VOTE Who do you want as the next Brisbane Broncos coach?

Who do you want as the next Broncos coach?

• Total voters
Bennett and Bellamy do it without fear. If you’re a good coach you can teach those who are coming through next. 90% of coaches don’t hire good assistants because they’re scared for their job. Maguire needs the best under him because we are the Broncos and can afford the best

I can't be the only one that feels weird about Broncos getting the current NSW coach, like surely there has to be some limit.

Like look at our team song it completely contradicts a NSW coach running the team.

So besides being a ****, you are being a sexist ****.

And no, i'm not emotional, i just cant stand the grubs from south of the border.

Madge has done nothing to suggest he is a grub. Yeah, definitely a woman, bitter about stupid shite

The Broncos have hindered themselves by not signing many NSW players over the years. They sign our players, why not sign theirs? Same goes for coaches. We should target the best, not just Queenslanders. Jury is still out on Maguire being good enough for the job, but who else is at the moment. We all want Bellamy and he was the NSW coach.

DD has reportedly confirmed that Barrett and Te'o will be assistants next year.

and that's not a bad thing
To me that firms my belief that Madge was agreed to a while ago.

Teo is an ex player of Madge who Madge speaks highly of. Barrett was a really weird and unexpected Kev signing - makes a lot more sense if Madge is the coach.

My main concern is how are the players going to react to all this ???

The Broncos have hindered themselves by not signing many NSW players over the years. They sign our players, why not sign theirs? Same goes for coaches. We should target the best, not just Queenslanders. Jury is still out on Maguire being good enough for the job, but who else is at the moment. We all want Bellamy and he was the NSW coach.
Because when you do they end up emotional and run back to Sydney.

The only NSW players we should get are either key leadership positions(like Reyno) or players we raised ourselves(Staggs and Haas).

Because when you do they end up emotional and run back to Sydney.

The only NSW players we should get are either key leadership positions(like Reyno) or players we raised ourselves(Staggs and Haas).
Reynolds is enjoying it

Yeah I highlighted that.
I’m sure others would too. Melbourne get to have a good mix of both and look at how successful they are. Why aren’t their players getting home sick and running home? Because they’re successful.

Whoever the next coach is I hope they like the playing roster, because there is no fucking room to move with it.

He'll have a third of his Top 30 chock full of halves and hookers (most reserve grade level)... a couple of great depth options in Hoeter, Baker, Hunt, Gos, Leota, etc. although those blokes aren't depth they're actually the next man up.... maybe the new coach can bring a new head of R&R with him

The squad will be walking in like it's the first day of school... both assistants and now the head coach gone... has Ballin popped his head up or is he keeping his head down 🤔🤔

New coach will also need to come in and figure out how we went from fittest team in the comp 2023 to zero fitness in 2024... was it the high performance team or something else... maybe bring a new head of performance and **** off anyone that was involved in the 2023 GF ... it was a fluke anyway... burn those fucking boats again!!

I just don’t think we’ll all be happy with whoever we get tbh. Looks like the only finding from the review is a coach moved on at this stage. A complete comedy of errors
They need to appoint a coach to decide what to do with the rest of the football department though... that's the common theme at the broncos... hand everything over to the coach to deal with... doesn't matter if they're a rookie coach with zero contacts across the league, they've done their job and picked the coach.

"Good luck mate... also can you organise your own presser... I've got a tee time to make 👍👍"

Why is madge a grub? Lay out your evidence. Can't wait to hear it
You clearly saw his gameplan in Origin was to maim opposition players. Listen kid, he's a grub. Thats all you need to know.

Now if i were you, i'd get back to rehearsing your role on the next series of Struggle Street on SBS.

Whoever the next coach is I hope they like the playing roster, because there is no fucking room to move with it.

He'll have a third of his Top 30 chock full of halves and hookers (most reserve grade level)... a couple of great depth options in Hoeter, Baker, Hunt, Gos, Leota, etc. although those blokes aren't depth they're actually the next man up.... maybe the new coach can bring a new head of R&R with him

The squad will be walking in like it's the first day of school... both assistants and now the head coach gone... has Ballin popped his head up or is he keeping his head down 🤔🤔

New coach will also need to come in and figure out how we went from fittest team in the comp 2023 to zero fitness in 2024... was it the high performance team or something else... maybe bring a new head of performance and **** off anyone that was involved in the 2023 GF ... it was a fluke anyway... burn those fucking boats again!!

I think Madge has shown he's a decent coach in his last 2 rep jobs, but at club level, he was woeful at the tigers and about 12 months after he won the grand final at Souths the wheels started to fall off to the point where he had players walking out of pre season camps on him. He's not really done anything at club level of any note since 2015 ish.

I think Madge has shown he's a decent coach in his last 2 rep jobs, but at club level, he was woeful at the tigers and about 12 months after he won the grand final at Souths the wheels started to fall off to the point where he had players walking out of pre season camps on him. He's not really done anything at club level of any note since 2015 ish.
I don't think it matters who the next coach is... they're walking into a shit show of a 'big club' and they'll be starting about 2-3 weeks before preseason starts... good luck mate

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Purple Pills
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Skyblues87
  • NSW stables
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pigskin
  • Yem
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Scorchie
  • Spoon
  • Dee
  • Galah
  • mrtij
  • Nightwatchman
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.