Why Cherry-Evans should never grace the QLD jumper again.

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Prior to last Saturday night's audition for the best fake soccer injury award, I wasn't too opposed to him running out in QLD colours so long as his form was consistent and if he learned from mistakes that marred his performance in representive football.

I could understand people being upset with him over the salary backflip but, seriously, if that much money was being offered to you, wouldn't you?

Since then I've been following his career and was pleased that he was starting to play back to his potential. However being in NSW (and especially at bloody Manly), his altitude became more self absorbed and arrogant. With a few wins strung along he started believing in his own hype. That blatant dive shows why he should never wear a QLD jumper ever again. The QLD team does not want to be associated with players that care only for their glory (Norman) or play grubby like Gallen, Farrah, Pearce (basically the NSW team). I don't think Cherry-Evans understands what it means to be true QLDer anymore. /end rant

Boyd said he would have done the same in order to get his team the advantage and to stop a try in the post match interview.

Yeah, I don't want him in the QLD side either, but diving is pretty much at the bottom of the reasons why. He's not the only QLDer who dives, and there have even been Broncos players taking advantage of the rules like that too.

Ah, I don't really care. I'd pick a convicted murderer to play for Qld. Result is all that matters in this arena.

He was dead to me the moment he put himself ahead of the team and played on one leg and shat the bed as a result
Thurston did that too. Might be doing similar now too. Wants to keep his record going

When did Thurston play busted and shit the bed?

Dude lost the only series in a decade. Game 1 you could forgive because he didn't expect to play most of the match at 7, but even then in that team you don't forget how to play halfback. Game 2 was inexcusable. Yes we had injuries in the forwards in Parker and Papa, but he's still the key difference in what was an unbeatable side.

That and he's a Manly **** and **** those guys

By the time Cronk is gone I think Taylor will be ready to be the permanent number 7 anyway. I'm not opposed to Cherry-Evans playing again if form warrants it. To be honest the few games he has played off the bench he has been great just the few starting he was way too sideways for your halfback. His kicking game and defence are very underrated. Just he comes across as a massive belter. The way he talks in the media is just different. I'm still rooting for Taylor though. I hold hope that one day he will come back.

I wouldn't mind seeing DCE in Origin... in a filthy blue jersey, which would suit the arsehole perfectly!

He could single-handedly make diehard maroons fans not watch if he were picked, I reckon his papers have been marked but of course no one will say that in the media.

He could single-handedly make diehard maroons fans not watch if he were picked, I reckon his papers have been marked but of course no one will say that in the media.
The titans back flip showed everyone the type of person he really was/is.

Everything he does is for DCE and DCE alone. And that is exactly the opposite attitude that QLD stands for.

He's out of contention based on Mal's comments tonight. Am I disappointed? No. The guy's a flake who should never don a maroon jersey again. Give it to whoever, just not him.

I'd rather lose than see him tank it up for another series.

He's out of contention based on Mal's comments tonight. Am I disappointed? No. The guy's a flake who should never don a maroon jersey again. Give it to whoever, just not him.

I'd rather lose than see him tank it up for another series.
Mal also admitted he did not help with DCE and could have done a better job for him and QLD

Wow bagging a guy for taking double the money and locking it in for 10 years.

A few on here levitating above the rest of us.

Wow bagging a guy for taking double the money and locking it in for 10 years.

A few on here levitating above the rest of us.

The guy was constantly reassuring the Titans that he will definitely be there next year, when he clearly had no intention of sticking to his word. Not to mention they got rid of Sezer to accomodate him. Titans offer was pretty damn good from memory too. Saying the Manly one was double is a stretch.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.