Why Bellamy doesn't coach the Broncos

He was .... but rumour has it that JD is now the front runner (should he do the smart thing and stay away from the Titans)

Unless it’s a master plan by Bennett. Send JD to the coast to get a few years of NRL experience as a head coach, bring him and Ash Taylor with him back into the fold in a couple of years when Bennett is ready to hang up the coaching hat...

**** you Cullen and your ultimatum.

It would have been interesting to see what he could've done with the Broncos without the big names he had in Melbourne.

Lmao just imagine us getting Green after he signed JT13 to a 10 year deal. If Green goes I can see the Cows falling apart big time.

I wouldn't rule out Bellamy tho, he'll either retire or sound us out after Smith retires. Talk about how good he is with journeymen all you want, but he's nothing without Smith: he'll want to retire on 'top' or come to a club with the resources we have. I mean, it'd be good for our roster and TPAs because people legitimately think he's a super coach, but I'd prefer someone like Green.
uh...Melbourne is doing pretty well in the resources department.

What about the Walker brothers?? I think they would work well with all of our attacking players.

What about the Walker brothers?? I think they would work well with all of our attacking players.
I don't think we should be the first club to experiment with their gung ho style.

let someone else be the guinea pig.

If JD DOES GO, I'd like to see Hodgo brought in to the ranks, and then follow the path of kevin walters.. he seemed to work well with the u20 boys.

Kind of off topic but I'm very interested to see if and how Cam Smith's coaching career goes. He has essentially been assistant coach for the most successful club, origin, and international team for the last few years.

He gave the half time speech against us, and Belly happily stood back and allowed him to do so. Even in the post match pressers, he speaks more like a coach than a player, in fact he sounds more like a coach than most coaches.

uh...Melbourne is doing pretty well in the resources department.

Melbourne aren't on our level. Getting extremely lucky with other clubs' juniors doesn't suddenly elevate them. Let's see if they can handle life without Smith like we have done in the past when Langer etc retired, and we achieved more with our greats of the past than they have with theirs so far.

Long term the Broncos will march on and finish in the top 8/4 pretty much every season. I doubt we'll make the same mistake of appointing blokes like Griffin and Henjak as head coach ever again either. Bellamy and Green both have personal ties to Brisbane as well.

Melbourne aren't on our level. Getting extremely lucky with other clubs' juniors doesn't suddenly elevate them. Let's see if they can handle life without Smith like we have done in the past when Langer etc retired, and we achieved more with our greats of the past than they have with theirs so far.

Long term the Broncos will march on and finish in the top 8/4 pretty much every season. I doubt we'll make the same mistake of appointing blokes like Griffin and Henjak as head coach ever again either. Bellamy and Green both have personal ties to Brisbane as well.

Calling it luck is a bit dismissive.

Not to mention when Smith, Cronk, Slater retire they have B. Smith, Croft, and Munster to take their place while freeing up millions of cap dollars. If they lash out of an established half and update their forward pack they won't miss the finals any time soon either.

Calling it luck is a bit dismissive.

Not to mention when Smith, Cronk, Slater retire they have B. Smith, Croft, and Munster to take their place while freeing up millions of cap dollars. If they lash out of an established half and update their forward pack they won't miss the finals any time soon either.
Tend to agree but we're yet to see those guys play week in week out (minus munster who's a star already). They may flatter to deceive or they could blossom, the grind of the NRL is a bit different to the grind of Q Cup.

They do seemingly have a good succession plan set up though, they are a well run club, though I don't think we have anything to be envious about.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Morepudding
  • GCBRONCO
  • porouian
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • jarro65
  • Battler
  • Spooky1013
  • Brocko
  • RodF
  • BroncosMan
  • Totally Unr3al
  • vertigo
  • jd87
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.