Wishful Thinking Rumour - The Shaun Johnson Circle Jerk Thread

Would you want Shaun Johnson

• Total voters
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
If Kemp can have one good year and get his own circle jerk thread, then SJ certainly deserves one too. He has 1 good year and a highlights reel and a try against us. That's more than what Kemp can claim!

Make it happen G

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Shaun Johnson Circle Jerk Thread

Kevin Lockes try was better.

Re: The Shaun Johnson Circle Jerk Thread

Actually Kemp did score a try against us.

Come to Brisbane SJ. You'll get to be part of a real RL club.

And with a coach like Griffin, unless your playing hooker you won't be benched :thumbup1:

I don't know why people say they don't want SJ. The guy is a young freakish talent who will only get better as he matures.

what I would like to see, Prince calls it a day this year, Wal sees out his contract with Broncs next year with next years halves being Hunt and Wal, and we make massive play for SJ mid next year (hopefully already being discussed) with Hunt and SJ from '15 on for years to come.

I can see it now, SJ making breaks and giving Kahu and Glenn plenty of tries for following his breaks, with Hunt playing the solid 5/8 role in defence and organisation.

your're 100% right Ari, make it happen GG

If Hunt kicks on and doesn't fail like Norman has, Johnson could be pretty good. You really need an organiser and somebody who can steady the side to play alongside Johnson.

I reckon this highlight reel will be added to a fair bit come Tuesday morning. Big game to impress SJ!!

It would be interesting to vote who actually would want SJ at the club. It seems pretty split down the middle.

Okay people, poll has been added... Go for your lives! :thumbup1:

I voted no. Simply because IMO he hasn't done anything to convince me that he is a better option than what we have (Prince/Wallace) or what we will have (Hunt).

We would need the right partner to go with Johnson to make it worthwhile us signing him IMO.

I voted 'Yes, but at a reasonable price' I think he would be a great addition playing with someone structured, but I dont want to break the bank on him. Ironically I think a partnership of wallace/johnson would go really well

I have to agree. Wallace with the right partner would be handy. Johnson could indeed be that right partner. Alternatively having neither and backing a few kids could be a real possibility at this stage.

And beads, I would be completely happy if they grabbed two young guys and tried them out. I'd be willing to give them a big chunk of time to find out what they are made of. I love that we did that with Norman and realised he doesn't have it. Griffin was man enough to at least shove him in fullback, which is paying off two fold. 1. we have a great winger in hoffman, 2. we have some passing skills in the fullback position. He did this knowing he might lose Norman, which we did and is great so credit to Griffin for that.

I said no, I'm not keen on buying another half based on potential, We did that before and now people are plotting his removal. Plus If it's to partner Wallace while Granville/Hunt are left on on the bench and in QCup it's not worth the risk.

The talent is there in the lower grades for Brisbane, it's just a matter of Hook having his hand forced (Prince Injured, Wallace runs away.) With the right coach the team has all the potential in the world already in the system.

I went "yes with the blank cheque".
I think Hunt and him would be a strong pairing with Hunt's stability and the creativity of SJ running amok.
Wal would be equally as good too with his leadership but Hunt to me is more of the long term aim in mind

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • westy316
  • Santa
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Strop
  • bazza
  • kiwibronco
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosMan
  • marw
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • Maroon4life
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • MrRobot
  • The Don
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.