Willie Tonga talks of quitting Cowboys and Joining Broncos

Re: Willie Tonga talks of quitting Cowboys and Joining Bronc

As long as he comes at a bargain - which wouldn't be the case. If he's willing to be a bronco for 200k/year I say FOR SURE... that is a good deal but as if he would take 200.

He's a current test center so i doubt very much whether he'll go for less than 250K a year.

We can afford that anyway [icon_shru

I would welcome him

Absolutely, me too. If he wants to come here, and isn't just going to use us to drive up his price with Parramatta, sure. I don't want the Broncos to get into a bidding war for him.

Why not? Just means Parra will have more cap space taken up.

Coxy said:
Absolutely, me too. If he wants to come here, and isn't just going to use us to drive up his price with Parramatta, sure. I don't want the Broncos to get into a bidding war for him.
This. It won't be bad for the young guys to have a bit of experience in the back line.

Coxy said:

the Broncos never seem to get into bidding wars anyway.

Tonga would be a good signing IMO, he would come much cheaper than Inglis, so we would still have enough room to retain the players we want to.

If we don't get him then I actually think it might be worthwhile keeping some money away for a mid-season purchase. Over the last few years we have seen heaps of players switch clubs or return from the UK mid-season and they can be what a side needs to spark itself in the leadup to the finals.

As it stands I don't think our side next year is any worse than this year provided Hodges is fit for most of 2011 - remember we were effectively playing up to 400k under the cap this year with him unavailable.

Come back Izzy! :cry:

Any more news on this?

You'd think he'd want to get it sorted soon, what with pre-season training starting up now.

A journo basically came out and said it was all BS.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.