VOTE Who do you want as the next Brisbane Broncos coach?

Who do you want as the next Broncos coach?

• Total voters
Tend to agree, love Alf as a player and is a larrikan Bronco through and through but can't be partially pregnant with a new coach and setup...especially if reports are true he is a bit off put by the Walters sacking.
And to be fair, even with alf on the field as the trainer shouting instructions we still looked clueless.

Love him but it is a results based competition and we are not getting results.

They would've been criticized by someone if they made the call without conducting a review. End of the day Kev wasn't up to it and the right decision was made. "Witch hunt" and "Hatchet job" is pretty laughable but it is Hooper can can seemingly do nothing but speak and write in cliches and buzzwords. Kev did a hatchet job on his own career over the last 6-8 weeks of the season.

At least we didn't drag this out... But Kev and the players should have been fucking told before the fucking media.

So far only Reynolds has said they weren't told.

Maybe the loyal Kev clan weren't.

Yep, I have heaps of tin foil

So far only Reynolds has said they weren't told.

Maybe the loyal Kev clan weren't.

Yep, I have heaps of tin foil

DD pretty much admitted that it was leaked before the players were able to be informed

Good for him, the Rorters could use another supporter to help them get into the double digits of supporter base.
If the Broncos keep going this way i will be supporting a nsw team anyway.

Staggs Haas and Reyno with a NSW coach.
Who's next to join the NSW Broncos?
Joey and Freddy as assistants? Gus as R&R?
Exciting times to be a QLDer i guess?

Half this fucking forum is from Sydney. Who gives a flying ****. We haven’t won didly squat in nearly 2 decades and we have had about a handful of genuinely good seasons since. Qld isn’t producing enough quality in any facet to be a Qld orientated club when the acquisition of the limited Qld products both coaching, players and organisational resources especially when you think how saturated the demand for the limited supply of said resources is. We can’t survive and thrive in this manner anymore. You either want to win or you want to live in the glory days that were built upon in a very different era and environment.

As much as there is an important level of Qld identity to this club good luck winning anything solely relying on it. You will get chewed up and spat out with that attitude.

Ok new rule ... No one from NSW is allowed to coach / play for / Support the Brisbane Broncos.

I was hoping we'd win another title before I die ... Probably not though.

With that above rule, looks like we should be choosing between Hook or Hannay. We should probably choose hook, so we don't chew up and spit out another rookie

I don't remember rejecting the premierships that Lazzo, Matterson and Chris Johns helped us win...

The Brissie Lions, who absolutely destroyed their opponents on the weekend are full of blokes from all across the country, a minority of them from Qld. Saw on the news fans up there falling over themselves celebrating and trying to get amongst it at their welcome home celebrations. Who cares where players are from! Lions fans certainly don't.

The Brissie Lions, who absolutely destroyed their opponents on the weekend are full of blokes from all across the country, a minority of them from Qld. Saw on the news fans up there falling over themselves celebrating and trying to get amongst it at their welcome home celebrations. Who cares where players are from! Lions fans certainly don't.
State of origin means something in league unlike AFL. The idea of having the bloke who just beat us a few months ago at the helm is uncomfortable to say the least.

State of origin means something in league unlike AFL. The idea of having the bloke who just beat us a few months ago at the helm is uncomfortable to say the least.
Surely though mate, if that coach is giving you an increased chance of tasting real success, it shouldn't matter where he is from when it comes down to it. In the English Premier League, where hatred runs deep across county and international lines, those clubs just throw insane amounts of money at the very best available coach. Scottish, Italian, Liverpool scouser, doesn't matter where they were born if they know what it takes to win the big leagues.

What's the point of having a true blue, dinky dye Qld'er as your coach if it means coming mid ladder each year. Kev certainly didn't look like he was improving the team to any great length. Slater? Myth and completely schooled by Madge in origin. Hannay? Complete rookie and huge risk. Who else you got up there that could handle the gig? And please don't say the Walker Brothers.

Ok new rule ... No one from NSW is allowed to coach / play for / Support the Brisbane Broncos.

I was hoping we'd win another title before I die ... Probably not though.

With that above rule, looks like we should be choosing between Hook or Hannay. We should probably choose hook, so we don't chew up and spit out another rookie
We should hand back all our previous titles, as they are tainted by the Lazarus signing. Not to mention having Matterson and Johns since day one.

RIP Broncos DNA 1988-1988.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • johnyE
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosMan
  • lakers133334
  • Scdeac
  • davidp
  • Lurker
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • bb_gun
  • Dexter
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Gaz
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.