine, impacts everyone's performance, and most evident in the most talented, as we expect so much from them.

You can't reach peak physical fitness if your mental fitness is poor, and digging yourself out of that hole on your own is not easy. We have an expert on that in the squad but it seems, not amongst the coaching staff. Hopefully, that will be addressed when the new coach takes over.

Last edited:
No disagreement with you here except I am not shifting blame at all. My point was about shared responsibility, not to take the onus off Milford. He has a clear responsibility to be at optimal fitness, to knuckle down and just do it, as does every player. However again, I have some misgivings about the club's fitness and conditioning standards, for example, playing Lodge when he hasn't fully recovered - unfit as well as not fully healed, and the same for playing Milford before his hamstring was fully healed. Also, many in here have commented on the overall lack of fitness in the entire squad, again, for mine, a shared responsibility. As for your point about Milford's talent deflecting responsibility onto others, that was certainly not my intention.

I still remain steadfast in my belief that it is on the coaching staff not to play anyone who is not 100% fit and in top condition, or you end up with predictable consequences as we have seen.

I however disagree with you about Milford being poor for the last 3 years. In '18 he was good. The decline began under Seibold which affected almost every player. I remain convinced that Milford's issues are the same as those of the squad - a lack of belief, in the coach, and the club, and that reflects in the drop in self belief which for mine, impacts everyone's performance, and most evident in the most talented, as we expect so much from them.

You can't reach peak physical fitness if your mental fitness is poor, and digging yourself out of that hole on your own is not easy. We have an expert on that in the squad but it seems, not amongst the coaching staff. Hopefully, that will be addressed when the new coach takes over.
This year is an odd one, there is part of me suspicious that there is was a factor of over doing it. That can result in a higher rate of injury and also looking underdone. I actually think both came into factor. The Broncs clearly did not think they would be returning so soon, they were underdone. Then the attempt at a catch up occurred and above game day tempo was used. This I believe resulted in an increase in soft tissue injures at training and early game day fatigue.

In regards to Milf a quick search on this forum will show that his form and fitness has been questioned as far back as 2016. In 2018 he may of been one of our best but he was far from his 2015 form and far from his potential best form. I still think we have not seen what he is really capable of producing and that is a true shame. I love the kid and always have but I just have reached a point in that I expect him to be so much more and just can't except what he has been dishing up.

I think they were right to say what they did. They were proven right. Siebold shut them out in any case.

Did he? I swear he did an interview about it last year and extended an invitation for them all to come down to training and help? Could absolutely be wrong of course.

Did he? I swear he did an interview about it last year and extended an invitation for them all to come down to training and help? Could absolutely be wrong of course.

He probably said both and then some mixture of both, as well as an expression not including either and just expected everyone understood what he meant because music was blaring and boats were burning.

He probably said both and then some mixture of both, as well as an expression not including either and just expected everyone understood what he meant because music was blaring and boats were burning.

Isolation hasn't been kind to you has it? Was sorry to hear about your bike.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
  • Xarr
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • porouian
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncosMan
  • davidp
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.