Off contract 2022. Who will you retain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
These players are currently unsigned in 2022. Oates and Turpin have player options. Who do you want the club to keep?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Arthurs:
Asiata
Gamble
Hetherington
Tass
Turpin

Tass and Hetherington are the only long term prospects who I would like to keep and develop on appropriate contrac

Asiata will depend on whether he can actually prove to be a good big minute ball playing lock this season, and even then I think I’d only give him a small 1 year extension.

Arthurs and Gamble basically as depth and I wouldn’t be upset about losing them but if they want to stay as depth on a depth like deals then happy to keep them. Both have been solid.

Turpin purely because I don’t see any other options. I would be looking to upgrade after his P.O though.

No one else I’m really bothered by. Glenn and Teo are past it, as is Copley. Niu looks like a flop at fullback, could eventually be a decent centre I guess but wouldn’t sign him on anything above min wage.

If you could convince Oates to walk and reinvest his 500k that would be ideal but I just can’t see it happening. Praying Hook gives him a Macca type contract.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
not too many front rowers in there...? Wonder if we will go to market?

Very little available as far as free agents go this season; 2022 though is stacked...

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Arthars - He’s been understatedly good at centre this year, solid option moving forward as depth at worst.

Hetherington - Perfect ball-playing lock moving forward, I’d be moving Carrigan to prop if Lodge is punted and have Hetherington at 13, hope he stays.

Gamble - I like what he offers, I don’t see why we need Walters Jr when we already have Gamble here. He could work really well with Reynolds and is a decent 14 should Paix not get another chance for some reason. Again is solid depth at worst and I love his fire.

Tass - He’s coming good, like really good, he might even make starting Centre if he has a huge preseason and he can goal kick. I like his trajectory.

Turpin - He isn’t elite, he’s Macca 2.0 but he is also cheap, keep him until we can find something better. He could be a solid cog in the spine if we have Reynolds and Hynes who can both playmake, he just needs to get them the ball quickly.

The rest can stay if they fill a minimum wage hole or can leave if we hopefully find someone better.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Correct me as im probably wrong, but didnt Hetherington bump up his deal and sign?

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Arthurs:
Asiata
Gamble
Hetherington
Tass
Turpin

Tass and Hetherington are the only long term prospects who I would like to keep and develop on appropriate contrac

Asiata will depend on whether he can actually prove to be a good big minute ball playing lock this season, and even then I think I’d only give him a small 1 year extension.

Arthurs and Gamble basically as depth and I wouldn’t be upset about losing them but if they want to stay as depth on a depth like deals then happy to keep them. Both have been solid.

Turpin purely because I don’t see any other options. I would be looking to upgrade after his P.O though.

No one else I’m really bothered by. Glenn and Teo are past it, as is Copley. Niu looks like a flop at fullback, could eventually be a decent centre I guess but wouldn’t sign him on anything above min wage.

If you could convince Oates to walk and reinvest his 500k that would be ideal but I just can’t see it happening. Praying Hook gives him a Macca type contract.
Exactly the same for me too.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Maroon4life
  • Xzei
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncoFan94
  • Manlyman
  • Griffo
  • lynx000
  • leon.bott
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  • pennywisealfie
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.