Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
What the hell was game plan for tonight? I still think Bennett should bring Kevin Walter as assistant coach.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
OK so to recap my point of view. TPJ and Fai ran the ball better than Offa and Ese'ese. McGuire tried too hard to be something he isn't yet and it got to him. Milf and Hunt were scary with how average they controlled the game. Macca was v. good but once again did so much defense he was working so hard. Boyd was a class act and while he doesn't kick return hard it's mostly because he doesn't see the opportunity. Oates was OK didn't really use him as much as we could. Roberts and Mead were meh. We need to be better in defense. The end.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Full credit to Warrington, they out-enthused the Broncos from the get-go and were clearly the better side.

Brisbane gave themselves a crack but it was the two kicks from Ben Hunt that ultimately hurt them. The first led to the opening try, the other completely changed the momentum of the half. It wasn't his greatest performance but it would be unfair to blame him for the result. Fact of the matter is there were a lot of poor performances out there and there will be a lot of players looking to make amends in Round 1.

Not a whole lot to write home about for the Broncos, but if there was one positive, I thought the bench showed some good signs. Glenn bolstered the ruck, Pangai Jr troubled the defenders with his foot-work, Arrow was solid as ever and Fai showed good enthusiasm. On a night where not a lot went right for the visitors, they were a positive for the Broncos.

Never the less, we're only 11 days away from the start of the season. The boys have been brought back down to earth and will need a big effort against Cronulla.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Boyd, Hunt, Milford, Kahu, Mead were particularly poor for me.

Offa and Herman both were good enough for me. Glenn was our best on field.

Gillett and Oates really disappointed me, they didn't necessarily play bad but it was really mediocre from them.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I thought Fai was outstanding in his short stint. Herman, Joe, Arrow etc are all good, but Fai has the makings of something pretty special.... I know other clubs are circling.

Then we need to sign him up asap, anyone who knows anything can see he is something special in the making, just needs the opportunities.

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
What the hell was game plan for tonight? I still think Bennett should bring Kevin Walter as assistant coach.

Hard to have any game plan when the defence is on you as you are catching the ball. That was always going to be the case playing an English team on their home patch.
The 10m was more like 7m and the referee was allowing Warrington to leave very early off the line. Gave the Broncos no space.

All in all, I thought they did well to hang in and claw back a bit of momentum.

Personally, I think there are good signs.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Oh yeah Glenn was good but only to stop the bleed in the first half.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Hard to have any game plan when the defence is on you as you are catching the ball. That was always going to be the case playing an English team on their home patch.
The 10m was more like 7m and the referee was allowing Warrington to leave very early off the line. Gave the Broncos no space.

The reason the 10m line was a 7m line was that the field was 90m long instead 100m long

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I'll be bringing you '5 Things We Learned' after every game.

1. Our forward pack needs some muscle

Our forwards were well beaten tonight by a more enthusiastic and determined side. This won't be the pack that runs out in round one, so hopefully the inclusion of Blair and Sims gives us an injection of much needed grunt. The Sharks have a big pack so we will need to raise our performance a lot.

2. Dragons fans will be asking "why?"

I'm a big fan of Hunt, but his performance was shocking. Dragons fans will be wondering why Hunt is taking up so much of their salary cap and for so long. Hunt has spoken about leaving with a premiership, he'll need to step up if he wants to achieve that goal, tonight's performance says otherwise.

3. Warrington were good

The Broncos were very poor, but take nothing away from Warrington. They were more determined and a lot more hungry than the Broncos and it showed with their play.

4. There were some positives

McCullough was easily the Broncos' best player. With Milford and Hunt off their games McCullough stepped up. He created the first try and was scheming out of dummy half. His kicking game was impressive. Oates and Thaiday both had good games on a well beaten team.

5. Bring on Fox League.

The 24 hour league channel is just over a week away from launching, but already this forum member cannot wait until he doesn't have to listen to any of the Channel 9 commentators until grand final day. Andrew Johns proved again this morning that if you are from NSW and considered a great you can pretty much do anything and stay on tv and Wally Lewis, great player, but irritating as a commentator.

Agree? Disagree? I look forward to everyone's take on the game.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
That was crap we looked disinterested and that ref needs a kick in the face. It was obvious that he was letting them get of the line early, it was a farce. I'm not going to judge on that game at all. Nice to see Kahu slotting from the sidelines. Oh and more pudding give up the get rid of hunt chant its not happening!

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
It wasn't the loss we needed, but the loss we deserved. I'm actually glad we got that match out of the way and believe our season will be better for it.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
What is going on with Milf? Is he not calling the ball? He got very little quality ball and when he did he didn't have anything to offer. Confidence? Hunt got the ball a lot more and did very little with it.

You can see it on their faces, they don't know what to do when it's not all going to script. Milf gets it and thinks either run the length of the field for a try or run to the left or right and short pass. Hunt looks absolutely clueless on 90% of last tackle options.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
It wasn't the loss we needed, but the loss we deserved. I'm actually glad we got that match out of the way and believe our season will be better for it.

Put a bit of fire in the belly for round one. Hopefully the sharks have a so so game.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016

Big joe will be in Broncos side round one. I think arrow deserve in round one. Which player put themselves under pressure after tonight perform?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Offa best of young props tonight

I think so too , that first was ridiculous so couldn't really guage . Tpj and ese'ese didn't impress me. Like i said before though, hard to make meters when the opposition is in your face when you just received the ball.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Lozza
  • Financeguy
  • davidp
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.