Who should be our coach in 2014?

Who should coach the Brisbane Broncos in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think Griffin can ever be anything more than "solid" at best. He's just Wayne Bennett, "the not so good version". Even if he doesn't dud it up like for the past 2 years, I'd still be looking at getting someone better, just like we got Edwards and Corvo. As the richest and most powerful club in the NRL, we shouldn't settle for mediocrity.

100% agree with you.

I don't think we saw the best of B. Hunt, Hannant, McCullough, McGuire, Glenn, Gillett, Thaiday, Granville, Oates, Copley, Kahu etc. and I'm looking forward to how these players perform with a support player of the ability of Barba running off them. I'd imagine Parker and Gillett may become even more lethal close to the line.

The glass half empty maybe right, but I'm content with being half full at this stage of the season.

With the team we have, if they play 100% every week could beat any team in the comp. The negativity on this forum is ridiculous. We had a bad year. We have bought well. We have 5 players who could play 5/8 well, or bad. It's completely unknown. How many games did we lose by a couple of points this year? By 1 missed tackle or a poor reffing decision? Or Lachlan Maranta.. The Grand Finalists only beat us 8-0 and we played poorly.

I don't think we saw the best of B. Hunt, Hannant, McCullough, McGuire, Glenn, Gillett, Thaiday, Granville, Oates, Copley, Kahu etc. and I'm looking forward to how these players perform with a support player of the ability of Barba running off them. I'd imagine Parker and Gillett may become even more lethal close to the line.

The glass half empty maybe right, but I'm content with being half full at this stage of the season.

The one I'm looking forward to most tbh. Finally, a proper pre-season as a starting half. His body will be conditioned to reflect his new position, so I'll be interested to see what he can do.

With the team we have, if they play 100% every week could beat any team in the comp. The negativity on this forum is ridiculous. We had a bad year. We have bought well. We have 5 players who could play 5/8 well, or bad. It's completely unknown. How many games did we lose by a couple of points this year? By 1 missed tackle or a poor reffing decision? Or Lachlan Maranta.. The Grand Finalists only beat us 8-0 and we played poorly.

I'd say you're somewhat delusional champ. We have had 2 terrible seasons not just one, regardless whether we made in the 8 in 2012 we limped into the finals and got belted by the cowboys.

The Mole in today's League Week says that Griffin has been given ten games to "show improvement" or he's gone.

I'd say you're somewhat delusional champ. We have had 2 terrible seasons not just one, regardless whether we made in the 8 in 2012 we limped into the finals and got belted by the cowboys.

I forgot ... if you have faith and hope that we can turn things around this year your delusional ... the only way we should be looking at things is like you, completely negative, glass empty, worst case scenario :rolleyes:

2012 was a terrible season only in that it set us up for a terrible 2013, on the field finishing 8th after the amount of terrible luck and the fact we were adjusting to life without Lockyer would have been a pass on anyone's test. Anybody expecting a prelim finish had their heads in the clouds.

By the same token, right now, 2013 appears to be a write off in a lot of ways but let's say the likes of Kahu, Oates kick on and the signings make a huge difference, then 2013 essentially becomes the recovery year.

Like I said earlier, I'm 100% in favour of looking for another coach... but I'm not in favour if mid season firings. That seems to hurt teams in subsequent seasons. Well, unless it's the only way to get a top tier coach, then I'd take the risk.

2012 was a terrible season only in that it set us up for a terrible 2013, on the field finishing 8th after the amount of terrible luck and the fact we were adjusting to life without Lockyer would have been a pass on anyone's test. Anybody expecting a prelim finish had their heads in the clouds.

By the same token, right now, 2013 appears to be a write off in a lot of ways but let's say the likes of Kahu, Oates kick on and the signings make a huge difference, then 2013 essentially becomes the recovery year.

Halfway through the 2012 season, we were coming second. Griffin then signed a contract extension and since then, we've been going downhill big time.

What are you trying to say?

That the 2012 season was not as bad as everyone thought it was. We were cruising until Griffin signed that extension.

I'm just saying that it was "Lockyer who?" for a short time (OK, we weren't going that well).

Oh okay, I thought you were trying to blame the decline on something trivial like a coach signing onto an extension.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.