Woohoo! Australia loses!

Shame for the Australia soccer fans but I am not really concerned, it does sound like there a rumours of something not being quite right in the voting. [icon_shru

Saved our country from spending shitloads on infrastructure we'll never use again.

I'm pretty disappointed that we lost, not devastated though. It would've been awesome to work on the whole event, career-wise, but also attend some games.

That video was lame.

In Soviet Russia, russia goes to you!

Sorry, not winning the hosting rights is a massive blow.

The football World Cup is the single biggest sporting event worldwide. It would have done wonders for us.

Julia+Gillard.jpg

I don't blame them for not wanting to come here.

The Rock said:
Yep. Coxy's anti-football agenda doesn't work this time. It's a BIG blow for the sport in Australia.

not really, they wanted to kick league and afl of there stadiums for 3 months. Instead worry about a gay convention we should be getting rid of the boats and pissing off Gillard.

The Rock said:
Yep. Coxy's anti-football agenda doesn't work this time. It's a BIG blow for the sport in Australia.

I would go as far as to say it's a big blow for sport in general here let alone soccer

Meat77 said:
The Rock said:

I would go as far as to say it's a big blow for sport in general here let alone soccer

Yep, totally agree.

I don't it will have that much if an impact on Australian football. It would have provided a boost, but I can't see crowds reducing or anything.

As they said on the radio. Now that they haven't got it, they should send a heap of the money they had allocated for the cup to the local comp to boost it in Australia.

From Fifa's perspective, selecting Australia would've been a silly decision.

Big Pete said:
From Fifa's perspective, selecting Australia would've been a silly decision.

Selecting Qatar was the wrong decision!

Qatar has a population of 1.6 million, 1 airport and at the time of the cup temps average about 40-45. The air con they have in stadiums is all wekll and good for players but spectators will be confined to their hotels when not watching a game. Anyone that hasbeen to a world cup will know the whole 4 weeks is just awesome, its like a 4 week party and to have it in Qatar is just blood stupid. But I guess in todays world money talks and Fifa are greedy pricks.

Fifa have made a massive mistake having it Qatar

I didn't say they were a good decision, just better than Australia from their perspective.

Want to know why?

$$$.

And that's basically all they care about and it's why Australia isn't a viable option.

EDIT: Also how were we expected to afford such an event? Borrow money again? Tax? Yeah...really don't feel like paying for a sport I couldn't give three f**ks about watching.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":35xda55n]Yep. Coxy's anti-football agenda doesn't work this time. It's a BIG blow for the sport in Australia.

not really, they wanted to kick league and afl of there stadiums for 3 months. Instead worry about a gay convention we should be getting rid of the boats and pissing off Gillard.[/quote:35xda55n]

they have kicked league and AFL out of the stadiums, but they would have upgraded those stadiums for us to utilise. that alone would have been a massive benefit to the NRL and AFL

Pffft. This has ZERO negative impact on rugby league. Has massive impact on expansion of soccer here though, which is good because it's shit.

Foordy said:
Bucking Beads said:
[quote="The Rock":3fiw83gw]Yep. Coxy's anti-football agenda doesn't work this time. It's a BIG blow for the sport in Australia.

not really, they wanted to kick league and afl of there stadiums for 3 months. Instead worry about a gay convention we should be getting rid of the boats and pissing off Gillard.

they have kicked league and AFL out of the stadiums, but they would have upgraded those stadiums for us to utilise. that alone would have been a massive benefit to the NRL and AFL[/quote:3fiw83gw]

Yeah because Sydney teams could really use more empty seats at games.

Active Now

• cento
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  • mystico
  • Old Mate
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.