World Cup 2010

“Yes, there is handball but I am not the referee,” Henry told reporters. “I’m in the box, there are two defenders in front of me. The ball bounced off my hand, the referee did not see it and I played on.

“It doesn’t change anything to the fact that I’m happy we have qualified."

Fair enough. Henry handballed, nobody called it. Not his fault.

classic. suck shit Ireland lol. Congrats to Greece as well!!!

Algeria ended up beating Egypt 1-0 which also put them through. Crazy fans those two countries have.

So the final teams to go through are:

ASIA: Australia, Japan, Korea DPR, Korea Republic

AFRICA: Algeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Nigeria, South Africa (host)

EUROPE: Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland

SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay

NORTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA AND CARIBBEAN: Honduras, Mexico, United States

OCEANIA: New Zealand.

Regarding France, I haven't yet seen what happened so I can't really make a judgement. If Henry deliberately handled the ball to create an advantage then he is scum, it infuriates me when a professional footballer resorts to blatant cheating like that. I don't care who they are or who they are playing for. Either way I've heard that it happened in a position where an official surely should have seen it, so at the end of the day it's probably just piss poor refereeing. It's a shame for Ireland who battled hard to get their opportunity to go to the world cup, but shit happens. I can't see France going far in the tournament anyway.

Surprised to see Russia go out to Slovenia and it's a shame Bosnia and Herzagrovnosdfsdagj didn't upset Portugal. But then again, I wouldn't mind seeing England get a shot at revenge against those bastards, especially with Capello at the helm (who isn't a clown like Sven).

I rly rly want Spain to break their drought.

They're so fkn good.

Chances are they will and I think most people with half a clue are expecting it as well. I haven't seen an international team with as much all around talent as they have in a long time. They have good depth in most positions too which is awesome for them. You know things are going well for your country when you have the likes of Fabregas sitting on the bench.

They're just to the friggin brim with talent, it's insane.

I think many many people would be disappointed if they don't win it.

It depends who they play to win it lol

I don't expect England to get as far as the final, I'd like to see us reach the semis but we seem to lack cutting edge players in key positions. Capello has done a damn good job getting a balanced team at this point though, it's just a shame it's taken Emile Heskey for that to happen. Personally I think Carlton Cole would do the job better as he not only has the strength and physical presence of Heskey, but he can actually score goals too.

What Henry did in the way he celebrated was appalling, he is a Barca player and I still can't help but criticise him. That is disgusting cheating to the highest degree and it is appalling refereeing. I feel so sorry for the Irish. I also think Spain are a big chance but Brazil look ominous and always turn up when it comes to World Cup time.

Anyone think Argentina will have the balls to sack Maradona before the World Cup?

It's still not too late!

ningnangnong said:
Anyone think Argentina will have the balls to sack Maradona before the World Cup?

It's still not too late!

I don't think they will. more of a case of cbf'd.

doing that quiz, I can't believe spain has only made the final 4 once. They are massive chokers and will do so again.

Can't believe russia didn't make it, thought they were a dark horse to go all the way.

Just watched the goal and it was blatant as anything. Henry is a scumbag cheating piece of shit.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.