Where will the Broncos finish?

1. Slater
2. Quinn
3. Geyer/Chambers
4. Folau
5. Turner (good club footballer, regardless of how bad he was in Origin)
6. Inglis
7. Cronk

Coxy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
mick! said:
Best 1-7 I've seen in the last decade.

You have got to be farking joking right?

I would assume Mick is referring to the best Broncos 1-7 in the last decade.

Reasonably big call given the days of Lockyer, Tuqiri and Sailor at the back - but then, in those days we had shithouse halves.

Well if hes referring to the broncos then ok, still a big call, especially since we dont even know who is playing where this year, and michaels and whoever else will fill in on the wing are yet to prove themselves at all. Coupled with Hodges lack of talent atm i was very surprised to see mick make that statement. Cant disagree on locky, folau and hunt tho.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
1. Slater
2. Quinn
3. Geyer/Chambers
4. Folau
5. Turner (good club footballer, regardless of how bad he was in Origin)
6. Inglis
7. Cronk

The wings is what really sets that list apart from ours (assuming Michaels and another will be playing there). Quinn and Turner, while nothing flash, are some of the best finishers in the game. The rest basically cancel each other out (cept for hunt and slater, slater ftw)

LOLZ @ Quinn and Turner. Neither is any better than Michaels showed prior to his knee injury in 2008. Besides which, Michaels will play centres for the Broncos this year. Folau will be on the wing, at least once Hodges is back from injury.

i dont rate michaels whatsoever. everyone seems to have some weird fascination with him, but mark my words, in a few years, as usual u will all see wat i see now (eg stagg, perry, minto, kelly)

Barring any notable injury problems throughout the season, i'll back us to work our way into the 4. If our forwards can beat expectations i'd expect that backline to take care of business fairly well.

On the other hand, this year more than any other it may not take much to go wrong (again, i'm thinking forward depth and experience) for us to slide right out of the 8. Such is the unpredictability of footy these days.

16th.... The Broncos playing roster is full over-rated hacks who rely on Lockyer far too much.

QUEENSLANDER said:
i dont rate michaels whatsoever. everyone seems to have some weird fascination with him, but mark my words, in a few years, as usual u will all see wat i see now (eg stagg, perry, minto, kelly)

Like your great remarks (pre 2006) about Bennett?

Also, why the Perry beat up yet again? He has always been a stop gap QRL half who pulled us through a tight spot when we needed it...I don't get the criticism (not just yourself, greater BHQ has a fascination with bagging him).

I don't think Michaels is anything too special, but he is an above average player who is very handy in good form. Before his injury last season I thought he was going great and hopefully he can do a good job for us again this year. I wouldn't go raving about him though. That said, I wouldn't say Quinn or Turner are any better than him IMO.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I would take this one before ours
1. O'Davis
2. Tahu
3. M.Gidley
4. M.Hughes
5. MacDougall
6. M.Johns
7. A.Johns

I wouldn't.

1. Hunt is miles ahead of Robbie O, even at Robbie's very short lived peak.
2. Falou not only is the best under the high ball both in attack and defence in the NRL, he also is a better finisher than Tahu ever was (from anywhere on the park) and is just as good defensivly as Tahu.
3. Gidley has it all over Michaels. Michaels has shown some glimpses, but I'm waiting before I pass any judgement on his post-op form.
4. Whilst Hodges may be in a form slump in the second half of 2008, we all know what he is capable of. If Hodgo could get back to even half of his early 2008/2006/2007 form, Hughes wouldn't even be in the same league.
5. Mad dog is that guy who people only know because Sailor kept him out of a test jumper. Another NSW urban legend with average skills, talked up into something he wasn't. He played for Australia 9 times, 5 of which were the same bloody WC. LOLZ! Between Winterstein, Yow Yeh, Hewitt, Michaels ( De Vere coming in as centre, leaving Michaels to play wing). I think we should call this a draw.
6. Lockyer is god. M. Johns is an over rated hack who only made rep footy because of Super League. LOLZ, even the brilliance that is Joey Johns couldn't make him look good.
7. I agree Johns far out shines anything Wallace can do. That said, Wallace, who is at worst the 2nd best NSW eligible half (prolly 1st) can handle any situation, as he proved throughout 2008.

IMO, the glamour boys (who BTW couldn't win the big one with that "star studded" backline) you mentioned aren't above our current 1-7 at all.

Of course, nobody knows what the season will hold, just showing that on paper FCB is wrong. Newcastle have always been shit and have only ever produced 3 elite's [icon_razz1 )

The love of joEy Johns and his drugcastle is a joke surely!!

QUEENSLANDER said:
mick! said:
Best 1-7 I've seen in the last decade.

You have got to be farking joking right?

Sorry, I meant Broncos 1-7. Can only think of the Storm in recent years though - they'd be at least equal second best 1-7 in the past 10 years of the NRL as a whole though. Put them pretty much on par with the Knights earlier this decade.

Of course that's a massive call, but look at the facts! Pretty likely that four (Hunt, Hodges, Folau, Lockyer) of the seven will play for Australia, and could even be up to six of the seven (possibly Michaels, Wallace) involved in SOO too.

Of course the Storm featuring Slater, Inglis, Folau, Cronk would probably pip this lot, but gee it's not a HUGE difference.

Just for a test though

1. Slater - Beats out Hunt on his recent form, I'll admit it. But K is far more consistent and won't cost you matches with stupid errors. Slater is more than capable of doing that. STORM.
2. Quinn - On par with Steve Michaels. Even.
3. Geyer/Chambers - No match for Hodges. BRONCOS.
4. Folau - Folau. Even.
5. Turner - Yow Yeh or De Vere. Turner wins out. STORM.
6. Inglis - Great player, but not a five-eighth's arsehole. Lockyer hands down. BRONCOS.
7. Cronk - I'd seriously think of this one as being close to even. Cronk just above Wallace at this stage, for experience if nothing else. STORM. Just.

STORM - 3
BRONCOS - 2
EVEN - 2

Beads6 said:
The love of joEy Johns and his drugcastle is a joke surely!!

Now I have an image of Joey sitting on a throne in a castle. "Velcome to my castle. Vun, Two, Three eccies!"

Can't see us not making the top 8 if there are no injuries. I dunno how far we can go in the finals with a pretty inexpirienced coach, and an unproven forward pack, but I'm positive we'll be there anyway.

See if Darren stays fit or not. If he is fit for the year, anything is possible.

Top 8 without a doubt, not sure about top 4 though, my estimate is 6th

Active Now

• Clintos
  • Financeguy
  • Big Del
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • Midean
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.