COMPLETE Where's Isaako

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take is that it goes back to what I said about him not being a natural Rugby League player. His default instinct lies in Rugby, so when he had his brain fade against the Dragons, I think his instinct was that if he forced the ball dead it's a penalty try.
Grounding the ball in-goal is a 22yd drop out I.e. a better result than in league. Kicking it dead is the same. Even taking Rugby instincts into account, he stuffed up badly.

Payne's situation is different in any case - the club is approaching him about an extension so it's reasonable for his management to get ideas of what would be available to him elsewhere for those additional years the Broncos want to contract him. Jemayne was neither off contract nor discussing future contracts with the club and decided to meet with a rival coach.

Maybe it is hypocritical in regards to Haas but as far as we know there hasn't been a meeting between Payne and other club's management like there was with Isaako. All we know is that his management has floated a million dollar price tag and Phil Gould commented on a Channel 9 show. Kent took that a step further and suggested they met but that hasn't been confirmed or denied.
Kent claimed Payne (or his management) met with Canterbury and asked for a million. Gould didn't deny it, and said he wasn't worth that. Maybe the term "met with" is more like "spoke to."

Payne's situation is different in any case - the club is approaching him about an extension so it's reasonable for his management to get ideas of what would be available to him elsewhere for those additional years the Broncos want to contract him. Jemayne was neither off contract nor discussing future contracts with the club and decided to meet with a rival coach.
That is some crazy arsed rationalization!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wow. Soooooo many assumptions especially around conversations between Isaako and the club about which you can not possibly know a single thing !

Grounding the ball in-goal is a 22yd drop out I.e. a better result than in league. Kicking it dead is the same. Even taking Rugby instincts into account, he stuffed up badly.
I never understood the rules of Rugby despite playing it for years - isn't it a 5m scrum? It was brain fade for sure but I could understand given his Rugby background he maybe hesitant and willing the ball dead than potentially getting pinged.

The only reason I'm aware of the rule is because of two infamous incidents involving Karmichael and SBW.

I never understood the rules of Rugby despite playing it for years - isn't it a 5m scrum? It was brain fade for sure but I could understand given his Rugby background he maybe hesitant and willing the ball dead than potentially getting pinged.

The only reason I'm aware of the rule is because of two infamous incidents involving Karmichael and SBW.
I believe it's a 5m scrum if the defending team takes it in goal (think Cobbo being manhandled by a player 1/3rd his size). If the attacking team takes it in-goal e.g. a kick it's a drop out.

I played union for 8 years and I'm still uncertain of most of the rules. It's a stupid sport.

I believe it's a 5m scrum if the defending team takes it in goal (think Cobbo being manhandled by a player 1/3rd his size). If the attacking team takes it in-goal e.g. a kick it's a drop out.

I played union for 8 years and I'm still uncertain of most of the rules. It's a stupid sport.
Rugby Union is like algebra.

Only a few people really, truly understand it and of them, just about all are bordering on insane.

Most others have NFI and / or don’t care about it and realise that it’s totally irrelevant in the real world.

Look I’m a league fan but let’s not pretend like rugby isn’t the FAR bigger game in the world.

Look I’m a league fan but let’s not pretend like rugby isn’t the FAR bigger game in the world.
We aren't denying that, just saying the rules are very bizzare. So many different weird catches. And I know what I'm talking about because I'm pretty much the goat at rugby 08😂

I had crazy broncos flashbacks last night. Gave me the heebie jeebies

Sooooo how did Isaako go?

Total mixed bag as usual. An excellent try saver and a number of errors at important times. Though he was also talking a lot which he never did at Brisbane.

Total mixed bag as usual. An excellent try saver and a number of errors at important times. Though he was also talking a lot which he never did at Brisbane.
The big fella did manage 190 run metres which is pretty great. I couldn’t stomach the whole game though I’m not sure of the quality of those metres.

He’s so frustrating because he looks like an incredible player based on raw ability alone he just can’t put it together enough to be more than a borderline first grader. I kind of hope he goes to union and kills it.

The big fella did manage 190 run metres which is pretty great. I couldn’t stomach the whole game though I’m not sure of the quality of those metres.

He’s so frustrating because he looks like an incredible player based on raw ability alone he just can’t put it together enough to be more than a borderline first grader. I kind of hope he goes to union and kills it.

Yeah of course and those stats will be all that some posters will look at and claim that means he is effectively just misunderstood and should be the permanent Broncos' number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• UP DA BRIZZY BRONX
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • The Boss
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.