Will Ben Hunt ever play Origin?

I have no doubt that Hunt will play Origin. Every series gets impacted by players being injured or suspended.

Hunt could play Origin as soon as game 2 depending on the result and Morgans impact.

I guess I'm at odds with most of you about Hunt but I just don't see him getting in anytime soon. I think he's a champion in our team and he's won us a few games but his kicking game is average and doesn't look like there's much improvement left in that department. Naturally I could be totally wrong. His best chance is Milford improving to origin standard and then Qld picking Hunt in combination with his team 5/8.

I don't know why people are so sure that DCE will be the long term option- he strikes me as promising a lot but very capable of delivering little. I'm a truw non believer when it comes to him- not the answer. I see Hunt as a better long term option than the back flipper.

I think I speak for most people when I say that DCE is clearly the better player Halfback right now. He was in a terrible position last year when Cronk went down, not only was Daly playing injured himself, but he had to jump in to a spine that'd been together for about 8 years, with little to no training in the Halfback position.

I have pretty good faith that if he's 100% healthy and gets a full Origin series training/playing in the 7, he'll carve up NSW.

He will probably (and hopefully for him) play Origin, but I can't see him becoming a first choice half, due to his below average kicking game and game control.
On top of that, he already has Cronk, Thurston and DCE ahead of him, Morgan and Milford to contend with, and if some of the youngsters coming through deliver on the promise, they will pass him too.

He will probably (and hopefully for him) play Origin, but I can't see him becoming a first choice half, due to his below average kicking game and game control.
On top of that, he already has Cronk, Thurston and DCE ahead of him, Morgan and Milford to contend with, and if some of the youngsters coming through deliver on the promise, they will pass him too.
Sometimes you absolutely nail it.

I'd say he'll play at some point, but he's probably going to be the Paul Green-type option - mostly just there if needed when injuries strike. With consistent play though he could lock up that bench utility spot given his experience at hooker for us, and if he gets a run you never know. It tends to be harder to get dropped from this team than picked for it.

95% probability Morgan will only play a token 18 minutes in the middle.

At the very least, Hunt is 10x more effective defender in the middle. Played 3-4 seasons at hooker.

He's also a much better playmaker.

Not unless his kicking game improves 100%. Running game is good enough, though you can't survive alone on show 'n go's.

Unlucky but he's not outstanding enough in one area to ignore his other deficits.

My heart just skipped a beat... :shocked: :wink:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Huge

Sometimes you absolutely nail it.

get a room you two.

Turn it up ! Porthole is still a pratt ! As my Samoan mate say..The sun sometimes shines even on a dogs arse ! Not sure what it means ha ha

Sorry man,had a bad day. Don't want to get in the way of new love.

Turn it up ! Porthole is still a pratt ! As my Samoan mate say..The sun sometimes shines even on a dogs arse ! Not sure what it means ha ha

>like<

:smile:

Phew... that's better. You had me worried there for a while.

I guess I'm at odds with most of you about Hunt but I just don't see him getting in anytime soon. I think he's a champion in our team and he's won us a few games but his kicking game is average and doesn't look like there's much improvement left in that department. Naturally I could be totally wrong. His best chance is Milford improving to origin standard and then Qld picking Hunt in combination with his team 5/8.

Fair enough points, but I really think except for one or two games this season his long kicking game is improving. There was a monster 70m kick against the Knights on Monday night that kept the momentum going our way which lead to a big 2nd half.

Fair enough points, but I really think except for one or two games this season his long kicking game is improving. There was a monster 70m kick against the Knights on Monday night that kept the momentum going our way which lead to a big 2nd half.
True ,he has a good kick on him and the timing and power are there but that's not really what I was referring to. A champion kicker has short ,mediumand long covered but it's strategic kicking that is most important. I know not everyone kicks at Thurston or Johns level but in my humble opinion Hunt has to at least approach the A level game and I only see him at B+. One thing though, please can he prove me wrong . I want him to be so complete as a player that he absolutely must be selected.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Bish
  • Bronx48
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.