VOTE Who do you want as the next Brisbane Broncos coach?

Who do you want as the next Broncos coach?

• Total voters
I think Madge has shown he's a decent coach in his last 2 rep jobs, but at club level, he was woeful at the tigers and about 12 months after he won the grand final at Souths the wheels started to fall off to the point where he had players walking out of pre season camps on him. He's not really done anything at club level of any note since 2015 ish.
2015 he got 13 wins. Enough to make the final any year but 2022 it seems.

Agree, we seem to be turning to a coach that has a pretty shonky record outside of a spine consisting of Keary, Reynolds, Api and Inglis.

I agree Madge has had his issues but I also think he is smart enough to have learned his lessons.
Also there just isn't a viable option.
First time head coach isn't the way to go.
JD shit the bed when he mouthed off on the way out.
No way Barrett gets near it.
People should get used to it , Madge is coming for 3 years.

2015 he got 13 wins. Enough to make the final any year but 2022 it seems.

Agree, we seem to be turning to a coach that has a pretty shonky record outside of a spine consisting of Keary, Reynolds, Api and Inglis.

That was the last year he did ok, 2015.

Imagine if at the start or the year, you could all look at yourselves through a magic window into the future discussing Michael fucking Maquire as the current ideal candidate for 2025

I don't think it matters who the next coach is... they're walking into a shit show of a 'big club' and they'll be starting about 2-3 weeks before preseason starts... good luck mate

I'm actually hopeful with how ruthless we have terminated Kevvie that this review may have woken us up a bit. I dont think we will run the risk of appointing a rookie coach because that will mean we are probably using 2025 as a year to get us sorted. I think they will go for somebody like Madge because they will think he is a safe pair of hands and a quick fix for the club.

Imagine if at the start or the year, you could all look at yourselves through a magic window into the future discussing Michael fucking Maquire as the current ideal candidate for 2025

Part of me still believes that a few on here don't care for his coaching ability, they just want to see his hard nosed 1980's "belt your kid with a leather strap" mentality.

Just on his coaching ability, he hasn't shown too much more than Kevvie when you really weigh it up. Madge got his team to win a GF, Kev fell just short. I'd argue the Penrith team we nearly beat would have beaten that Souths team although it's not really up for debate, this Penrith team is one of the best teams we will ever see.

That was the last year he did ok, 2015.
It's okay though. Theres three kinds of people dicks (madge), pussies(players), and assholes(fans). Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to **** all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want is to shit all over everything. So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes! And if they didn't **** the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!

I want Hannay. But I also wanted Seibold. So yeah.

I’m neither here nor there on Madge. Meh. More gen x yelly coaching to disconnect with gen z.

I wonder if we can get on the phone to Robbo? I think he could do something with our roster. The Roosters and Robbo could both use a fresh start tbh.

I'm actually hopeful with how ruthless we have terminated Kevvie that this review may have woken us up a bit. I dont think we will run the risk of appointing a rookie coach because that will mean we are probably using 2025 as a year to get us sorted. I think they will go for somebody like Madge because they will think he is a safe pair of hands and a quick fix for the club.
Madge is the only real option that can come into this situation... but I wonder how it sits with the playing group.

Less than 6 months ago he was the head coach of the team that caved Walsh's head in and then came out and defended the player that did it.

How would Madge sit with Walsh, Patty, Mam, Piaks, etc. who are intended to be the future of the club... I'm sure Haas, Reynolds and Staggs will be fine with him coming in, but 80% of our roster are Qld'ers and Reyno is gone in 12 months time, and Haas and Staggs look flighty whenever their contracts come up.

You would hope there's at least some input being requested from the leadership group on which coach they're bringing in, but considering they were 'blindsided' by Kevvie being sacked... then I'm not so sure there would be much thought about what the players think of their next coach.

I want Hannay. But I also wanted Seibold. So yeah.

I’m neither here nor there on Madge. Meh. More gen x yelly coaching to disconnect with gen z.

I wonder if we can get on the phone to Robbo? I think he could do something with our roster. The Roosters and Robbo could both use a fresh start tbh.
Bellamy seems to be able to connect with every generation and he yells plenty. I'm not sure Maguire is much of a yeller, but what we need is someone to lay down the law, give these fellas a role to achieve and be able to deal with them if they don't achieve it. He also just needs to fix their mindset to training and throw in a couple of set moves. Then finally create game plans for each game we have. If he yells and our gen z players get upset they can **** off for all I care.

Madge is the only real option that can come into this situation... but I wonder how it sits with the playing group.

Less than 6 months ago he was the head coach of the team that caved Walsh's head in and then came out and defended the player that did it.

How would Madge sit with Walsh, Patty, Mam, Piaks, etc. who are intended to be the future of the club... I'm sure Haas, Reynolds and Staggs will be fine with him coming in, but 80% of our roster are Qld'ers and Reyno is gone in 12 months time, and Haas and Staggs look flighty whenever their contracts come up.

You would hope there's at least some input being requested from the leadership group on which coach they're bringing in, but considering they were 'blindsided' by Kevvie being sacked... then I'm not so sure there would be much thought about what the players think of their next coach.
Who cares? If they don't want to play for a coach they can leave too. I'm tired of these blokes acting like they should have a say in what goes on at the club when they've achieved **** all themselves. And Reyno loved having Walters at the club because he was basically running the place. Hopefully that changes and he can focus on being the halfback, not the coach.

Bellamy seems to be able to connect with every generation and he yells plenty. I'm not sure Maguire is much of a yeller, but what we need is someone to lay down the law, give these fellas a role to achieve and be able to deal with them if they don't achieve it. He also just needs to fix their mindset to training and throw in a couple of set moves. Then finally create game plans for each game we have. If he yells and our gen z players get upset they can **** off for all I care.

Yelling doesn't get you anywhere, not in 2024.

People aren't intimidated anymore by yelling, there's no reason to be.

Bellamy has been caught yelling and screaming in the coaching box, players and fans think it's hilarious. Nobody is scared of that shit. It is not what gets results.

Yelling doesn't get you anywhere, not in 2024.

People aren't intimidated anymore by yelling, there's no reason to be.

Bellamy has been caught yelling and screaming in the coaching box, players and fans think it's hilarious. Nobody is scared of that shit. It is not what gets results.
Nobody is hiring a coach because they yell. That's not what Maguire is known for either so it's kind of irrelevant anyway.

I’m sure others would too. Melbourne get to have a good mix of both and look at how successful they are. Why aren’t their players getting home sick and running home? Because they’re successful.
They are raising them though, when you get them young there is less likely to be a missus who doesn't want to move etc.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • levikaden
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.