NEWS Why Jamayne Isaako wants to replace Anthony Milford as Brisbane’s fullback

He is bulkier than he was back then. He needs a pre-season. Billy Slater wasn't a big guy but he was better than every other fb you mentioned. Kinda convenient you always leave him out of your arguments.
[/QUOTE}

I also leave matt bowen and clive churchill out of the argument because they dont fucking play anymore

Isaako's defensive reads are utterly mind numbing. He is no FB at this point in his career.

Yes, Slater is a long time retired. Completely not relevant to modern day fullbacks

Last edited:
Like cronk could never be a half ? He has more than enough dedication to do it . That one pass he threw back on the inside the other week, it was more than I've ever seen milf throw recently. It's bit different running back at a defensive line running towards you than hitting a hole . Just go back to the roosters game last year and tell me the kid can't run.

He has dedication with his kicking, the rest of his game im seeing very little progression. Cronk is on another level to him, plus i think Cronk is just one of the smartest footballers ever to grace the field.

He can run, but the type of run he made against the Roosters isnt him bringing the ball back. When he hits the ball up he barely makes a dent for a bloke his size. Ever since i've seen him at Souths and in the team at Brisbane i just dont see a fullback. These passes are the exception rather than the rule. We need to see a lot more ( probably a bit difficult on the wing tbf ) of that in his game. In terms of his running, i can only think of that break against the Roosters and a run he made in pre season against the Titans in a Broncos jersey.

He has dedication with his kicking, the rest of his game im seeing very little progression. Cronk is on another level to him, plus i think Cronk is just one of the smartest footballers ever to grace the field.

He can run, but the type of run he made against the Roosters isnt him bringing the ball back. When he hits the ball up he barely makes a dent for a bloke his size. Ever since i've seen him at Souths and in the team at Brisbane i just dont see a fullback. These passes are the exception rather than the rule. We need to see a lot more ( probably a bit difficult on the wing tbf ) of that in his game. In terms of his running, i can only think of that break against the Roosters and a run he made in pre season against the Titans in a Broncos jersey.
His running into the line is stymied by that stupid little air skip he does. Save that for the tryline and have intention of going either way. Otherwise all it does is allow the opposition to make contact with you while you are in the air and win the wrestle.

Yeah I'm definitely not saying he will be a great fullback but I think he's very capable, and like you said it's hard to get better at these things if you're not getting the opportunity to.
I'm all for giving Milford the preseason to make fullback his position , but if he's going to play and be used the way he is then no thanks.

The question that is nagging me is - why are we discussing ONE 'potential' replacement when the Storm has been able to throw out three or four perfectly well rounded and formed FBs this year?

He hasn't shown any ball playing so far, and his running game is certainly no Tedesco or anything either. They might put him there because all of the budget will be going to the forwards though.

Milford not defending against backrowers and centres is a big tick [emoji3581] for me.

Just watched the Milford 2014 highlights and I have no doubts if we had legit halves and he was attacking out wider like how he was for the raiders, he’d still cut teams to shreds.

Last edited:
Yes, Slater is a long time retired. Completely not relevant to modern day fullbacks

Slater was a physical freak in how fit he was. He never gave up and was always busy. Even when he was brilliant, milf was lazy at Canberra.

Slater was a physical freak in how fit he was. He never gave up and was always busy. Even when he was brilliant, milf was lazy at Canberra.
This is why i have issues with milf at 1 , he's not a busy player. Slater, paps, teddy and turbo are all busy players. I'm glad someone else sees this, he needs to be more involved. I also believe he's been given to much to do but he'll never be great without more involvement, even off the ball.

Yeah I'm definitely not saying he will be a great fullback but I think he's very capable, and like you said it's hard to get better at these things if you're not getting the opportunity to.
I'm all for giving Milford the preseason to make fullback his position , but if he's going to play and be used the way he is then no thanks.

Isn't that Seibold's call? In which case, Milf's performance at the back is largely determined by factors out of his control. It's a pity he is being fettered being forced to play a game determined by the flaws in our halves

Isn't that Seibold's call? In which case, Milf's performance at the back is largely determined by factors out of his control. It's a pity he is being fettered being forced to play a game determined by the flaws in our halves
To a certain extent yes , but milf has never been that Energizer type. He's always blowing , I think it's just his make up.

This is why i have issues with milf at 1 , he's not a busy player. Slater, paps, teddy and turbo are all busy players. I'm glad someone else sees this, he needs to be more involved. I also believe he's been given to much to do but he'll never be great without more involvement, even off the ball.
Spot on. Paps ran about 300 metres tonight. He was just everywhere, he was supporting players, involved in backline movements, set plays and didnt shirk the hard yards.

You think about the elite fullbacks and they are competitors and just want to win at every aspect of the game. Im not sure if milf has the attitude or endurance to do that (yet).

But as others have stated, we will have to wait until he only has to play one position for the team, not several.

Last edited:
How are our fullback stocks for next season looking?

Seen some good things from Reece Walsh, but think he is at least another year off.

Got Nui, but I'm not sure if he is a fullback?

Just signed Jesse Arthurs to play fullback?

Got Isaako, but is he a fullback or better on the wing?

Got Milford, but is he a fullback or a five-eight?

Obviously the coach has changed. And it’s just whether you think the greatest coach of all time had the right read or seibs has the right read.

neither actually...ive watched 30 years worth of Rugby league and ill trust my own set of eyes to make such determination....he cant be a modern day fullback full stop...
[automerge]1567836807[/automerge]
Like cronk could never be a half ? He has more than enough dedication to do it . That one pass he threw back on the inside the other week, it was more than I've ever seen milf throw recently. It's bit different running back at a defensive line running towards you than hitting a hole . Just go back to the roosters game last year and tell me the kid can't run.

...not only that....that inside pass would have been 2-3 sets in the making BEFORE he threw it....game management of the highest order...

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.