Will Darren Lockyer Be An Immortal?

Will Darren Lockyer be one of the Immortals?

• Total voters
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Will Locky be the next, or one of the two, next Immortals?

If the survey was "should" Locky be an immortal, then of course the answer is a resouding yes

But the utter incompetence of the NRL open the door for a tragic injustice, and I won't be truly confident until after it's announced

Lockyer was better than Johns. If Johns goes in pretty much as soon as he was eligible, so should Locky.

Lockyer should be an immortal but should be 10 years minimum to give them a test of time.

At end of day it was a magazine stunt. Need to do a lot to make it meaningful

You've changed the rules from the thread title.

Yes.

Probably not. RLW totally fucked up the concept when they threw Junkie Johns name on the list so early after his retirement.. I think they know that and so they will try to over compensate. It'll be someone from the old boys club.....2 times running.

Should be Locky but won’t. It’ll be Meninga and Provan (to keep the old “1960’s St George is the greatest club ever” club happy)

Edit: Slander

Last edited by a moderator:
He should be. i hate how people are saying Smith and Thurston are better than him. He is the reason they are so good.

He absolutely bloody should be the next immortal. But he won't be. because NSW.

You've changed the rules from the thread title.

Yes.

Probably not. RLW totally fucked up the concept when they threw Junkie Johns name on the list so early after his retirement.. I think they know that and so they will try to over compensate. It'll be someone from the old boys club.....2 times running.

Aye, but I think if he doesn't get in next they will over look him for Smith and Thurston.

The vote was for the thread title, the post was for discussion.

To get back on topic, Locky should probably be an immortal if comparing to Johns, but I truly believe he was mostly overrated and inconsistent. His good years were great, but they weren’t all good. He was made look better by the class of his team/s. I do believe he was better as fullback.

I hope you're wearing a flame retardant suit today mate.

To get back on topic, Locky should probably be an immortal if comparing to Johns, but I truly believe he was mostly overrated and inconsistent. His good years were great, but they weren’t all good. He was made look better by the class of his team/s. I do believe he was better as fullback.
Wash your mouth out with soap!!!

80a.gif

Lol if JT is inducted before Locky. Locky basically made JT the player he is at rep level IMO.

EDIT: JT shouldn't even be an immortal IMO. Only Smith and Locky should be 100% picks in the future. There's no way you can say that JT was clearcut better than players like Alfie, Sterling, or Fittler.

JT shouldn't even be an immortal IMO. Only Smith and Locky should be 100% picks in the future. There's no way you can say that JT was clearcut better than players like Alfie, Sterling, or Fittler.

I can't agree with that.

I don't love the little prick, but he's well ahead of those other 3 guys in terms of ability & accomplishments. He deserves to be an immortal, as long as it's after Lockyer.

VQN55mh.png

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Splinter
  • HarryAllan7
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • RolledOates
  • broncs30
  • Skathen
  • broncsgoat
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • Thelmus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.