VOTE Who should play for our right center?

Who do you think should play at right center

• James Roberts

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Gehamat Shibasaki

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • David Fifita

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Jaydn Su’A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Kennar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Izaia Perese

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Others

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

BroncsFan

NRL Player
Didn't we use the Oates play last year too, or am I remembering wrong?
Only off the scrum from memory... we basically setup a normal block play off the scrum with Oates as the second rower (because he is one) and a lot of the time milf would go short to him as the lead runner

Rookie Alan

NYC Player
I believe defense win the title. Even James’ best day, his defense is questionable.

The last several seasons we don’t have a clear structure or system to follow, so sometimes we beat top 4 because of our players putting on incredible show, sometimes we could lose to some teams sitting on the bottom of the ladder.

Roberts can be really inspirational with his speed, but he can only play well under certain coach under certain circumstances or even certain weather...... if I’ve got choice, I would rather have our team play under the system and can match any team even most of the players have a poor day, instead of hoping certain player acting like a hero win us a match or two. The bond between Roberts and Bennett is clearly long term, which is definitely not Seibold’s case, and I seriously doubt Roberts are that professional.

john1420

NRL Player
Roberts is the FAR more talented but Shiba is the FAR more dedicated. Jimmy needs to earn his place back. He couldn't care less (perceptionally anyway) against the Rabbits so that sort of attitude is toxic. Seeing his side play like they did last night without him should light the fire in his belly. That is what it means to play for the jersey by 17 blokes who want to be there.

Someone who disrespected the jersey like Roberts did against Souths, well, I don't want them anywhere near the side until he addresses that pathetic attitude.
In terms of what it does for team mentality and culture, you pick dedication over talent every single time

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Jimmy is a gun. Shibba is an honest kind of footy player but jimmy is a match winner.
It's funny, Roberts has all the speed, elusiveness and x-factor you would want from a player but he's only scored the match-winning try once in his entire time with us.

He was a lot like Folau. Excellent at scoring an early try or when the result was already decided but very few when it actually mattered.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
It's funny, Roberts has all the speed, elusiveness and x-factor you would want from a player but he's only scored the match-winning try once in his entire time with us.

He was a lot like Folau. Excellent at scoring an early try or when the result was already decided but very few when it actually mattered.
Oh wow really? I feel like it's happened more than once. I guess some of his tries stick in my mind more. He's still a weapon.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Maybe not match winners, but how many has he scored against the run of play? Or from outside the 20? Certainly feels like it would be a decent list, which I guess is the thing...his tries always seem to stick out because they're rarely run of the mill, set play stuff. There's always him putting the step on a defender or leaving the chasers in his dust.

Morkel

International Captain

Straight off the top of my head, the one against the Roosters is probably the one you're referring to. It may not have been a match-winner, but he scored one almost identical against the Cowboys when we were behind by 6. Got us even & Milford kicked the FG. Just as important IMO.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Straight off the top of my head, the one against the Roosters is probably the one you're referring to. It may not have been a match-winner, but he scored one almost identical against the Cowboys when we were behind by 6. Got us even & Milford kicked the FG. Just as important IMO.
I agree with that about his try winning the game against the Roosters. It was a game winning play because it changed the game. You dont always have to score the winning try to have a massive impact on the game.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Still a shame he only pulls those plays out once in a blue moon. There's a reason Renouf was the first ever player to be offered 1mil\season.

Rookie Alan

NYC Player
Maybe not match winners, but how many has he scored against the run of play? Or from outside the 20? Certainly feels like it would be a decent list, which I guess is the thing...his tries always seem to stick out because they're rarely run of the mill, set play stuff. There's always him putting the step on a defender or leaving the chasers in his dust.
That’s the reason he’s considered as ‘X’ factor, his try, his speed is always inspirational, but he’s never ever playing within the system.

Why he always seems stick out? Because he always aim to intercept, you see Roberts jump out of our defense line all the time, that’s his laziness, he put his own heroic show above his teammates’ efforts.

If Roberts is a two-edge sword, his old man probably is the only one know how to use it, but even him think he’s got way too many other better options than Roberts.

When I started this vote, I literally didn’t think there’d be so many people still prefer Roberts, but guess everyone likes hero.

This kinda reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo at very early stage when he played for Manchester United (soccer), he played out of the team ( but he’s 17 then and Roberts now are 27) and under great coach he understands the team work and now he’s achieved so much.

A professional rugby league player at age of 27 still doesn’t know the importance of the teamwork, no matter what talent he has or used to have, he’s no good to me and imo no good to the team.

I won’t be surprised if Seibold has already told Roberts to look elsewhere......

Reactions: Dee

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
That’s the reason he’s considered as ‘X’ factor, his try, his speed is always inspirational, but he’s never ever playing within the system.

Why he always seems stick out? Because he always aim to intercept, you see Roberts jump out of our defense line all the time, that’s his laziness, he put his own heroic show above his teammates’ efforts.

If Roberts is a two-edge sword, his old man probably is the only one know how to use it, but even him think he’s got way too many other better options than Roberts.

When I started this vote, I literally didn’t think there’d be so many people still prefer Roberts, but guess everyone likes hero.

This kinda reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo at very early stage when he played for Manchester United (soccer), he played out of the team ( but he’s 17 then and Roberts now are 27) and under great coach he understands the team work and now he’s achieved so much.

A professional rugby league player at age of 27 still doesn’t know the importance of the teamwork, no matter what talent he has or used to have, he’s no good to me and imo no good to the team.

I won’t be surprised if Seibold has already told Roberts to look elsewhere......
You've misinterpreted my post, I was responding to Super Freak and his comment about only the one match winning try. I don't prefer Roberts and he certainly isn't my Hero. As great as he can be, he's far too inconsistent.

Morepudding

NRL Player
I completely understand that Seibold wants roberts to improve his defence / bit more effort etc / maybe even is trying to get him to ask for a release.

I do think we need better centre depth next year if roberts leaves. Shibasaki, I dunno. sure he is alright in defence, but he is slow, makes a few mistakes and doesn't have much attacking threat about him at all.

Hopefully Roberts pulls his finger out and gets back in the team, or we release him and get someone else.

theshed

NRL Player
I completely understand that Seibold wants roberts to improve his defence / bit more effort etc / maybe even is trying to get him to ask for a release.

I do think we need better centre depth next year if roberts leaves. Shibasaki, I dunno. sure he is alright in defence, but he is slow, makes a few mistakes and doesn't have much attacking threat about him at all.

Hopefully Roberts pulls his finger out and gets back in the team, or we release him and get someone else.
Someone like Jack Bird?

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
When it comes to important tries, Roberts hasn't scored many of those either.

This was one of my concerns with him when it was first reported that he was leaving the Titans. He is very inconsistent for a player of his calibre.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter

Upgrade to a Contributor Account to remove advertising