Without Hodges the Broncos are nothing in attack.

Jebadude said:
footymad said:
Getting back on topic. Boyd should never play centre. He's a winger and a winger only. I rather Nick Emmett than him in the centres.

Did you miss the Raiders game???

Tell many how many good games Boyd has played in the centres? And compare to how many average games he has played there.
Thankyou icon_thumbs_u

footymad said:
Jebadude said:
footymad said:
Getting back on topic. Boyd should never play centre. He's a winger and a winger only. I rather Nick Emmett than him in the centres.

Tell many how many good games Boyd has played in the centres? And compare to how many average games he has played there.
Thankyou icon_thumbs_u

Boyd doesn't set the world on fire in the centres but doesn't put a foot wrong in the centres in defence and does a very solid job. Better than Nick Emmett, when was the last time Boyd dropped the ball over the line with nobody within 5m of him?? Also, Emmett is injured. THought you'd know that if you were 'footymad'

Alos, if you put Boyd back on the wing, who do we play in the centres?

The only ones we would have would be an U20's player...who probably aren't ready.

Jebadude said:
footymad said:
Jebadude said:
footymad said:

Thankyou icon_thumbs_u

Boyd doesn't set the world on fire in the centres but doesn't put a foot wrong in the centres in defence and does a very solid job. Better than Nick Emmett, when was the last time Boyd dropped the ball over the line with nobody within 5m of him?? Also, Emmett is injured. THought you'd know that if you were 'footymad'

I said i rather Emmett over Boyd but doesn't mean I think Emmett is a great centre. Boyd is a finisher, and should be left on the wing.

And who do you drop?? Leading tryscorer Kemp or major improver in Manihera?

Manihera. He's solid but for the sake of the team, Boyd is better off on the wing than in the centres.

footymad said:
Manihera. He's solid but for the sake of the team, Boyd is better off on the wing than in the centres.

While I agree with this at the moment, Boyd has been outstanding in defence in the centres, and I'd want him there to mark...er...Mark Gasnier.

footymad said:

But you're dropping a solid, consistent winger for a Q-Cup centre. Ridiculous.

Jebadude said:
footymad said:

Er, Manihera is a QLD cup standard winger. If you think otherwise, you have rocks in your head.

The Rock said:
Jebadude said:
footymad said:

Dude, just stop arguing with him and he'll eventually realise that he's a goose!

No no no, he won't. There lies the problem with him and the Franks, rnabokov's etc etc....

footymad - all I will say about Manihera is that he has shown plenty more that Emmett ever did between their two chances in the top grade. Boyd is very solid in the centres and while Michaels is out he is our best option.

For the balance of the team, Boyd is better off on the wing than in the centres. Emmett can cover the centres and at least look threating with the ball in the centres.

LOL @ Boyd looks more dangerous. The only danger Boyd has with ball in hand is the touchline FFS!

footymad said:
LOL @ Boyd looks more dangerous. The only danger Boyd has with ball in hand is the touchline FFS!
Lol at you thinking emmet looks mroe dangerous than boyd.

The only time Boyd looks threating is when he forgets to gel his hair before the match

Active Now

• Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.