VOTE Who is the better player? Tallis v Gillett.

Who is the better Second-rower?

• Gorden Tallis

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Matt Gillett

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
For me, people voting Gillett ahead of Tallis, is like the people who voted Josh Hoffman into the top 30 Broncos players of all time.

Either too young to know the history of the club, or not able to distinguish between a great 12-18 months and a great career.

Gillett, at present, wouldn't even make the top 5 of all time great Broncos backrowers, and Tallis would be number 1.
I grew up watching miles, matterson (greatly underrated) and company. Yes tallis was an inspirational attacking player but he was a long way from perfect. I don't think gillet is perfect either but the amount of work he does, mistakes are bound to happen. If you look at what gillet did in the last minutes of the game against the titans, I dont remember tallis ever doing, after playing the entire game. And that's the point, he never gets a rest, and does the small unnoticed things, like pressuring a kicker for that 1 in a hundred chance, or pulling off a try-saving tackle, then lining up for the next one.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • YeahNahMate
  • Bucking Beads
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • broncoscope
  • upthebroncs
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Redfern_1980
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.