NEWS Why Isaako chose Brisbane over the Roosters

like to see him do more general play kicking esp when we are stuck deep in our own half.

Milf and knik piddling them back to half way have been putting us under too much pressure recently.
Milf has a solid boot on him. I've been pleasantly surprised. Hard for any kicker when on the back foot to make metres when stuck deep in your own half.

Isaako is still young. I'd wouldn't judge him at fulback until he trains in the pre-season there and they work a few plays around him. I think we need boyd at left centre (unless opacic gets another run) so isaako is there by default. The other option is kahu at fullback, but you shouldn't be swapping spine players out after a couple of games anyway and im not sure kahu would offer anything different except some better passing and less pace.
We should more patient with those key attacking roles. It takes a long time to build to your best in them. knik, hunt, isaako etc have all been victims of a swap shop sort of selection policy.
The concern from thursday wasn't our backs anyway it was our forwards and halves (not their abilities, their strategy and efforts).
I think Tevita had a pretty ordinary game and i think in a way he was trying too hard and getting frustrated. It led to him compiling errors. Thaiday was ordinary (first game for a while, so i'm not panicking), as was lodge. Offa hit hard and was ok but not outstanding in attack, and 2nd row defence was lacking (again nothing to panic about).
Forwards just need to re-focus between now and the next game, working on the edge defence in particular. Our halves though, have to be smarter in the way they play. Early kicks to the corners is ok, so long as your forwards and outside backs back you up. When they don't there's not a huge amount you can do unfortunately, so touch finders and more communication is required.
Korbin Simms was amazing when he came on, not because he was trying harder, but because he obviously didn't have the laringitis everyone else seemed to have and talked in both defence and attack.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Santa
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • levikaden
  • heartly87
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • spanky
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • marw
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.