Which Broncos player is in for a big year in 2008?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
So which player do you think will really make a name for himself this year? One of the younger less established blokes who haven't really gotten the wraps as yet. Who will have a year like Ben Hannant had last year?

I reckon it is Joel Moon this year. Really liked what I saw at Redcliffe when he played in the centres and was allowed to play a roving sort of role. Paid off great with 2 tries and some nice runs.

He probably won't be there in round 1 but I think 2008 is the year for him :)

I reckon Ennis is in for a stellar year... once he can settle on one position and hopefully stay injury free

Hold back the laughs but maybe Darius Boyd ?? I think he is due for a massive season. Otherwise Ashton SIms to have a wow of a season.

Rookies seem to have big years recently. I'll go with Reece Robinson.

I really hope you're right about Moon, Jeb. I'm a big fan of him and definitely hope he can forge a career at the Broncos.

Personally, i reckon Ashton Sims might break out of his shell and show us what a talent he is. ;)

Ennis,Moon and Boyd will all have massive years

taylor will have a shocker.. i like the dude i do but bad feeling

I hope Steve Michaels has a huge year. After the effort he put in for us last year he did not deserve to finish like he did against Melbourne. I am excited about him moving into the centres this year and really hope he can step up as an attacking weapon for us.

I would love to see Sims become the player he looks like he could be, pretty much ever since he got smashed in the jaw by Clint Newton he hasn't been as good. Maybe the change of scenery and new teammates might spur him onto greatness.

Jebadude said:
I reckon it is Joel Moon this year. Really liked what I saw at Redcliffe when he played in the centres and was allowed to play a roving sort of role. Paid off great with 2 tries and some nice runs.

Yeah he had a good game and I think you're on the money in suggesting he'll have a good year.

I reckon Sam Thaiday will have an impressive season. He's always had the quality but never the quantity. I think he'll have both this year.

Can also see Boyd having his best season so far.

Micahel Ennis and Steve Michaels hopefully. Both are very talented players, and I'm hoping both will have awesome seasons. If Ennis and Wallace have great seasons and our team gels quickly, we will be unstoppable IMO.

Ben Hannant, I think SOO football is calling for him this year and he will develop into a very important player in the side.

Darren Lockyer - the man loves challenges

Coming back from injury and leading this young side will spur him on to stamp his mark as the best player in the comp.

I reckon Reece Robison will have a good year, the Broncos rookies seem to burst onto scene. Hopefully he is as fast and flashy as his cousins Mundine and Merritt.

Hoping Kemp, but very doubtful. He'll have a big 09 in the colours of some other club!

Joel Moon and Greg Eastwood are my other hopes here - really like them both and I hope they can really make a good impact for us this year.

mick! said:
Hoping Kemp, but very doubtful. He'll have a big 09 in the colours of some other club!

Joel Moon and Greg Eastwood are my other hopes here - really like them both and I hope they can really make a good impact for us this year.

Eastwood is one that I really hope shows his full potential this year. He's got loads of it, but something not right with him at the moment IMO. Whether its his weight or something mentally I don't know.

Yep Moon if he is given a chance in the backs, otherwise look for Hannant to become the leader of the pack.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Astro
  • Justwin
  • Financeguy
  • bazza
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Behold
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
  • Maddy
  • broncs30
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.