With all the Revenue and profit the Club makes does it buy any assets??

A fair chunk. Some will go into reserves. The club has fairly significant cash reserves so we're not going to be like the Sharks any time soon.

In terms of investing in other clubs, it could be done but how many ESL clubs are actually profitable?

The Broncos tried that, they bought the Crusaders and re-named them the London Broncos.

I'm almost certain the state govt would never sell Suncorp especially with the Olympics coming up.
The best bet would be to build a boutique stadium (yes it would cost a bit and need a loan) of about 35000 (don't know where) and then try and coax the reds and roar to play there as they don't need anywhere near suncorp's capacity. Then we get to keep all the profits.
Pretty sure though if we tried to do that the govt would make life very difficult with getting necessary building approvals and would not be interested in helping out with related transport infrastructure.
Think we are stuck with the current arrangements indefinitely.

That's what Redcliffe have done, they owned all that land so built a shopping centre and ground on there to make rent forever from.

That's what Redcliffe have done, they owned all that land so built a shopping centre and ground on there to make rent forever from.
Makes sense. There's no money in the owning of a sporting team as the salaries keep up with revenue and drive any profits away, owning a team is a rich mans folly. The money is in the brand, levered through merch, and real estate.

They were looking at purchasing Supercars as part of a consortium. I think they are starting to explore more revenue growth opportunities as the nrl grant increases

Can you imagine if BHQ made the decisions?
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

At least if it were up to us, Farnworth would be more important than some nobody named Mariner.

Broncos own Gilbert Park, they bought it off Wests.
That's where we train in front of the HQ right?
Buying Suncorp or even a stadium is a pipe dream the club could never achieve. Suncorp would cost about 500 million minimum.
The rebuild of Parra cost 300 mill not including the land either. There is a reason state government normally own that infrastructure. If anyone was to ever own a stadium it would have to be like when the AFL bought Marvel Stadium for 460 million. But it made sense to them as they could play a heap of sides out of it to make it feasible. The NRL could achieve this but they are too dumb with their money to ever look at this option
It would be alot of money but I don't think it would be that much more then Parra stadium, it was built for a cheaper price when building costs were much cheaper plus it's nearly 20 years old now, some sort of depreciation would be factored in, but it could be only done with a Loan anyway, profits would take a huge hit but the club would basically be able to run tax free while paying it of, Brisbane has a huge lack of suitable rectangles so unless the government has plans to build another one in the future there could be a solid business case for it, as long as the repayments are not more then say 5 million a year over what can be made from the stadium in a year I think the club could do it quite reasonably.

The financial statements on Stadiums Queensland don't isolate it just for Suncorp but given we paid 3.3 mil for 7 games last year I would assume that would be atleast 5 mil made just from Broncos games, now you got Dolphins which would probably be Similar but I assume maybe a little bit less due to less crowds thus less security etc required, you also have the reds, Roar did leave though but I think if a good deal was presented you could bring them back, then you got Origin, concerts(which will likely pay the most), possible internationals for Soccer, league and Rugby.

I would be surprised if it's under 20 mil a year the stadium makes, is that enough to service a loan to buy the stadium, thats the big question.

I suspect you would want to make sure Dolphins play at Suncorp for the duration of that and would need to get a longterm deal.

That's where we train in front of the HQ right?

It would be alot of money but I don't think it would be that much more then Parra stadium, it was built for a cheaper price when building costs were much cheaper plus it's nearly 20 years old now, some sort of depreciation would be factored in, but it could be only done with a Loan anyway, profits would take a huge hit but the club would basically be able to run tax free while paying it of, Brisbane has a huge lack of suitable rectangles so unless the government has plans to build another one in the future there could be a solid business case for it, as long as the repayments are not more then say 5 million a year over what can be made from the stadium in a year I think the club could do it quite reasonably.

The financial statements on Stadiums Queensland don't isolate it just for Suncorp but given we paid 3.3 mil for 7 games last year I would assume that would be atleast 5 mil made just from Broncos games, now you got Dolphins which would probably be Similar but I assume maybe a little bit less due to less crowds thus less security etc required, you also have the reds, Roar did leave though but I think if a good deal was presented you could bring them back, then you got Origin, concerts(which will likely pay the most), possible internationals for Soccer, league and Rugby.

I would be surprised if it's under 20 mil a year the stadium makes, is that enough to service a loan to buy the stadium, thats the big question.

I suspect you would want to make sure Dolphins play at Suncorp for the duration of that and would need to get a longterm deal.
With Brisbane to host the olympics, I’d say at least one new/majorly upgraded stadium is on the cards sometime in the future.

With Brisbane to host the olympics, I’d say at least one new/majorly upgraded stadium is on the cards sometime in the future.
They already shown the plans for the Gabba to be demolished and rebuilt to atleast 50k(Olympic requirement), Suncorp might get a refresher upgrade but I highly doubt it would be drastic.

It makes the most sense, as a stadium with a running track ends up basically cricket oval sized, so the government will see the reusability in it, if they used Suncorp your basically ruining the stadium for League, Soccer and union if you have been to Homebush you can see how crap it is even though I think they did a good job making it as rectangle as possible so it's more compact then West Hams London Stadium for eg, it's still a bit far from the action and the front stands are way too flat you can't see jack.

Record yearly revenue for the club.

59.8m turnover. 3.2m profit.

YTY turnover up 17%, merchandise up 30%, sponsorships up 11%

DD 623k salary, Ikin 347k

Wasn't Whites salary like a Million a year?

Wasn't Whites salary like a Million a year?

not even close.

his highest income was about 750k for the year ... but that had heaps of bonuses included (something like 200k odd)

edit: there is an article from the CM in 2018 (paywalled) that says his base salary was 600k a year

not even close.

his highest income was about 750k for the year ... but that had heaps of bonuses included (something like 200k odd)

edit: there is an article from the CM in 2018 (paywalled) that says his base salary was 600k a year
Don't need a CM article it would be on the 2020 Annual report surely.

I just checked and it was 495k base with 548k with bonus.

Wait just under that it said 701k base with 800k total for the full year.

Bit confusing but the highest number would be the most accurate.

Just buy the stadium FFS ***** need to know whos home it is.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Manifesto
  • Fatboy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Strop
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Yem
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behold
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Inknition
  • kiwibronco
  • Organix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • jd87
  • simplythebest
  • mieko
  • Santa
... and 68 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.