Who'll be our enforcer?

HIS* !!! This again?!
But I disagree with this post.. Sims showed last year what he can do as a starter. He'll play the same role Blaire played for us just with better metres. He hits hard, he pressures opposition halves and is good for a little niggle. He also has a great up standing offload similar to players like woods and Inglis. Hard to tackle. Hits good lines. We'll have a really skillful and tough hitting starting front row and I'm excited about it

I agree with what you said 100% but tell me would you rather him have that impact at exhausted props or fresh props and second rowers.

If Lodge can put out half the metres of Blair...he'll be going backwards, so I don't think we need to worry much there about getting more impact out of Lodge in that regards. Blair was absolute garbage in the back half of last year. He was great in 2015...basically horrid the rest of the time here, so I really don't think we lose anything at all with him gone, I really don't.

Sims needs to step up on what he produced last year as well. Defensively he hits as hard as anyone but he needs to make metres too, otherwise he might as well be an old school lock. He has shown the ability to do it, just very few and far between in terms of his great games and meh games. If he doesn't produce what he is capable of consistently, he will find himself back in reserve grade given there seem to be plenty of guys snapping at his heels. I actually think this is a crucial season for Sims.

Blair was bad last year no doubt about. I think lodge will add a good deal of starch to our forward pack. With sims and Moose right there with him.

Blair was bad last year no doubt about. I think lodge will add a good deal of starch to our forward pack. With sims and Moose right there with him.
I remember Gillo was want to rush out of the line and put a hit on someone. Then one game it was mistimed and he genuinely hurt himself. I think by the time he was right again the shoulder charge rule was in and so he dropped it all together. Still, he can very well shorten an opponent up when he wants to. He keeps the fact quiet which makes him all the more effective.

I remember Gillo was want to rush out of the line and put a hit on someone. Then one game it was mistimed and he genuinely hurt himself. I think by the time he was right again the shoulder charge rule was in and so he dropped it all together. Still, he can very well shorten an opponent up when he wants to. He keeps the fact quiet which makes him all the more effective.

He’s come off second best a few times while trying to put a shot on, he gets himself in a pretty shit body position when he does rush up so if the attacker has a chance to brace for impact they’ll more than likely win the collision.

You havin a laugh?

Hodges had the mental edge over every opponent. He might not have been doing the tackling but every player on the opposition team knew he was there and was going to cut them to ribbons the moment an opportunity appeared.

I’m not saying size is everything, but it’s how you use it. McGuire is aggressive no one can deny that but he doesn’t dominate people enough to have a true enforcer title. I’m not saying McGuire can’t be our enforcer either I’m just saying he hasn’t really been that yet.
Adam Blair wasn’t the biggest guy on our team but he was more of an enforcer then McGuire was.
WHAAAAAAT?! Adam Blair was a fucking cat in his last season for us. He dog shotted and was a true grub. He made no running metres he couldn't break a tackle for the life of him. He roughed up players but it was never one and one. McGuire on the other hand had fire and heart and he puts more fear into the opposition than Blair ever did. Blair was just a pest which was a good thing in his first season with broncos not so much his last for us.

You havin a laugh?
No, not at all. He was intimidating. He was an enforcer with his mere presence. He was a great sledger and a great leader. Those brutish 10 plus meter runs from dummy half would have been demoralizing to the opposition. They just couldn't stop him. He was an enforcer for sure.

I think it was Greg Inglis that once said - Hodges is one of the strongest players he has ever played with or against.

Last edited:
WHAAAAAAT?! Adam Blair was a fucking cat in his last season for us. He dog shotted and was a true grub. He made no running metres he couldn't break a tackle for the life of him. He roughed up players but it was never one and one. McGuire on the other hand had fire and heart and he puts more fear into the opposition than Blair ever did. Blair was just a pest which was a good thing in his first season with broncos not so much his last for us.

Adam Blair is the only person I saw last year to put Matt Scott on his ass in one of the best shots of the I’ve ever seen. I see McGuire more as a niggler rather than an out and out enforcer.

I've heard it all from this forum... "McGuire can't dominate other forwards" seriously what do you some of yous watch. He made Fifita and Woods his bitch in origin 2 and 3. McGuire has been the broncos enforcer for years now. Lodge will add to this. Next topic.

*Physically dominate* he can and does often dominate forwards through his heart and never say die attitude I’ll never deny that.

I don't think McGuire is an enforcer.

Boyd, Cement, Spud, Bundy, Chief, the Brick etc.....they were enforcers. Blokes who you looked up to see if you were running at them. Blokes who when they ran, people knew "this is going to hurt a bit". Blokes who could intimidate.

Don't think people look up to see if they are running at McGuire. Don't think anyone says "gee not looking forward to tackling him".

McGuire is a good player; but not an enforcer.

ps Fafita and Woods are soft.

I don't think McGuire is an enforcer.

Boyd, Cement, Spud, Bundy, Chief, the Brick etc.....they were enforcers. Blokes who you looked up to see if you were running at them. Blokes who when they ran, people knew "this is going to hurt a bit". Blokes who could intimidate.

Don't think people look up to see if they are running at McGuire. Don't think anyone says "gee not looking forward to tackling him".

McGuire is a good player; but not an enforcer.

ps Fafita and Woods are soft.

Isn’t that what Lodge will be?

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • bert_lifts
  • Big Del
  • leish107
  • ettybay
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • BruiserMk1
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Scdeac
  • sooticus
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.