NEWS Why the Broncos went hard to secure Croft

It is clear that that decision was made to get Paps into the side and it was in fact a shit decision by Bellamy.
Or Bellamy wasn't getting what he wanted from Croft, hence dropping him and keeping Hughes. He could have moved scott for Hughes in the centers but instead dropped Croft. It's not like Croft was killing it, I mean boyd had more TA's and LBA's for **** sake.

Or Bellamy wasn't getting what he wanted from Croft, hence dropping him and keeping Hughes. He could have moved scott for Hughes in the centers but instead dropped Croft. It's not like Croft was killing it, I mean boyd had more TA's and LBA's for **** sake.
Okay, out of who was available on the market, who would you have signed at halfback instead?

As a fun exercise, close your eyes and imagine Bennett is still coaching the Broncos and we had just signed Croft, now tell us your thoughts.

Okay, out of who was available on the market, who would you have signed at halfback instead?
I'm not saying we shouldn't have but I'm not sure he's the 7 we've been waiting for, I was much happier with the 2 year deal that was talked about.
Clifford might be available, I think he's a better player. Honestly in my perfect world, dearden and paix take us to glory.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have but I'm not sure he's the 7 we've been waiting for, I was much happier with the 2 year deal that was talked about.
Clifford might be available, I think he's a better player. Honestly in my perfect world, dearden and paix take us to glory.
I think they will, we just have to wait a little while for them to season appropriately.

In the meantime, a kid with a CV of 2016 Qld U20, 2017 Qld U20 and captain, named in the 2017 Auckland 9's team of the tournament, in his second NRL game in 2017 he kicked the winning field goal against the Cowboys (how long did it take Hunt to kick one??), in his 5th NRL game in 2017 he scores a hat-trick and has 2 try assists, 2018 World Club championship - scores a try and 3 try assists, Qld emerging origin squad, 2019 - vice-captain and halfback of the Australian U23 side, will do me nicely for the money we are paying him.

Last edited:
As a fun exercise, close your eyes and imagine Bennett is still coaching the Broncos and we had just signed Croft, now tell us your thoughts.
Same ! If you think this is about our coach than you'd be way off the mark . I just think he hasn't proved anything other than he's struggled in a successful team and got replaced by a fullback.
Do I think he is worth a crack? Yes , but I'm not getting a hard on over the signing like some.

I think they will, we just have to wait a little while for them to season appropriately.

In the meantime, a kid with a CV of 2016 Qld U20, 2017 Qld U20 and captain, named in the 2017 Auckland 9's team of the tournament, in his second NRL game in 2017 he kicked the winning field goal against the Cowboys (how long did it take Hunt to kick one??), in his NRL game in 2017 he scores a hat-trick and has 2 try assists, 2018 World Club championship - scores a try and 3 try assists, Qld emerging origin squad, 2019 - vice-captain and halfback of the Australian U23 side, will do me nicely for the money we are paying him.
I'm happy to give him a chance but I'm not holding my breath. And we don't know the price we've paid yet , it went from 2 yrs to 3 so $$ could be different aswell.

Same ! If you think this is about our coach than you'd be way off the mark . I just think he hasn't proved anything other than he's struggled in a successful team and got replaced by a fullback.
Do I think he is worth a crack? Yes , but I'm not getting a hard on over the signing like some.
Struggled in a successful team... He had a 90* win rate before he was dropped this year. After he was dropped storm one less than 50%

Right..... 2 players who have played 5 games between them with one of those players having played 100% of those games.

Glory glory..

Oh wait......

In the meantime, a kid with a CV of 2016 Qld U20, 2017 Qld U20 and captain, named in the 2017 Auckland 9's team of the tournament, in his second NRL game in 2017 he kicked the winning field goal against the Cowboys (how long did it take Hunt to kick one??), in his 5th NRL game in 2017 he scores a hat-trick and has 2 try assists, 2018 World Club championship - scores a try and 3 try assists, Qld emerging origin squad, 2019 - vice-captain and halfback of the Australian U23 side, will do me nicely for the money we are paying him.
Has hunt even kicked one yet?

Struggled in a successful team... He had a 90* win rate before he was dropped this year. After he was dropped storm one less than 50%
Oh so he had the 90% not the team itself, I mean it couldn't have been that they barely dropped a game all year and they ran out of gas. It's sweet you give him all the credit but .
[automerge]1574765574[/automerge]
Right..... 2 players who have played 5 games between them with one of those players having played 100% of those games.

Glory glory..

Oh wait......
Like Croft ??
Glory glory....
Oh wait he choked.....

Last edited:
Jahrome Hughes hardly lit the world up at halfback and was a big reason why the Storm lost two games in the finals this year.
He replaced Croft.
To say I am dubious of this signing is the understatement of the century.

or you can look at it this way ... with Croft in the side they won the minor premiership comfortably (losing only 4 games, by a combined total of something like 6 pts)

then they replace him with Hughes and they become also rans in the finals.

or you can look at it this way ... with Croft in the side they won the minor premiership comfortably (losing only 4 games, by a combined total of something like 6 pts)

then they replace him with Hughes and they become also rans in the finals.
People on this forum don't think with logic.

They think that the best player is always picked.

They must think Darius is really good, and Macca is better than Turpin toon.

Idiots.

People on this forum don't think with logic.

They think that the best player is always picked.

They must think Darius is really good, and Macca is better than Turpin toon.

Idiots.
By your logic the storm are going to struggle without Croft more than they did cronk, who's the idiot ???

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.