Why panic?

Exactly. I think Cameo meant that Seymour was meant to be orsm, however didn't turn out so great. He's not doing to bad for the Sharks mind you...not setting the4 world on fire, but far more solid then when he was with us.

There's no reason for panic,

Most years of late we start the season with a 5 star team and high hopes; we win a few, not enough tho and go quietly into the night at years end after mid year slump, small fight back and blame it all on rep footy and injuries. While next year we'll have a weak pack, no quality hooker, a new back line, new coach and very little depth... sounds perfect.

Chumba said:

Most years of late we start the season with a 5 star team and high hopes; we win a few, not enough tho and go quietly into the night at years end after mid year slump, small fight back and blame it all on rep footy and injuries. While next year we'll have a weak pack, no quality hooker, a new back line, new coach and very little depth... sounds perfect.

This year you can't not blame injuries, stupido brain explosion suspensions, and Origin, and I still don't think we're a real chance of winning without Lockyer, and to a lesser extent, Wallace.

Well next year, I reckon our pack is ok although another good prop would be handy, Marsh should suffice as hooker given Locky and Wallace continue their combination, we'll have Folau who with Hodges can be match-winners, Henjak is no fool and our depth I reckon is not that bad.

For mine, it's 2010 that's the real worry - unless we retain Wallace, start grooming a 5/8 for Locky's eventual retirement and develop a real leader and organizer.

this only person that should be panicking is rnabokov and his 100.

Hammo said:
this only person that should be panicking is rnabokov and his 100.

Aaaargh - hand me the valium now! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I'm gonna panic cos I can't find Statler! :P

rnabokov said:
Chumba said:

This year you can't not blame injuries, stupido brain explosion suspensions, and Origin, and I still don't think we're a real chance of winning without Lockyer, and to a lesser extent, Wallace.

Well next year, I reckon our pack is ok although another good prop would be handy, Marsh should suffice as hooker given Locky and Wallace continue their combination, we'll have Folau who with Hodges can be match-winners, Henjak is no fool and our depth I reckon is not that bad.

For mine, it's 2010 that's the real worry - unless we retain Wallace, start grooming a 5/8 for Locky's eventual retirement and develop a real leader and organizer.

mmmmm... Sure of course clubs would be thinking long term, but the short term counts for something also, I am of the belief that Broncos can win another premiership under Lockyer, which in today's game, would be a great achievement imo.
Surely, there must be some form of movement towards this goal.

Hammo said:
Exactly. I think Cameo meant that Seymour was meant to be orsm, however didn't turn out so great. He's not doing to bad for the Sharks mind you...not setting the4 world on fire, but far more solid then when he was with us.

Absolutely, but it has been a lot of years since he was widely touted for greatness.

Seymour is, IMO, a great example of why Bennett usually refuses to throw kids into the top grade too early.

Too true mick!

Some posters [icon_shady want the next big thing. they want them for cheap, and if per chance such kid slips through, it's the coaches fault. Then when kid goes off rails and is playing park footy (by age 20), it is time to cut losses and look for next big thing.

Disposable sports stars!

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Manifesto
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.